April 24, 2014 | 1367 users online

Conditioner - Biosilk - Silk Therapy Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by yoitscho

This product does nothing. I use it with the Biosilk shampoo, and it can be pretty drying. I expect the conditioner to condition but nope. Nothing. Because I naturally have strong, Asian hair, it doesn't affect me too much, but if you have brittle hair, DO NOT USE IT! Unless you have a really moisturizing shampoo. I do not know much about whether it affects dyed hair or tangled hair because I do not experience neither of those things. Also, the price isn't great. I got it at Tj-maxx, and it was still $16? Not worth it. The only thing I like about the product is that it smells KIND OF nice. I can't really describe it. It has this floral-ish scent, but then again it doesn't... I've tried a whole lot of conditioners, and this is, definitely, not the best.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

Would I buy this product again? No. However, I can say that if you have hair like a little girl- perfect, no damage, no color, doesnt ever get super oily or dry... this shampoo and conditioner would work fine! Unfortunately, us women have hair that is colored, has some heat damage to an extent, we have a big full head of hair that needs a good wash to fit our needs of being dry, oily, color treated, curly hair, damaged hair... The ONLY thing this set does really well- is make my hair smell amazing. I love the smell of this duo, unfortunetly it just doesnt meet my hairs needs and does not give it a good wash and co dition properly. This is sad too because I love some of biosilks other products and I wanted to use the entire line together. Oh well. Maybe they will get the hint and re-structure and re-formulate this shampoo and conditioner duo, until then, I will not be re-buying either of them.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by corifornication

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

NO. JUST. SAY. NO. This stuff leaves a nasty, nasty film on my hair while leaving my ends knotty, ratty, and matted. By the second day I was losing more hair than I think I've ever lost at once, and my ends were defying gravity in a way they have never before. It was unbelievable.
There is no possible way to properly convey just how terrible this made my hair feel, but please, if you value your hair at all, stay as far away as possible from this stuff. The smell isn't even that fantastic. There's literally not a single positive thing I can say about this stuff. Just...just don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Jevnaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing results for my curly, dyed and hi-lighted hair. My hair was parched, fried. This gave me smooth silky locks. My curls look and feel awesome. The smell is incredible. Hubby said he loved the smell. Got it at Walmart for $13+ saw it at JCPenny for $11. Can't stop touching my hair, soft and silky.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by erovero

This is a terrible conditioner. It doesn't condition anything and really didn't help detangle my hair in the slightest.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I will NEVER touch another Biosilk product!!! I used the shampoo and conditioner combo and my hair hated me for it. The shampoo dried my hair out (while in the shower) and tangled it, and applying the conditioner did nothing to help it. It sat on top of my hair and didn't soak in, didn't moisturize, and just felt like crap. I had to apply my HG (Nexxus Humectress old formula) just to get my hair manageable again. Terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by marlenelove

Terrible terrible terrible. Dried my hair out like crazy! If you have color treated hair and it is dry, be careful using this!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Roowsiejj

absolutely hated this.. made my hair feel like straw! while the shampoo is great, made my hair soft, this is absolutely a waste of money! isnt even worth of a long review.. just terrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Well the pic displayed here is a wrong one for this name... I bought the one " Biosilk Silk therapy Conditioner " just like this title says... not the ' Thickening one ' showed here ...

Bought it for around $10 - $ 12 ... don't remember exactly... It conditions, softens and leaves my hair shiny... It's Worth the money . And it's got some serious stuff in it like the Silk Amino - acids , Hair Keratins and so many herbal oils ...( but it does not smell herbally )

I see not many people here in makeup alley , seem to like it ... But u really need to leave it on for 3-5 mins just like the bottle says... After applying I put my shower cap on and shave my legs or something... Your hair will be Silky and Tangle - free and It 'll Smell awesome !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jw111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well I'm glad I tried this again out of my closet of 100 shampoos and condit's. Have used Volumax condit for a long time after testing so many. Still figure it's a good one. But wanted some change for a more interesting shower the other day just for a chnage. Have been using the commercial coconut shampoo that's out first which had goo shine in it but I think they took it out so it's extra cleansing but gets my hair clean and shiny and I like the scent, not to strippy. Sooo the volumax has been great like I said but with all conditioners I always look for what makes the least frizz, the most shine, does it frizz by morning after sleeping on it, does it hold the curl till morn, does humidity frizz after, my hair is extremely long and goes through a lot. How did this work? First time thought was flattening (the shampoo) but never greasy (more like real fine). How do I use it? ONLY AT THE ENDS. Yes it seems thicker but it does all the things I want done. When combing through, which is great wet, a tiny goes up the shaft from the comb, NOW the ends have NO frizz while wet, dries the same, has curl in the morn and is smooth. Smell isn't a problem and is fine with me, glad I dug this out. Goes great with ORGANICS Coconut milk shampoo. I have the Biosilk shampoo which is smoothing and shining but too fine/flat for me. Not yucky at all but if you have thicker hair or want your hair finer or flatter then it'd work for you. My combo isn't too staticy either. Came on line to buy more of this after all this time. The thickerness in the shower I think for some does rinse fine for me and protects perfectly for blow drying. Planing on doing a roller set w/bonnet dryer soon for photos and can't wait to see the shine I know it will make because using at home air dried is way super shiny (this is with the coconut milk shampoo). Wouldn't change a thing, hope they don't change it. Think it may have beat Vol Max because comb through when wet leaves no frizz which tells me it's ruining my natural hair. time will tell if it gets yucky after time but I think I can tell right now how it will be as ok. Try it on the ends!!!