October 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Conditioner - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Aloe Vera 84% Conditioner - Hair Nourishing Formula

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know what you crazy people are talking about, this stuff smells amazing! Haha it smells exactly like the bamboo scent at Bath & Body Works but without all the nasty chemicals and animal testing!
I have very long, very fine, frizzy wavy hair that is prone to dryness and breakage. I have only recently started using this product but I really like it so far. I also use a leave-in conditioner though and I think without that my hair would be too tangly with just this conditioner. However, for the price and cruelty-free all natural ingredients, it is definitely worth it to me! Not a miracle product but the aloe vera feels great in my hair. Not sure if I will buy this exact conditioner again but I will probably try another Jason conditioner just to see what else is out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by meganhowdy

great everyday conditioner. I made my boyfriend try this and the shampoo and he actually uses it on his own now!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i saw this in the UK healthshop and it was out new. i been using natural shampoos and as they dry out the hair whilst washing i needed a moisturising conditioner.
this smelt lovely when i opened it. smelt like natural aloe vera...none of the perfumey stuff. its rich and made my hair smooth. i have thick wavy hair...and this was perfect my hair looked hydrated like its just drank water...which is hardly ever. its an excellent condition for a natural brand as they can sometimes not be as conditioning. will defo buy this again! i think the price is great for such a big bottle too! lasts ages!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by witchymissy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have kinky curly hair that falls in the "3C" category although I have some 3B curls and 4A curls. My individual hair strands are fine but my hair, as a whole, is very dense. My hair natural, no chemical treatments including coloring and no heat damage. My hair is medium porosity and is prone to dryness and tangles.

This conditioner is probably my favourite conditioner. I used to use JASON apricot shine conditioner until I found this.

I use it as a rinse out conditioner when co-washing and I also use it sparingly as a leave-in from time to time. I also add it my deep treatment concoctions.

It moisturizes my hair and makes it easier to detangle. It doesn't weigh my hair down or coat it. It doesn't do much for curl definition but it does calm down my frizz.

Personally, I really like the smell and I don't mind the packaging. It's definitely a re-buy for me; it's one of my staple hair products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

BWAAAAHH! I LOVE THIS STUFF!!
*cough*
...Anyway, on to the review.
Price: Jason prices their products so modestly to the point where it's basically a steal. 7-8 bucks for some of the highest quality natural stuff on the market is a godsend.
Packaging: JASON STOP MAKING YOUR BOTTLES SO BALLS DIFFICULT TO HANDLE. I mean, the bottles look nice and are a decent size, but you know this conditioner, and a handful of other ones you make, are thicker than the thickest pudding. At LEAST make the plastic thinner. Other than that, you guys are doing fine. Labels are a bit cheesy, but I don't mind.
Consistency: Like I said, this stuff is the thickness. It's bananas. SO difficult to get out of the bottle. But, once that pure white goodness is out, I can breathe a sigh of relief and know that I'm about to put pure happiness onto my hair.
Scent: I absolutely adore the smell of freshly-cut aloe. Aaaand, that's what this conditioner smells like. It's crisp, clean, and aloe-y. Anyone who's said this has a medicinal twang to it is bonkers.
Ingredients: Yeah, aloe's at the top of the list- the titular 84% is a very pretty number. That's ALOT of aloe. After that, you have the fatty acids, vitamins, wheat protein, and tiiiiny bit of dimethicone that Jason has in alot of their conditioners.
Performance: Miraculous. It's cooling, detangling, moisturizing, and best of all, de-frizzing. It truly does smooth my thick, curly/wavy, easily tangled, color-treated, long, dry hair. I haven't seen as many split ends since I started using this, its shampoo counterpart, and the Biotin set in a rotation. It leaves my curls plump, bouncy, shiny, defined, soft, and smooth. My hair stays like this until the next washing. It's almost like having virgin hair again. HOWEVER, it does take alot of the conditioner to spread throughout thick/long hair, considering its absurd thickness.
Overall: This stuff is incredible. It, along with Jason's Biotin conditioner, are my HGs. For sure. I can shampoo with its counterpart or I can co-wash with it. Not sure about buildup, but I'd watch out for it anyway. I've been using this for a while now and I don't think I'll ever ditch it.
**EDIT: Alright, I ditched it. Over time, this stuff loses its effectiveness and doesn't moisturize as well. I don't know why. Jason's Biotin line has still been faithful to my hair though. Hmm.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the thickest conditioner I've ever used. I use a lot of Jason products, mostly shampoos and conditioners, and this is by far their thickest conditioner. That being said, it doesn't really weigh down the hair, maybe a little more than some of the other Jason conditioners, but it does make my hair smooth, soft, shiny and bouncy enough for me to continue to use it on my bone straight, limp hair. Overall I like it, it's not my favorite Jason line, but it's still pretty dang good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by crazycoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went and bought this conditioner at a local Nutrition House. It was kept on an obscure shelf literally in the back of the store. I ended up with this bottle mostly due to the high content of aloe vera despite the unappealing packaging. My hair is wavy, thick, coarse and dry from chemical and heat-styling abuse. I constantly have it tied in a bun as I get fly aways and I can't afford an hour to deal with all the styling and what-nots. Without any heat or product application after washing - it ends up drying into a weird shape and poofs up like a lion's mane or dry hay. You get the point - I have dry, uncontrollable hair. Anyways, day 1 of using this I find that I have to squeeze the bottle a little harder to get the product out- it is very very creamy like lotion but definitely much thicker in consistency. The only complaint I have is perhaps they could come up with better packaging so the product can come out easier without all the excessive squeezing. The smell is slightly medicinal but not over powering or gross. I don't mind it as you can only smell it when the product in actually in your hand but there is no lingering smell whatsover after rinsing. If the scent bothers you, I'd suggest using a leave-in conditioner that has a scent to mask it. I use the low sulfate tre semme shampoo then after rinsing and wringing out all the water in my hair, I take about a blob of this conditioner and leave it in for about 2-3 minutes. Rinsing doesn't take that much longer than any other deep conditioning treatments..except this one is supposed to be a daily conditioner. So you could tell that it is very moisturizing as it gives you more of the effects of a deep conditioner. I let it air dry and slap on some leave-in conditioner just to tame the fly aways. Let me tell you ladies (and gents).. for the first time ever I could run my fingers through my hair without them getting stuck in knots- über soft!!! And no more ugly lion's mane!! It feels so Smooth to touch and Bouncy as if I had just got out the salon. Less frizz and definitely smoother and healthy looking Wow. I couldn't stop touching my hair all day and it is the second day now and I still can't stop touching it. Even my husband agrees that my hair is very soft and tells me to continue using this for my hair! For about $7 this is a beauty steal darlings. I am so happy with the results and will not spend any more money on super expensive salon products. I am so impressed by this line of product that I am now totally converted to all natural things. From now on, I will only purchase all natural or organic products for my hair. I am so glad I didn't come to this review page before buying this as the ratings are not so great. Perhaps you would appreciate it more if you have coarse, wavy and thick hair like mine. So don't be discouraged by the not so positive reviews- it works wonderful for me so try it out..you might just fall in Love with it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product in combination with the Aloe Vera shampoo. My feelings on this product are very similar to the shampoo: it works okay, but I'm not going to buy it again. I can't really tell if this conditioner moisturizes or not; after rinsing it off in the shower my hair still feels dry and brittle. After letting my hair air-dry, it's a bit softer but still, I don't feel that this does much compared to other conditioners I've tried. The thick, waxy consistency doesn't bother me as it helps the conditioner grip my hair, however as you go through the product it becomes increasingly more difficult to get it out as there is no way to "drain" it. I suspect I am going to waste a quarter of this product simply because I cannot seem to get it out! I do not think this is worth the relatively expensive price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by knightrider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I have now purchased a full size of this product to try it some more. I really love how soft it makes my hair look and feel. I cannot stop touching my hair. But I MUST use a SLS/SLES-shampo to clean the silicone out of my hair more often than once a week. I changed the rating from 2 to 4. If it did not contain silicone, I would have given it 5.

Original review:
I bought travel sizes of the Jason Aloe Vera 84% Shampoo and Conditioner. I was so proud of myself buying natural hair products (and shampoo without SLS and SLES!). The ingredient list was hidden behind a instructions label, so I checked it some days later before buying full sizes. I could not believe that natural products like that, could make my hair so shiny and nice! I was very satisfied! Until I found silicones in the ingredients lists!! WTF?? Do I need a SLS/SLES-shampoo to clean out leavings from my "natural" organic hairproducts?? I would probably have noticed the build-ups if I had continued using them, thinking I would not need SLS/SLES-shampoo!
I have now ordered shampoo and conditioner from Weleda. With no SLS/SLES, silikones or parabens! (Aloe Vera 84% do not have parabens in them, but some of the other Jason hair products (that I bought for my husband) have them!)
I shall never ever again buy ANY cosmetics without checking the ingredients first!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by rileannas

My thick hair tends to dry out easily and poof out into a triangle at the slightest cause, and this conditioner solved both of those problems.

Something about aloe vera keeps my hair smooth and poof-free - I'll even comb pure aloe vera gel through it when it's wet sometimes. I love the way my hair looks and feels after using this conditioner: smooth, tame, and healthy.

It works well with the accompanying shampoo, but that shampoo wouldn't work on every hair type (see my review). Even if you dislike the shampoo, I recommend using the conditioner after normal shampoo if you suffer from dry or poofy hair.