April 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Highlighters - Bare Escentuals - Clear Radiance

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Kkrstdew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it. It gives your skin a clear sheen. Makes your skin look better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

I really don't understand why Bare Escentuals never used the "lock" on all of its products from the very beginning. I hate having to open the pot and LOADS of products spill over from it tipping upside down in my purse. I'm always on-the-go so I wish my products could work with my active lifestyle. Nonetheless, this product did absolutely nothing for me. I probably would have done better with Rose Radiance as an all-over-the-face-colour but using the foundation and some kind of blush works just fine for me. I could definitely skip this step but I thought it could give me an overall glow. This one just put shimmer on my face and did nothing else. I definitely will not repurchase because it just made my face sparkle.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been waiting so long to write my review on this product because I thought I would use the entire product and I never have. I bought it as a highlighter as it is supposed to be and it just didn't do what it promised. I could not even seen the "glow" when applied lightly all over my skin so I decided to use a little more heavily it as a blush. Unfortunately, it does not give me enough color as a blush either It looks too pale pink and washed out (I prefer the love or rose radiance as a blush). I then decided I would use it as a neck/chest highlighter for a sun-kissed look but I prefer gold gossamer for that so I still have not used even half of it. I guess it will just keep sitting in my makeup bag unless one of my family members wants it. I will definitely not repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The beauty blogger Jolie raved about this stuff, so I caved. (Luckily I found a mini-jar cheap on eBay.)

I know this is supposed to provide a subtle glow, but on me (medium w/ pink undertones) it's so subtle as to be non-existent. It simply doesn't show. I've tried applying it with a heaver hand, but it doesn't work on me.

I've gotten much better results with TheBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer and Benefit's High Beam.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite products ever. I must always have this on hand. When I wear it people tell my my skin glows. I also really like MAC SkinFinish, but this is less shiny, it just gives my skin a translucent glow and minimizes my pours like you can't believe. It makes my skin look flawless. I LOVE IT! Try looking for it on Ebay or ask for a sample at Sephora

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a fan. It was expensive, but when I look at it in the story it had a shimmery effect to it. It looked so pretty in the jar. Putting it on is another story. I brushed some over my cheeks so my whole face wouldn't look too shiny. However, I noticed nothing at all! No shimmer whatsoever. It was a waste of money. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Allyxx

I think this is a very subtle highlighter suitable for fair/light skinned people. When i put it on over the top of my cheekbones..it slightly tones down the blush and only lightly emphasizes the cheekbones. Its great if you dont like a very obvious highlight. I would say its one of those powders that looks the most natural. I like it but it is something that i only wear during the day when i have class or work. But for night, i like something like MAC pearl and hush cream colour bases. Those ones pick up a bit better in photographs. But overall...clear radiance is a great product and I would purchase again if i did run out. Lasts a long time on the skin and only a small amount is required to do the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by nadinejolie

This is one of my holy grail products - it's a shimmery all-over face powder used to highlight the skin, and it's the last thing I put on before walking out the door at night. It's the makeup equivalent of smearing Vaseline on the lens in classic Hollywood 40's films; it just makes your skin look PERFECT. It's not greasy or glittery, simply gives your complexion a gorgeous radiance and very subtle shimmer. Love, love, LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by helplessskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so this stuff is wonderful for my skin tone and complexion.
I absolutely love it!
Of course Bare Escentuals products are never "cheap" in price, but they do last a long time. The packaging as we all know is a bit messy and you must be careful so it doesn't spill everywhere. With that said, I can live with those little downfalls. This stuff brightens my skin and adds a little highlighting to places where I most need it. I like to apply it to my upper cheek bones as well as under my eyes. ( lightly) I also use it on my neck, and chest. It gives my skin a smooth look without a lot of color. It gives off a very light pink/opaque shimmer. The shimmer is very faint but it is enough to make my skin look radiant and well hydrated. I use it after I apply my foundation. I then follow with the Feather Light Mineral Veil . I will continue to buy this. I hope BE never discontinues this item!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a sucker for products that promise me a youthful glow, and I have a drawer full of misfires to prove it. But this is the one that I go back to again and again -- I have repurchased this one more than I can count! I am very pale and cool-toned, and I like bright-but-not-clownish blush. So, after I put on my blush, I brush a little of this over my cheeks and across the bridge of my nose. It softens the blush a bit, gives me a nice glow (with tiny sparkles, but not chunky glitter), and makes me look like I just got the faintest hint of color from being out in the sun. Last year, I had surgery to remove a spot on my cheek, and it left a two-inch scar -- and I thought that this product would no longer work, because I feared it would highlight the scar. But the exact opposite is true: this diffuses the scar's appearance and helps it to blend in with the rest of my skin. So this one is staying at the front of my makeup kit, and I will never be without a replacement!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No