Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, FD&C Yellow 6, FD&C Red 40, D&C Red 33

I really love this lotion! It is a bit watery, but it absorbs very quickly and keeps my dry skin quenched. I am not a fan of super greasy lotions that never seem to sink in. I personally like the sweet cocoa butter smell, but it doesn't linger very long if that is a concern. This also makes a great non greasy facial moisturizer (the bottle says you can use this on your face), but during the winter months I personally need something heavier.
I use quite a few Queen Helene products because they are both budget friendly and cruelty free!

I wrote a review for the kind in the jar and now I'm re reviewing. This product is horrible it stinks like something other than coco butter and it is extremely drying on my legs n face it drie them out horribly especially my face now I have dry irritated patches from scratching. Plz avoid this if u have sensitive skin or very dry skin it is a cheap product that doesn't do what it claims to. Save your 2.00 and buy something else like keri lotion. And the jar version of this is just as bad it doesn't help wrinkles it is oily and dries out the skin with irritation.

I bought this lotion because it's cruelty free and cheap.
This product is very very VERY watery. I just spilled half the bottle. When it settled there was a clear line where the ingredients would seperate themselves, like oil and water and if i didnt shake it there would always be little chunks just floating around. It feels very strange when you first put it on like trying to use bar soap as a lotion. But once you get past that its very moisturizing and has a light scent. It works well as a facial moisturizer too, I dont think ill be buying this again.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in lotion? When they test ingredients for sensitivity, they do a 24 hour patch test. This fails in that test, but it's the way that it's intended to be used that people unfortunately have misconceptions about (as a cleansing detergent, like in shampoos, or even in some conditions like Lush's, which help the other conditioning ingredients rinse out). In a shampoo, since it's mixed with other ingredients to decrease the chance of sensitivity and you're only leaving it in for a minute, for most people, it shouldn't be a problem. In a leave in product, however, is exactly *not* how it should be used, and what increases the chances of an allergic reaction, or dryness after repeated use. Stay away from this especially if you have any issues like eczema or psoriasis. Cheap, poor quality lotion :/

I am in LOVE with this lotion. You cannot beat the price for the amount of product is in that gigantic bottle! When I went to buy it, I noticed it looked watery in the bottle, but thought maybe it was just a thinner consistency lotion. My best friend recommended it to me and couldn't say enough about it. Back when she first recommended it to me (several months ago) I immediately went out and got some. It was super runny and watery. I immediately asked her if that was normal. She was about out and had to get some not long after I first purchased it. Hers was watery as well. I tried to use it in its watery state... But it was to much of a chore and I gave up. A couple months later she text me saying she had just bought another bottle and it wasn't watery. So again, I went out and bought it. Most amazing, cheap lotion ever, when it's not watery of course! My advice to those thinking about purchasing this is to turn the bottle sideways and if it looks watery to you, pass on it, and keep checking back. That was the first thing I did upon buying for the second time was to check if it was watery.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My skin gets oily super easy and this formula is very slippery/watery, so I was hesitant to use it. It went on very smooth and dried nice without being greasy or heavy. The smell is light and fresh. I went to the beach with my sister and I had applied this to my face and shoulders and I did not get sunburnt at all, meanwhile my sister was quite red. I got this lotion as a gift but I believe it is around $2 for a travel size bottle. This bottle has lasted me a while. I love the packaging and the print on the bottle is very clear and easy to read, while on other bottles you have to hold it close to your face to see it.

I've been using this lotion for over ten years, but the last couple times I've purchased it, it's been awful! So watery! So sorry to say I won't be purchasing this product again!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I had the travel size of this lotion and I loved how moisturizing it was to my hellishly dry skin. It was just thick enough and dried non-greasy. When I saw how cheap the big bottle was I was so excited I nearly had a heart attack. This used to be my favourite lotion.
What happened???? It's soooo watery and runny it's almost impossible to use. It doesn't come in a pump so when you squeeze it out it gets everywhere. Its really thin too unlike the travel version! I don't know why it sucks so much in the huge bottle. I will get more of the travel size, but not of this huge bottle. It's a huge disappointment.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I do not know what happened. I used to like this when I was younger and decided to try it again.
I am not impressed. It was just a basic lotion to me. Nothing special.
The smell was eh... ok, not great.
This is not a bad lotion but not the best either.
Price is ok.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i find that this lotion is very moisturizing and feels nice after you rub it in. it smells good too. but the consistency of it is so thin and runny that i probably won't keep buying it. such a shame because it's so cheap for such a huge amount of product! i also don't really like the packaging; a bottle this big should have a pump. i have to pour this lotion into an empty palmer's pump bottle to use it.

Top Rated Queen Helene Products