August 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Kabuki

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I quite like this brush. The quality is good and more affordable than MAC 182. (Even though MAC 182 is a lot more softer.) I like the little bag that came along with the brush, makes my life much more easier when I have to travel. However, this brush did shed a few times, but then it stopped. I mostly use it for buffing loose powder to set foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely brush! I have had this brush for years and it looks exactly the same as when I brought it. It has never shed. Perfect for powder foundation or setting powders or all over bronzer. If anything happened to mine I would definitely go and buy another one. HG item.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam62

This is the Kabuki I will always come back to and I have quite a few. It is the softest one I have found with very densely backed natural bristles. Have had no shedding and comes in the cutest little soft leather like case.
I have misplaced it at the moment and am going on the hunt. If it has gone permanently MIA I will be repurchasing it ASAP. I had used it every day for nine years now and have missed being without it for the last two weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 7:18:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful brush, it's so soft! I use for loose powder, bronzers, and blushes. It's also perfect for blending cream blushes into your cheeks. It's a top quality brush, and will last a very long time if you take care of it. The little leather bag that comes with it is adorable and makes travelling with it so easy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by FoxyLocks

This brush is incredibly soft, such a beautiful texture!!!
You can tell it's quality just by looking at it. Although it was expensive, I think it's definately worth the price. I would buy again (not that I would need too, I have had this one for about a year now and surely I'll have it in many more to come)!
I use it mainly for my bronzers and foundation powder, it blends beautifully, very easy to get an even tone; especially with the bronzer (which I have struggled with using other brushes in the past)
Love it love it love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by charpsand

I would give this brush(es) a "10", I was a make-up artists for her line and her brushes are a quality product, or she wouldn't put her name on it. Nothing is perfect, so for the one who said she totally regretted buying this product? Try again, I have her full line and if cared for properly, you will never have to buy another brush! Everything has a lemon somewhere along the line...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this brush. The bristle are so soft and full. This is great to use as a blush or a bronzer brush. I used to use it for blushes but I'm now using it to apply finishing powders. I only wish that the handle was longer - it can be awkward to hold

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 6:16:00 AM More reviews by blissliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A good investment. Realized the function of a kabuki brush. It made my face look silky smooth upon application of my loose powder and this brush. It buffers well to give a fine finish. Impressed!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2008 6:02:00 AM More reviews by kinkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATED: THIS BRUSH HAS TOTALLY STUFFED UP EVER SINCE I WASHED IT. IT SEEMS TO BE LIKE A FLUFF BALL. NOT HAPPY

ORIGINAL (5 STAR RATING): Like the other MUA user below, I've only tried mineral makeup recently, I chose Laura Mercier and BB brush.

I didn't mind the LM brush but the sales assistant ran out of stock. She tried to convince me to purchase a MAC or Guerlien one but they were out of stock as well. The BB sales assistant said that a lot of MM users purchase the BB brush.

I did read the recent bad reviews about this product here but I decided to give it a go anyway due to its overall rating. I thought AU$40 was going to be my limit for spending on brushes but I have certainly surpassed that @ $65. Then again, if it is good quality, will not waste the amount of powder I use and long-lasting then I see it as an okay investment.

I've used it for 2 weeks. So far I have found it really good. I think its even better than the LM one that the sales used on me (but I dunno how long that one is used for.) Its only shed 2 hairs from what I have noticed. Hard enough to hold powder yet light enough to be flexible.

The black pouch is quite cute but I do not store my brush there. I don't really want to squash the bristles when putting it in the pouch. I keep it in the box it came with. I'm sure the pouch plays a big part in upping the price of the overall product. I'd rather save the money and not have the pouch.

Basically, price aside, I find it a great product or maybe I'm lucky in not getting a dud one?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by shannernanner

I threw this brush away after I realized it was made of animal hair. I now use a Lumiere kabuki brush, which is synthetic and comparable in quality (without the shedding). I do still use the case it came with for my new brush--it's handy for carrying the kabuki around.