April 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - BeneFit Cosmetics - You Rebel

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Amynichol14

Everyone says this is a bad product honestly I think it's really good yes it does have room to improve but it's really good I have just read a review on this product and she said its orange I bought it in dark and it no we're near orange it's great for every skin type I have combination skin and it's excellent the only thing is you need quite a bit to work with as it doesn't go all around your face we'll,also it's not oily or greasy so I think yous should purchase this it's quite expensive for the bad points but it's great being honest it's not the best but it is great for the price x

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by DrMim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UGH! I bought this on the way to Melbourne from the Auckland duty free stand as I had heard Benefit cosmetics were the bomb. HUGE waste of money. This is the worst tinted moisturiser I have ever used and it was a huge disappointment given the cost of the product.

First of all - its ORANGE. I asked for the light and the woman behind the Benefit counter insisted I was medium. And I mean insist, as in wouldn't give me the light tube from under the counter. So I bought it, used it in Melbourne and spent 20 minutes a day trying to blend the lines on my neck. Secondly its incredibly greasy. I don't like an oily looking face and even with powder this looks oily.

I used it about 5 more times, so maybe 10 days in total and it has not improved at all. In fact I am so ticked off at how expensive it is and how poor quality it is that I am going to email Benefit for a refund or exchange. Don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

I quite like this tinted moisturiser but can see that it's only appropriate for certain people.

1. The coverage is minimal - it definitely gives you a tint and does even out skin tone a bit, but won't cover any problem areas or spots. But I guess that's the same for all tinted moisturisers.

2. It's quite orange. I can only wear this when I already have a good tan - then it enhances my tan and gives me a lovely glow. But when I haven't been out in the sun for a while it leaves tidelines and looks awful - so if you have pale skin, or it's winter don't use this!

3. It's quite greasy. If you like to 'glow' and don't mind being a little bit shiny then this is fine. I have quite dry skin and don't have a problem with spots so this is fine to me and I actually like having a little bit of shine as it's more natural and makes it look like you aren't wearing any makeup. But if you have oily skin then avoid this!

4. Staying power isn't great. I agree with what people say about it sliding off your face. I haven't found it to be quite that bad, but if you touch your face with your hands or clothing it rubs off easily. But I usually wear bronzer/ powder on top and this helps to set it a bit.

So if you are tanned, like a bit of shine and 'glow' and aren't looking for amazing coverage then this is great! But if you are pale, or have oily skin then avoid!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Mrslefondre

Awful. Orange tan colour, not natural at all.Slides off face, leaves face feeling more oily and greasy. After about a week of use developed LOADS of pimples and boils on face. I really don't think any of the benefit products live up to the hype! I always WANT to like them but I'm always disappointed once I've tried them.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by chairmanmiao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Back when I used to wear foundations every day for work or going out I thought I'd try out this benefit product.I chose it because it was meant to be a tinted moisturizer and as I was purchasing a moisturizer and foundation I figured I could save money. I had read reviews about how tinted moisturizer was better for the skin because t was lighter than a foundation and allowed the skin to breathe whereas a foundation would clog pores.

This product at the time only came in one shade which was an orange brown and my skin at the time was very light yellow so the colour made my face skin orange brown next to my neck which was yellow and it wasn't a good look.for some reason despite the clash of colours I still continued using this product.the texture was actually very heavy like theatrical make up and it didn't leave the skin feeling soft and smooth.it was also kinda greasy and left an oily film on the skin.after a while of continuous use and despite the fact that I didn't have any complaints about the products I was using previously so I don't even know why I bought this money when I was earning low wages, I started getting some enormous boil type spots on my chin and nowhere else on my face where I was using it.I know sometimes these type of spots are being caused when a hair is extracted with the root and new skin is formed between the time of the hair removal and the growth of the new hair so the hair becomes trapped as an ingrown hair and is having difficulty forcing its way through the newly sealed skin.I don't know if this is what happened because I wasn't removing any of my facial hair.at the time I figured that the benefit rebel was responsible so I discontinued using the product.it would be nice if the UK cosmetic industry could produce cosmetics for people who has white or very pale yellow skin tones as every foundation tinted moisturizer I have ever used has been a peach color.when I went to the cosmetic counter in the jopins department store in sunderland I asked the sales assistant which foundation would be best for me and she tried some swatches on my face and she said we have nothing for you your skin is actually very yellow and everything we have is orange browns peach beige and too dark for your skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Orlakindlon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this tinted moisturiser. I have it a very long time and still have some left. I wear it everyday for school. My school has a no makeup rule and it gives me a natural look. Its a light coverage tinted moisturiser and I have to wear concealer under my eyes just to get rid of darkness because it is sheer. It gives my skin a glow and have gotten so many compliments wearing it saying it doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup. It's gorgeous on a more tanned skin tone because it is slightly darker but I LOVE this product and would defiantly buy it again. It is a staple in my collection

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by klz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my 1st bad review!! You Rebel is greasy slides off the skin. It looks streaky and the color is awful. I looked orange. Tried it in the light color then I looked yellow.
Please ladies dont waste your time with this. So many better tinted moisturizers out there, try Laura Mercier, Clinique or even Neutrogena!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Tat7386

I recently purchased this tinted moisturizer after viewing it at Ulta. I used to wear the smashbox tinted moisturizer but it wasn't matching my color and I was tired of lightening it with another moisturizer anyway, I really like you Rebel..it works well with my skintone and after reading reviews about it making people orange and yellow I was a bit worried. It doesn't do that to my skin at all! I usually just spritz some toner on in the morning, put some concealer under my eyes and put this moisturizer on...It doesn't have as much coverage as a foundation (obviously) but I like the coverage it gives me and I add a bit of blush on top and I'm good to go. Love love love this tinted moisturizer! only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the tube...wish it was made of a different material and a pump would be nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Dentalmental

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just love benefit packaging! Super cute!!

I got attracted to the 'you rebel' by the fact it's a tinted moisturiser, that has SPF and evens out skin tone.

With my job that I'm in I don't really have time to mess around blending foundation all that stuff so this works really well for me as it blends beautifully.
Ladies don't be out off by how dark the colour is! I have pale skin and this blends in looking natural, it gives a beautiful radiant lift.

I wouldn't say the 'you rebel' gives coverage. Any blemishes or dark circles will need some concealer.

Summary: if you want simple, quick, natural 'foundation moisturiser'... This is for you!

How I prepare my skin: after wearing it all day, I like to wash my face at night with a cleanser, I then use a toner and moisturise. In the morning my skin is then beautifully prepared for easy application of the tinted moisturiser!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by condracek4337

I love this product. One of the best tinted moisturizers i have ever tried. I hate foundation, nor do i need it. So when i want to look good or if I am going on a date ;), I love to do a thin layer of this, it just evens out my skintone and gives me a subtle color. Very moisturizing and leaves you looking dewy. Very natural. Pair this with Benetint and you look amazingly fresh and natural :)