November 28, 2014 | 932 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Blush & Soft Lights Duo - Smashing Aurora / Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this dusty rose blush/fleshy pink highlighter duo. I swapped for it recently and it gives me a subtle flush and glow and works well on my fair complexion. Quite often I use the Shimmer side over other blushes and as eyeshadow, so it truly is a multi-use product. As I've stated in other SB reviews, I really dislike the screw top packaging, but I'm obsessed with the quality of these powders, so I keep getting more. Definitely swap or buy this duo if you have the opportunity and wear these types of shades well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 12:53:00 AM More reviews by glamourpuss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't know why I haven't reviewed this yet. I've had mine for almost two years now and both the blush and the highlighter have become staples. It's the perfect duo for someone like me with naturally rosy cheeks that flush and fade over the course of the day. It gives just the right natural-looking wash of color to keep me from looking completely sallow when my natural flush wanes.

The blush itself is nothing special in terms of color or effects. Just a soft matte mauve, but the color is perfect on me - MCBB. The highlighter is just as soft and gives a barely-there glow. It's so subtle that I'm amazed at how effectively it livens up my whole face, but it does. Sometimes I look in the mirror after applying my makeup and it looks a bit flat, like something's missing. I add a few swipes of the highlighter and my face is suddenly brighter and I look polished and pulled together. It adds the perfect finishing touch even on "no makeup" days and looks very pretty as an eye shadow. I'd recommend this to anyone wanting a soft, natural look and I'll definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2004 2:22:00 PM More reviews by cosmogrl25

I loooove this!!! The darker, rosey blush is nice when I want a more dramatic look. I am wild about the light pink one for everyday though. It has the nicest little shimmer to it. It is a very light shimmer-- just enough. It stays on all day too. My HG of blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2003 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Tabbygirl

I like how it stays put all day long. I have oily skin and I never have to re apply it. A little goes a long way. Overall a good product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2003 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ikky

This duo consists of a matte medium dark dusty rose, and a pinkish, flesh tone shimmer. The shimmer is very pretty, but the dusty rose side goes on looking dirty on me. Even when applied with light hand, this color still looks like not part of my face and is very unatural, really just looks I have some dirt smeered on my face. I am not sure what kind of coloring would look good with this blush. I am a FFF Asian.