Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, FD&C Yellow 6, FD&C Red 40, D&C Red 33

on 3/18/2015 11:44:00 PM

I don't know what happened to this lotion. It used to be good. I just opened a new bottle, and the product spilled out like water. I opened the cap to look inside and it looks like lotion water. Never buying this again. The inconsistencies of the formula is really irritating me. I know its a thin lotion. The bottle I previously used was thin, but this new one! Nope. its like water. I poured some onto my hand and it was dripping off.

This lotion was very thin and watery as others have mentioned. The bottle is huge and by the time I got half way thru it seemed to smell funny too

on 2/24/2015 11:46:00 PM

Do not like the water-y thin lotion. I love my lotion to be think where I can rub it deep into my arms and legs. I dont hate it if I have to use it I will but the one.I bought a year ago Is still sitting on my dresser hlf empty waitn to be used lol :p

on 2/24/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This lotion is really really cheap, which is a plus. And you get a ton of product for the price. However, the consistency of this lotion is thin and watery. a cocoa butter lotion should be a lot thicker. so this was kind of a no-go for me. Get Palmer's cocoa butter lotion instead, it's super rich and it works like a miracle.

on 1/29/2015 2:09:00 PM

testing will remove

on 12/3/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this all over ecspecially in the summer when a nice coconut smell is a good thing ;-)

on 11/11/2014 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

While this product is cheap, it serves a purpose. I find that it does moisturize my body but the consistency is very thin. At least thinner than expected. To make it a bit more satisfying to apply I add a bit of coconut oil.

As for my face: I use this sparingly. I initially feared that it would cause breakouts, but I've come to enjoy using this as a secondary nightly moisturizer after using my dual action one from Clean&Clear. I wake up the next day with soft skin and I like it.

The bottle is large and I wish it had a pump. But that's that.

on 11/9/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

PROS

- light
- absorbs quickly

CONS

- not rich enough
- scent
- no pump

COMMENTS: I figured I wouldn't care for this, but I got it anyway. You just never know. I don't find this rich enough. It has a very thin consistency, which is both good and bad. The good part is that is absorbs quickly and is light - never greasy or heavy. The bad part is that it's so light, that it provides little moisture. I'll be mixing this with something like coconut oil to add a little extra "oomph" to this until the bottle is gone.

Will not repurchase.

on 10/17/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was so surprised at how well this product performs. In my search for cruelty free products I decided to try this out. I figured it wouldn't hurt since it's $2 and not many companies are cruelty free and cheap. I have been using it for almost a month and I haven't even used a quarter of this lotion. Huge bottle for not much $$. I was worried the first time I used it because it did kind of leave a white cast but it quickly soaks in and dries nicely. I have issues with lotions. I don't like them leaving me feeling greasy and sometimes it takes forever for these lotions to dry. So then I'm trying to put on clothes with lotion sitting on the top of my skin. This hasn't been a problem since I have been using this lotion. It dries quickly enough. It moisturizes wonderfully. This product has turned putting lotion on from chore to....... well a more tolerable chore. One that I will be less likely to skip thanks to Queene Helene.

on 8/7/2014 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got the 2 ounce travel size bottle for only $1.08 @ Walmart and this moisturizer lasts me a good few months before needing to repurchase. I use it only on my face, neck, shoulders and chest; anywhere that I've washed with an acne-fighting soap & applied a sensitive skin astringent for deep cleaning followed by a benzoyl peroxide topical cream to (nighttime routine). My face and various parts of my body that I mentioned feel like fire due to this routine that has killed off my oily, greasy acne. It's so bad that I apply this lotion with a cotton ball because even the slightest pressure with my hands makes my skin so raw!! This stuff is super thin & watery making it difficult to dispense the right amount each time leaving wasted product but because this is so cheap I deal with it. It sinks in right away & usually takes a few good coats to actually moisturize even for my super oily skin. But when it does my acne prone areas feel soothed & healed, not thick or heavy at all. This isn't the best if you have super dry skin but the thin consistency is perfect for oily skin. I use this when I actually need soothing from my skin care routine & need something natural that doesn't have any medicine like my Clean and Clear Salicylic Acid face lotion or my Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer that has so much fragrance. Not the best but not the worst. You either love it or hate it.

Top Rated Queen Helene Products