MAC Abstract

on 4/11/2009 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Abstract is a MAC lipstick that was discontinued a while ago, and when I went through my purple/lavendar eyeshadow phase, I was determined to find something to complete the look .. thus the hunt for Abstract began. I managed to track one down on ebay, and it was worth the chase. Abstract is if anything, incredibly unique. It's a frost finish, but I can't detect much frost. it's a greyed lavendar, which sounds odd .. but is surprisingly pretty on. I use a light hand with this, otherwise I'd look like a corpse, but used lightly and when worn with a smokey purple or charcoal eye, it looks really pretty. I haven't pulled this out a lot, but when I do, it always add just the right finishing touch to my face.

I'm usually not a big fan of light colored lipsticks, but I love Abstract. It's a stunning and unique color. It looks like a light grayish purple in the tube, but on the lips, it's a pretty pinkish lavender. It sucks that MAC discontinued it. I bought mine from Strawberrynet, but I think they don't have it anymore. I would buy it again if I could find it.

on 9/5/2006 10:14:00 PM

why why why??? did they discontinue this color...it was THE best...too, bad ;(
it was the best lavender/pinkish color...loved it.

on 5/18/2003 4:42:00 PM

I love this lipstick. This is the best nude lipstick. It has a slightly purple-mauvish tone to it, but when you put it on it looks gorgeous. I always top it off with gloss (usually Bonne Bell liplites in Vanilla Swirl) and many people always ask what lipstick I am wearing. This is the perfect color for the smokey eye look---very pretty but NOT overpowering!

Popular Lipsticks