April 21, 2014 | 1422 users online

Shampoo - Biosilk - Silk therapy shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Grayson13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I think this is a nice product. It does not leave my hair dry or feeling tangled. Although it doesn't leave it silky soft, it is a bit softer than usual. It seems to also add some volume to my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Tegugirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product as a 3 pack (Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave-in) at Sam's Club. My daughter has always had very fine, dry hair that is constantly getting tangled. We've tried Moroccan oil, Nexxus, Paul Mitchell, and several others. This has been the only one to leave her hair smooth enough to get a fine toothed comb through it without hurting her. It was definitely on the expensive side, but her hair doesn't need much. We will definitely be buying this again for her. One the flip side, I tried I on my hair (which is thick, color treated, and long) and didn't get the same effect. I would not buy the shampoo for myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

Would I buy this product again? No. However, I can say that if you have hair like a little girl- perfect, no damage, no color, doesnt ever get super oily or dry... this shampoo and conditioner would work fine! Unfortunately, us women have hair that is colored, has some heat damage to an extent, we have a big full head of hair that needs a good wash to fit our needs of being dry, oily, color treated, curly hair, damaged hair... The ONLY thing this set does really well- is make my hair smell amazing. I love the smell of this duo, unfortunetly it just doesnt meet my hairs needs and does not give it a good wash and co dition properly. This is sad too because I love some of biosilks other products and I wanted to use the entire line together. Oh well. Maybe they will get the hint and re-structure and re-formulate this shampoo and conditioner duo, until then, I will not be re-buying either of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot believe all the bad reviews!! This is my HG shampoo!! It lathers amazingly well, it cleans without overdrying, it leaves no build up whatsoever, and my hair loves the silk ingredient in it. It's all I need from a shampoo! Ironically though, I absolutely hated the matching conditioner (my hair hates protein, and the conditioner has lots).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by erovero

This shampoo did nothing for me. I have very oily hair/scalp and this did not help the problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sieemi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible shampoo. What the other negative reviews say is completely true. I used this product because I had used the serum before and liked that so thought the shampoo would be ok. Big mistake! I typically use pureology and aveda shampoo and my hair is normally healthy, shiney and has hardly any split ends. 1 month of this shampoo and my hair is destroyed: dry, brittle and I've never had more split ends in my life. Wish I had realized earlier what it was doing to my hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I will NEVER touch another Biosilk product!!! I used the shampoo and conditioner combo and my hair hated me for it. After using the shampoo, my hair felt dry and tangled - it was a MESS, and that was while I was in the shower. Applying the conditioner did little to help in comparison to my Nexxus Humectress (old formula), as well. This shampoo is awful. The scent isn't that great, it does nothing but dry out my hair, and I'd rather throw it away than ever use it again, even if I paid for the product. God awful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Where do I start? I purchased a set of the silk therapy shampoo, the conditioner and the "serum" silk therapy. I had used the serum stuff some years ago. Way back. It was pretty decent back then so I figured "what the heck"? What a dumb mistake on my part. I should have been wary because the three-product set was so inexpensive.
After I shampooed my hair, it felt kind of dry--and my hair was wet! I put the conditioner in and it did nothing. When I started to style my hair, the serum also left my hair dry. Three products = straw hair. How ironic is that? The name of this stuff should be Straw Therapy.
I asked my daughter if she wanted it because her hair is in much better shape than mine. She laughed and said now way would she use it. In the garbage it went!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can easily say that this is the worst shampoo I have ever put on my hair. There are no words really. The texture was horrible. It didn't smell good and it did not "clean" my hair, it spun my strands into brittle straw actually. Horrid to say the least. I cannot believe someone is selling this and calling it shampoo, it almost seemed like a joke was being played on me. DO NOT BUY.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by sassynurse05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am 5'10 and have hair that is about an inch from my waistband of my jeans. It is naturally a bit wavy, tends to be dry on the ends and embarrassingly oily at the scalp. I have bangs that are side swept and wear the length straight. When I am at work, I have to have my hair up and generally wear it in a bun or french roll with a clip of some sort. I struggle with static. This shampoo/conditioner/serum has cured all my hair woes. I can actually go a day without shampooing my hair and face the public without a hat! I can put a stocking cap on to walk the dog, take the hat off and not look like a science project about electricity. My hair is easy to brush, I can even use my fancy boar bristle paddle brush without looking like the bride of Frankenstein. I have eczema in my scalp, this has halted the "dandruff" that creates. I use a tourmaline wet to dry hair straightener or a tourmaline hairdryer to style my hair and no longer fight with tangles and limp hair. I work as a nurse, and have to be careful about scents and often get told that my hair smells good, and have had no complaints of the product's fragrance. I happen to enjoy the "clean" smell it has. Highly recommend this product. A local store carries the packages of 12 oz shampoo/conditioner/serum packs for 25 bucks. I seek out the 30% of coupons that they run to "stock up" on this product. Barely need to use any of the product to clean my hair, a 12 oz container lasts a long time for me. The shampoo does get a bit difficult to get out of the bottom of the bottle as you near the "emptier" stage. I am sooo happy that a patient of mine suggested this product to me. I am hooked.