November 23, 2014 | 2197 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Wild Plumeria

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by 9154mf

daybreaking's review below is pretty much spot on the money. It's a very sweet scent. Almost too sweet for anyone over 25 I think (im 27 he he). I love sweet scents, and this is like sugared grapes, some would say it's a very "teeny" smell. Nice but not very sophisticated, but with great lasting power for a Cologne (and much better staying power than Wild Roseberries which I also have.)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by daybreaking

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This, like several other Coty scents I've tried, starts out with whatever that overly-strong twinge is that belts out 'drugstore fragrance aimed at young teens'. At first, it smells like something that I'd expect to come in a bright purple bottle with a Barbie on the label - roses, grape juice, lavendar and sugar.

Wild Plumeria instead comes in a clear, beveled glass cylinder with a plastic cap, (the same bottle as several other Coty sprays, with different cap colors), with a pale purple liquid inside. Without the cap, however, it blends in well on the vanity. Also, when empty, you can use pliers to twist off the spray nozzle and then recycle the bottle as a bud vase or incense holder.

After about fifteen minutes, it dries down to a warm-sweet plum and violet scent, more reminiscent of what I imagine a plum herbal tea or potpourri sachet would smell like. I also found it be surprisingly long-lasting, and can still smell it on my wrist after more than six hours. I'd recommend applying it sparingly the first time, as in my experience it's stronger and is more tenacious than the price and brand would have you believe.

It's not a scent that I usually associate with perfume, but it's neither unpleasant, nor offensive. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for something to give a younger teen, or looking for something for office or afternoon wear that is different but not flirty. It's more floral posy than high-heels.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2004 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Connie4580

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this and all of the "Wild" line by Coty. Great, cheap, although fleeting scent. I use these for around the house and before bed. I'll always keep them in the bath for a quick spritz.
Enjoy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2004 9:27:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I spent a long day outdoors today and I felt yucky having to sit in my car to drove home for an hour and a half. I had this impulse buy in my car from my gym bag. Spritzed this on and felt fresher, so I will keep this cheapie in my car to perk me up on a hot summer day. I detect powdery vanilla, and flowers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wouldn't buy this again just because I much prefer the Wild Roseberry and Orange Blossom. But this is a pretty femijnine slightly unusual floral scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2003 9:13:00 AM More reviews by sherri35

After looking for Wild Orange Blossom and finding it sold out everywhere I went, I tried the Plumeria and I love it. It settles into a really pretty soft scent. It's got plumeria,freesia,and ylang ylang (what is ylang ylang anyway?). Anyway its smells nicer then I thought it would.