December 21, 2014 | 1384 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Blemish Double Agent

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2004 11:18:00 AM More reviews by violetsun

I thought I must have been the only person who ever bought this product. I was wrong. One may wonder why should they buy this product when there are tons of other acne products that contain 2% salicylic acid. Here goes. This is a product for day. It is made to go under your makeup. Have you ever noticed how a raging, oozy pimple takes 2-3 times longer to heal when you have to wear makeup everyday? Not only that it gets all oozy and crusty and it is so humiliating to go out and if you accidently touch it the top layer will come off and the area all around it is caked dark? Well this stuff does 2 things that no other product does. It cools off and soothes the pimple (which in and of itself is a feature that makes the product worth buying) and it creates a barrier that keeps the makeup from making direct contact with it (speeding up healing) and it also keeps the zit from oozing out into your makeup. WOW. I honestly would buy a product without any acne medication in it if it would just soothe and create a barrier. All other acne products are either "vanishing" or "tinted". Another way I used this product was to apply a thin layer near my left ear & down my jaw line. It prevented those horrible zits I used to get from the phones at work.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2004 5:03:00 PM More reviews by DepecheDressage

I adore this product- absolutely can't live without it. Since the local stores stopped carrying it :'( I've taken to ordering it in large quantities online, it's that essential to me.

A constant headache for me has been when I have a blemish, scrape, or (shame! shame, I know) a zit I've tried to "fix", and although my makeup goes on fine at first, over the course of the day the wound/blemish somehow eats away at the makeup. That's why I love this product so much- it's the only one I've found that realy does stay sealed under my makeup, AND when I take off my foundation in the evening, the zit/scrape/whateveritwas underneath is usually much calmer, never infected or puffy, and generally less of a problem.

Word to the wise: atm I've been ordering this from a canadian pharmacy online, where it's caled Undercover Agent, instead

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2004 12:11:00 AM More reviews by queenc78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product alot, because it both keeps the medicine in and protects the blemish from further irritation by makeup, sunscreen, moisturizer or anything else that might come in contact with your face. Don't use it more than once a day, though; I was applying it twice daily on a particularly big zit, and it just irritated my skin further. Only use it as directed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2004 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Breezibre

It's probably not the best but it's alright. I find tho you have to leave it on and let it dry for a very long time or it'll flake up if you put anything over top of it. I tend to use it over night and it seems to do the trick. Doesn't get rid of them but definately makes them shrink. Good product I'd buy it again.
UPDATE Mar 25 04 I have to say it is a good product, I've been using it over night for 2 days now and it has devresed the size of some of my acne, yet for me I might need to go for something stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2004 3:04:00 AM More reviews by anastasiarh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very thick AND invisible so nobody notices your blemish. Seals your zit unlike other products that will blend in with your concealer. Also has a fresh, clean smell!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2003 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sillyp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The package should have a smaller opening so a smaller amount of product comes out. I have had no luck putting this on under foundation--it makes the zit even more noticable. I use it at night, if at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2003 6:30:00 PM More reviews by AliceHolst

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bioré
blemish double agent
forms an invisible protective barrier - ALL DAY
1 - seals in an acne-fighting ingredient
2 - keeps out dirt and make-up
salicylic acid acne treatment

An absolute essential. I panic when I find I've gone away and haven't packed this. It really does hold blemishes at bay.
Some of the other reviews criticise the product's acne-fighting abilities, but that isn't really what the product is for. A *very* thin layer, allowed to dry for a minute or so, is enough to seal out moisturiser, sunscreen, foundation, makeup, whatever - and therefore negate any effect they might have had. It also sort of *freezes* the blemish at its point of development - at least until you wash your face.
It's awesome!

me: extremely dry, sensitive skin with random spots continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2003 4:14:00 PM More reviews by digit

Save your money. Luckily this was a sample tube in a box of nosestrips! The tube is leaky, the stuff stings, doesn't "tingle" in a good way, and while it is invisible on the skin, it does absolutely *nothing* in terms of drying up pimples. Nothing. Not even used overnight. I had better luck using a dab of toothpaste on pimples overnight!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2003 9:03:00 AM More reviews by 405hung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It performs a decent job under the make up --no muss, no fuss!! The film is transparent and thin, doesn't take long to dry out and definitely works well with my foundation. It doesn't *always* make acne less swollen, however, it does prevent acne growing awfully bigger. The medium-little tube actually lasts longer than you thought-- mine alomost lasts for 8-9 monthes(I only use it when I wear make up)Anyway, I think this should be everyone's stape as "emergency remedy".

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2003 10:42:00 PM More reviews by zouzou

This doesn't work for me at all. I use it and cross my fingers, but it really doesn't seem to have any effect. I like the smell...it smells the way cheapy White Rain hairspray did when I was in high school (the 80s, so plenty of hairspray used).