September 30, 2014 | 1499 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Queen Helene - Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the 2 ounce travel size bottle for only $1.08 @ Walmart and this moisturizer lasts me a good few months before needing to repurchase. I use it only on my face, neck, shoulders and chest; anywhere that I've washed with an acne-fighting soap & applied a sensitive skin astringent for deep cleaning followed by a benzoyl peroxide topical cream to (nighttime routine). My face and various parts of my body that I mentioned feel like fire due to this routine that has killed off my oily, greasy acne. It's so bad that I apply this lotion with a cotton ball because even the slightest pressure with my hands makes my skin so raw!! This stuff is super thin & watery making it difficult to dispense the right amount each time leaving wasted product but because this is so cheap I deal with it. It sinks in right away & usually takes a few good coats to actually moisturize even for my super oily skin. But when it does my acne prone areas feel soothed & healed, not thick or heavy at all. This isn't the best if you have super dry skin but the thin consistency is perfect for oily skin. I use this when I actually need soothing from my skin care routine & need something natural that doesn't have any medicine like my Clean and Clear Salicylic Acid face lotion or my Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer that has so much fragrance. Not the best but not the worst. You either love it or hate it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You get what you pay for with this is one. It's dirt cheap and you get a lot of product, but it's a really thin consistency and barely moisturizing. Not a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't terrible, but it's not great. It's dirt cheap, so you're really getting what you pay for. It's especially mediocre. It also has SLS in it; I have no idea why that would be in a leave-on product but it's there. It's good enough if you're broke but if you can afford better you should get a higher quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Christinarhea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love!!! The price is unbeatable at under $2 for a huge bottle. I don't need a lot of moisturizing and this one is very light. It also smells delicious. When I apply it to my damp skin it soaks in almost immediately and doesn't feel at all greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by keriana3

I build furniture for a living and wow are my hands dry. This is the only stuff that works! After three or four days of using this lotion at night, my hands were baby soft even after washing my hands. Olive oil wasn't even moisturizing enough, so this stuff totally amazed me. I got it for $4 at Rite Aid in NYC and the bottle is HUGE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

-Price: At $2.88 for a HUGE bottle it's an amazing value!!!! The product itself is pretty amazing. Leaves skin feeling amazingly fresh and soft. Dont get me wrong, I still love my Palmers, but I will incorporate this into my cocoa butters!!! Love it!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by LeighShuman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the lotion even though the smell is a little "chalky". It still smells good and leaves my skin soft. The more I use it the better my skin feels. I will but again especially since the 32 ounce bottle is only %1.97 at Walmart. The large bottle make it difficult to get out the last little but so a pump bottle would be nice. This lotion is light so it isn't too heavy for summer use. Makes a great bedtime lotion that won't leave sheets to gooey and greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Makeupgeekers

This lotion was not one of my was very fake smelling and it was one of hardest lotions to absorb into my skin and would look like that it has a White cast when I put this on

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with cocoa butter. I love what it does for my skin but I loathe the smell (a minority opinion, I know). Because of the smell, I tend not to use it but after catching a glimpse of my battered legs a few weeks back, I knew I had to get back to basics and picked up a bottle. I chose Queen Helene because it's super cheap ($1.69 at Wal-Mart) and you get a huge amount (32 oz.).

I use this on my body only because I'm fairly certain my face would leap off my skull and head for the hills if I tried to use this as a facial mositurizer. The moisturzing properties are great. I'd say it's comparable to all the fancy, high priced lotions including Kiehl's Creme de Corps but for a fraction of the price. I use cocoa butter for one reason - it heals and clears up discolorations like no other lotion around. When I was a kid, my legs looked awful because I was (still am) clumsy and fell down frequently. As such, I always had scabby knees and bruises. I also had bug bites and scratches which always left brown marks after they healed because my skin is olive/tan. A neighbor finally recommended that my mom use cocoa butter on my legs and they cleared up immediately. When I got older, I stopped using it once my mom stopped forcing me to apply it and luckily, my skin stayed fine for a while. Recently however, ever little knick, bump or scratch I've gotten has decided to take up permanent residence on my skin so I began using this again. It's only been about two weeks and my legs look much, much better.

I recommend buying the Queene Helene brand because it works but also because of the price. There are other cocoa butters on the market (Vaseline, Jergens, etc.) that are not as rich as Queen Helene and really don't do much in the way of healing (at least for me anyway) and are almost four times the price. I'm not sure why essentially the same product is priced so much higher but save your pennies and buy the cheaper version. Yes, the bottle is a bit cumbersome, rather generic looking and there's no pump but you can easily transfer a product that works well into the bottle of your choosing. I dare say that this is an HG product for me. I still don't like the smell much but I can certainly deal with it if it means not having to hide my legs and ashy elbows away from the world again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by sharthesinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this only 2 lippies for packaging because i agree with such a large bottle, a pump is needed. it's difficult to hold the bottle and dispense the lotion after getting some on your hands do to the other leg, or arm, or whatever. other than that, the product smells great, and goes on super smooth and non-greasy. i use it all over my body post-shower and my skin feels good. i agree with another user that it's perhaps not great for repairing dry hands. for my hands i use another product at night before bed. also, to "boost" this lotions' effectiveness, i added some essential oil to the bottle then shook it up. for the price it's an amazing light moisturizer for all over your body.