November 28, 2014 | 1758 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Queen Helene - Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by StinaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this product is cheap, it serves a purpose. I find that it does moisturize my body but the consistency is very thin. At least thinner than expected. To make it a bit more satisfying to apply I add a bit of coconut oil.

As for my face: I use this sparingly. I initially feared that it would cause breakouts, but I've come to enjoy using this as a secondary nightly moisturizer after using my dual action one from Clean&Clear. I wake up the next day with soft skin and I like it.

The bottle is large and I wish it had a pump. But that's that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- light
- absorbs quickly

CONS

- not rich enough
- scent
- no pump

COMMENTS: I figured I wouldn't care for this, but I got it anyway. You just never know. I don't find this rich enough. It has a very thin consistency, which is both good and bad. The good part is that is absorbs quickly and is light - never greasy or heavy. The bad part is that it's so light, that it provides little moisture. I'll be mixing this with something like coconut oil to add a little extra "oomph" to this until the bottle is gone.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so surprised at how well this product performs. In my search for cruelty free products I decided to try this out. I figured it wouldn't hurt since it's $2 and not many companies are cruelty free and cheap. I have been using it for almost a month and I haven't even used a quarter of this lotion. Huge bottle for not much $$. I was worried the first time I used it because it did kind of leave a white cast but it quickly soaks in and dries nicely. I have issues with lotions. I don't like them leaving me feeling greasy and sometimes it takes forever for these lotions to dry. So then I'm trying to put on clothes with lotion sitting on the top of my skin. This hasn't been a problem since I have been using this lotion. It dries quickly enough. It moisturizes wonderfully. This product has turned putting lotion on from chore to....... well a more tolerable chore. One that I will be less likely to skip thanks to Queene Helene.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the 2 ounce travel size bottle for only $1.08 @ Walmart and this moisturizer lasts me a good few months before needing to repurchase. I use it only on my face, neck, shoulders and chest; anywhere that I've washed with an acne-fighting soap & applied a sensitive skin astringent for deep cleaning followed by a benzoyl peroxide topical cream to (nighttime routine). My face and various parts of my body that I mentioned feel like fire due to this routine that has killed off my oily, greasy acne. It's so bad that I apply this lotion with a cotton ball because even the slightest pressure with my hands makes my skin so raw!! This stuff is super thin & watery making it difficult to dispense the right amount each time leaving wasted product but because this is so cheap I deal with it. It sinks in right away & usually takes a few good coats to actually moisturize even for my super oily skin. But when it does my acne prone areas feel soothed & healed, not thick or heavy at all. This isn't the best if you have super dry skin but the thin consistency is perfect for oily skin. I use this when I actually need soothing from my skin care routine & need something natural that doesn't have any medicine like my Clean and Clear Salicylic Acid face lotion or my Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer that has so much fragrance. Not the best but not the worst. You either love it or hate it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You get what you pay for with this is one. It's dirt cheap and you get a lot of product, but it's a really thin consistency and barely moisturizing. Not a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't terrible, but it's not great. It's dirt cheap, so you're really getting what you pay for. It's especially mediocre. It also has SLS in it; I have no idea why that would be in a leave-on product but it's there. It's good enough if you're broke but if you can afford better you should get a higher quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Christinarhea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love!!! The price is unbeatable at under $2 for a huge bottle. I don't need a lot of moisturizing and this one is very light. It also smells delicious. When I apply it to my damp skin it soaks in almost immediately and doesn't feel at all greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by keriana3

I build furniture for a living and wow are my hands dry. This is the only stuff that works! After three or four days of using this lotion at night, my hands were baby soft even after washing my hands. Olive oil wasn't even moisturizing enough, so this stuff totally amazed me. I got it for $4 at Rite Aid in NYC and the bottle is HUGE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

-Price: At $2.88 for a HUGE bottle it's an amazing value!!!! The product itself is pretty amazing. Leaves skin feeling amazingly fresh and soft. Dont get me wrong, I still love my Palmers, but I will incorporate this into my cocoa butters!!! Love it!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by LeighShuman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the lotion even though the smell is a little "chalky". It still smells good and leaves my skin soft. The more I use it the better my skin feels. I will but again especially since the 32 ounce bottle is only %1.97 at Walmart. The large bottle make it difficult to get out the last little but so a pump bottle would be nice. This lotion is light so it isn't too heavy for summer use. Makes a great bedtime lotion that won't leave sheets to gooey and greasy.