Biosilk Silk therapy shampoo

2.5

on 3/3/2015 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am really surprised to see so many negative reviews. I absolutely love this shampoo and conditioner. My hair is extremely soft and the silky scent doesn't go away until the next wash (I wash my hair every 2-3 days).
This shampoo has helped me out after major color changes and I will definitely keep on buying this series.
Also a tip - you can often find it in stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls for half price. Usually it's around $30-$35/bottle and in those two stores they have it for $15-$20/bottle.

on 3/1/2015 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This made my hair feel like it was going to crack off. My hair is not dyed and is blonde, very long & curly so it gets incredibly dry. I bought this because of how great the serum is but this was a huge letdown.

on 6/27/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I tried this shampoo but it left my hair and scalp very oily and greasy. I have long hair so this was very frustrating. Only shampoo that I have used in my life that has created such a mess to my hair.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I decided to give this a try because I have used the Silk Therapy serum for years. It's nothing like the serum, but did leave my hair softer and shinier than regular shampoos I've used in the past. It's not worth the price tag, and if you have oily hair to begin with this shampoo probably isn't for you as it will most likely weigh your hair down more. The smell is nice, much like the serum. I did have to watch the amount of any product I added to my hair; I added less smoothing cream/hairspray, etc. than I normally would because I noticed it would buildup quicker when using this shampoo. Definitely give this a shot if you suffer from extremely dry or damaged hair! Otherwise, this product will probably disappoint you!

on 5/18/2014 11:54:00 PM

I don't know why the rating is so low. . It is by far the best shampoo I have ever used ! Not too oily like other counterparts but moisturizing enough to make my hair smooth and clean! Highly recommend this to all the people with oily skull skin and dry ends

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This shampoo is extremely stripping. I did not like how my hair felt whole washing. I also purchased the conditioner with the shampoo. The conditioner is better but also leaves hair dry. I had to use another conditioner to make my hair feel normal after using these products.

on 12/26/2013 8:41:00 PM

I think this is a nice product. It does not leave my hair dry or feeling tangled. Although it doesn't leave it silky soft, it is a bit softer than usual. It seems to also add some volume to my hair.

on 5/20/2013 9:35:00 AM

I bought this product as a 3 pack (Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave-in) at Sam's Club. My daughter has always had very fine, dry hair that is constantly getting tangled. We've tried Moroccan oil, Nexxus, Paul Mitchell, and several others. This has been the only one to leave her hair smooth enough to get a fine toothed comb through it without hurting her. It was definitely on the expensive side, but her hair doesn't need much. We will definitely be buying this again for her. One the flip side, I tried I on my hair (which is thick, color treated, and long) and didn't get the same effect. I would not buy the shampoo for myself.

on 4/21/2013 11:16:00 PM

Would I buy this product again? No. However, I can say that if you have hair like a little girl- perfect, no damage, no color, doesnt ever get super oily or dry... this shampoo and conditioner would work fine! Unfortunately, us women have hair that is colored, has some heat damage to an extent, we have a big full head of hair that needs a good wash to fit our needs of being dry, oily, color treated, curly hair, damaged hair... The ONLY thing this set does really well- is make my hair smell amazing. I love the smell of this duo, unfortunetly it just doesnt meet my hairs needs and does not give it a good wash and co dition properly. This is sad too because I love some of biosilks other products and I wanted to use the entire line together. Oh well. Maybe they will get the hint and re-structure and re-formulate this shampoo and conditioner duo, until then, I will not be re-buying either of them.

on 12/1/2012 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot believe all the bad reviews!! This is my HG shampoo!! It lathers amazingly well, it cleans without overdrying, it leaves no build up whatsoever, and my hair loves the silk ingredient in it. It's all I need from a shampoo! Ironically though, I absolutely hated the matching conditioner (my hair hates protein, and the conditioner has lots).

Popular Shampoos