BeneFit Cosmetics You Rebel

2.9

on 4/19/2015 12:19:00 PM

I wasn't crazy about this stuff. The packaging was annoying. The coverage was ok but the color was off.

on 1/16/2015 1:33:00 PM

I completely loved this stuff and am so sad it's been discontinued! Haven't been able to find anything that matches it yet. It was a great color. I tan and it matched perfectly and smoothed over lines and even out age spots. It gave a nice glow too. After wearing all day, there would still be a decent amount to wash off (I rarely reapply).

I use Retin A and a lot of makeup tends to flake on me and this did not.

The packaging was horrible. The metal crinkled up and it was hard to extract a lot towards the end of the tube. Putting in plastic would have a been a lot better.

on 1/14/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love this! It does a great job! If you don't really need much coverage, you can use this as a foundation. It evens out your skin color and feels light and good. You can also use it to contour your face if you use foundation! I don't love the packaging though, it is a bit tricky to use when its nearly empty.

on 6/17/2014 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pros: The tinted moisturizer has just enough coverage. It is very easy to apply, I just squeeze some product onto my fingers and apply it all over my face. I usually wear it underneath my foundation because it is a SPF.

Cons: I had rolled the end of the tube just like a toothpaste and the products started to spill all over the place. So now I wait til its almost gone to roll it.

Would I buy it again: I see myself definitely buying another You Rebel. The pros outweigh the cons. I have a darker tan skin complexion during the summer so this type of product works well if you tan easily.

on 1/17/2014 2:57:00 PM

Everyone says this is a bad product honestly I think it's really good yes it does have room to improve but it's really good I have just read a review on this product and she said its orange I bought it in dark and it no we're near orange it's great for every skin type I have combination skin and it's excellent the only thing is you need quite a bit to work with as it doesn't go all around your face we'll,also it's not oily or greasy so I think yous should purchase this it's quite expensive for the bad points but it's great being honest it's not the best but it is great for the price x

on 10/7/2013 5:40:00 PM

UGH! I bought this on the way to Melbourne from the Auckland duty free stand as I had heard Benefit cosmetics were the bomb. HUGE waste of money. This is the worst tinted moisturiser I have ever used and it was a huge disappointment given the cost of the product.

First of all - its ORANGE. I asked for the light and the woman behind the Benefit counter insisted I was medium. And I mean insist, as in wouldn't give me the light tube from under the counter. So I bought it, used it in Melbourne and spent 20 minutes a day trying to blend the lines on my neck. Secondly its incredibly greasy. I don't like an oily looking face and even with powder this looks oily.

I used it about 5 more times, so maybe 10 days in total and it has not improved at all. In fact I am so ticked off at how expensive it is and how poor quality it is that I am going to email Benefit for a refund or exchange. Don't waste your money.

on 8/12/2013 8:30:00 AM

I quite like this tinted moisturiser but can see that it's only appropriate for certain people.

1. The coverage is minimal - it definitely gives you a tint and does even out skin tone a bit, but won't cover any problem areas or spots. But I guess that's the same for all tinted moisturisers.

2. It's quite orange. I can only wear this when I already have a good tan - then it enhances my tan and gives me a lovely glow. But when I haven't been out in the sun for a while it leaves tidelines and looks awful - so if you have pale skin, or it's winter don't use this!

3. It's quite greasy. If you like to 'glow' and don't mind being a little bit shiny then this is fine. I have quite dry skin and don't have a problem with spots so this is fine to me and I actually like having a little bit of shine as it's more natural and makes it look like you aren't wearing any makeup. But if you have oily skin then avoid this!

4. Staying power isn't great. I agree with what people say about it sliding off your face. I haven't found it to be quite that bad, but if you touch your face with your hands or clothing it rubs off easily. But I usually wear bronzer/ powder on top and this helps to set it a bit.

So if you are tanned, like a bit of shine and 'glow' and aren't looking for amazing coverage then this is great! But if you are pale, or have oily skin then avoid!

on 8/9/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awful. Orange tan colour, not natural at all.Slides off face, leaves face feeling more oily and greasy. After about a week of use developed LOADS of pimples and boils on face. I really don't think any of the benefit products live up to the hype! I always WANT to like them but I'm always disappointed once I've tried them.

on 6/14/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Back when I used to wear foundations every day for work or going out I thought I'd try out this benefit product.I chose it because it was meant to be a tinted moisturizer and as I was purchasing a moisturizer and foundation I figured I could save money. I had read reviews about how tinted moisturizer was better for the skin because t was lighter than a foundation and allowed the skin to breathe whereas a foundation would clog pores.

This product at the time only came in one shade which was an orange brown and my skin at the time was very light yellow so the colour made my face skin orange brown next to my neck which was yellow and it wasn't a good look.for some reason despite the clash of colours I still continued using this product.the texture was actually very heavy like theatrical make up and it didn't leave the skin feeling soft and smooth.it was also kinda greasy and left an oily film on the skin.after a while of continuous use and despite the fact that I didn't have any complaints about the products I was using previously so I don't even know why I bought this money when I was earning low wages, I started getting some enormous boil type spots on my chin and nowhere else on my face where I was using it.I know sometimes these type of spots are being caused when a hair is extracted with the root and new skin is formed between the time of the hair removal and the growth of the new hair so the hair becomes trapped as an ingrown hair and is having difficulty forcing its way through the newly sealed skin.I don't know if this is what happened because I wasn't removing any of my facial hair.at the time I figured that the benefit rebel was responsible so I discontinued using the product.it would be nice if the UK cosmetic industry could produce cosmetics for people who has white or very pale yellow skin tones as every foundation tinted moisturizer I have ever used has been a peach color.when I went to the cosmetic counter in the jopins department store in sunderland I asked the sales assistant which foundation would be best for me and she tried some swatches on my face and she said we have nothing for you your skin is actually very yellow and everything we have is orange browns peach beige and too dark for your skin tone.

on 6/7/2013 6:10:00 PM

I love this tinted moisturiser. I have it a very long time and still have some left. I wear it everyday for school. My school has a no makeup rule and it gives me a natural look. Its a light coverage tinted moisturiser and I have to wear concealer under my eyes just to get rid of darkness because it is sheer. It gives my skin a glow and have gotten so many compliments wearing it saying it doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup. It's gorgeous on a more tanned skin tone because it is slightly darker but I LOVE this product and would defiantly buy it again. It is a staple in my collection

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products