April 24, 2014 | 1000 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Queen Helene - Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by keriana3

I build furniture for a living and wow are my hands dry. This is the only stuff that works! After three or four days of using this lotion at night, my hands were baby soft even after washing my hands. Olive oil wasn't even moisturizing enough, so this stuff totally amazed me. I got it for $4 at Rite Aid in NYC and the bottle is HUGE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

-Price: At $2.88 for a HUGE bottle it's an amazing value!!!! The product itself is pretty amazing. Leaves skin feeling amazingly fresh and soft. Dont get me wrong, I still love my Palmers, but I will incorporate this into my cocoa butters!!! Love it!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by LeighShuman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the lotion even though the smell is a little "chalky". It still smells good and leaves my skin soft. The more I use it the better my skin feels. I will but again especially since the 32 ounce bottle is only %1.97 at Walmart. The large bottle make it difficult to get out the last little but so a pump bottle would be nice. This lotion is light so it isn't too heavy for summer use. Makes a great bedtime lotion that won't leave sheets to gooey and greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Makeupgeekers

This lotion was not one of my was very fake smelling and it was one of hardest lotions to absorb into my skin and would look like that it has a White cast when I put this on

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with cocoa butter. I love what it does for my skin but I loathe the smell (a minority opinion, I know). Because of the smell, I tend not to use it but after catching a glimpse of my battered legs a few weeks back, I knew I had to get back to basics and picked up a bottle. I chose Queen Helene because it's super cheap ($1.69 at Wal-Mart) and you get a huge amount (32 oz.).

I use this on my body only because I'm fairly certain my face would leap off my skull and head for the hills if I tried to use this as a facial mositurizer. The moisturzing properties are great. I'd say it's comparable to all the fancy, high priced lotions including Kiehl's Creme de Corps but for a fraction of the price. I use cocoa butter for one reason - it heals and clears up discolorations like no other lotion around. When I was a kid, my legs looked awful because I was (still am) clumsy and fell down frequently. As such, I always had scabby knees and bruises. I also had bug bites and scratches which always left brown marks after they healed because my skin is olive/tan. A neighbor finally recommended that my mom use cocoa butter on my legs and they cleared up immediately. When I got older, I stopped using it once my mom stopped forcing me to apply it and luckily, my skin stayed fine for a while. Recently however, ever little knick, bump or scratch I've gotten has decided to take up permanent residence on my skin so I began using this again. It's only been about two weeks and my legs look much, much better.

I recommend buying the Queene Helene brand because it works but also because of the price. There are other cocoa butters on the market (Vaseline, Jergens, etc.) that are not as rich as Queen Helene and really don't do much in the way of healing (at least for me anyway) and are almost four times the price. I'm not sure why essentially the same product is priced so much higher but save your pennies and buy the cheaper version. Yes, the bottle is a bit cumbersome, rather generic looking and there's no pump but you can easily transfer a product that works well into the bottle of your choosing. I dare say that this is an HG product for me. I still don't like the smell much but I can certainly deal with it if it means not having to hide my legs and ashy elbows away from the world again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by sharthesinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this only 2 lippies for packaging because i agree with such a large bottle, a pump is needed. it's difficult to hold the bottle and dispense the lotion after getting some on your hands do to the other leg, or arm, or whatever. other than that, the product smells great, and goes on super smooth and non-greasy. i use it all over my body post-shower and my skin feels good. i agree with another user that it's perhaps not great for repairing dry hands. for my hands i use another product at night before bed. also, to "boost" this lotions' effectiveness, i added some essential oil to the bottle then shook it up. for the price it's an amazing light moisturizer for all over your body.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff. I have sensitive and dry skin and this works. It's thin, smells like coconut and is uber cheap. I find it at Walmart for $2 a bottle. It's non-greasy and rubs in my skin fast. It makes my dry skin feel hydrated and normal. It doesn't feel coated or dirty like some lotions can make my skin feel. It doesn't seem to work on my hands though. I think it's too light. I think it has helped my stretch marks and not getting more during my pregnancy too. It is a bit hard to pour it and I wish it had a pump. I added one to the bottle, the large size of Jergens lotionfhas a pump that fits perfectly. I will keep buying this stuff as long as I can find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Chckenoverlord

Wow, best dollar general buy ever! Being a poor teen, this is very appealing to me at only $3 for a bottle big enough to moisturizer a hippo! I have never had really dry skin, but this makes my feet, legs and arms so soft. I have not tried it in my face or back (I am very acne prone with large pores, and I just got my zits under control so I don't wanna risk it) but so far it's awesome! I have been using this for going on six months, and I just love it. I love the coconutty, gentle smell (my best friend hates it, though) and the fact that it leaves me soft but not heavy or greasy. It is a bit on the runny side, but I prefer that in a lotion, as it is easier to get it all out of the bottle. Another pro is that it absorbs super fast! I have very long, curly 3b hair with natural blonde highlights, but it is prone to turning into a wannabe Afro. In a moment of horror when I ran out of leave in conditioner I slathered this on and BAM! Soft hair! It even seemed to make the blonde in my hair stand out more! This is one of my HG products, for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by CristineF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a travel size version of this because I liked the smell and the texture. I've been using it mainly on my hands so I could have them smelling nice throughout the day and found myself reapplying it quite often as I got addicted to the smell which sadly, lasted for about half an hour. This is really an average product.There's nothing good or bad about it but thanks to this lotion I am now looking for a longer-lasting coconut-smelling hand lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by rockinpolish

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I gave it 3 lippies for packaging because it needs a pump. But you can use a Jergen's Shea Butter pump and it fits perfectly. So I guess that brings it back up to 5! Otherwise, I agree with everybody--great product for the cheapest. Wonderful to mix 2-to-1 with sunless solution for a tan extender--thin but non-sticky and non-stinky.