October 31, 2014 | 1228 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Classic Ivory - Compact

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have just discovered how I like the "old formula" of Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder. I use the Classic Ivory in the pocket powder and the Simply Powder compact. I guess almost by accident I found the Buff Beige powder in the brown circular compact for normal skin was really wonderful. It matched my skin and looked just as good as my more expensive powder foundations. This is supposed to be a powder, but it makes a very good foundation in my case. I have bought several of these compacts from any place I can find. Though I use Classic Ivory in their other formulations of powder, I use buff beige in this one. I certainly wish they would bring the old formulas back. Cover Girl had delved into newer lines and formulas of makeup. This is fine, but they should never have discontinued their old line, which thousands of women love.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by chriistiine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very distinct fragrance (that I happen to like) and perfect coverage for me lightly dusted over my moisturizer in the morning. Great value for the price, but if you're sensitive to strong smelling makeup or need heavy coverage I would pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by maxmommy2

Okay, so this powder is not going to set the world on fire. It's pretty old school and smells strongly of...some kind of perfume. But I grew up watching my grandmother apply it every day, and so it is a makeup staple for me. The puff is pretty horrible, but with a fluffy brush it goes on nicely. Classic ivory is very light, more white than yellow, which is terrific when you're very pale (NW 15). I miss the old packaging, with the rounded edges--the new one is more modern but much less nostalgic for me. Do not buy if you can't stand makeup products with a lot of fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by rd_donaldson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this in Classic Ivory. It is the perfect color for me, something which is hard to get. I know it is cheap, but it works for me! I apply it in the morning with a brush, and after lunch I reapply to my nose and forehead with the puff that comes with it. It keeps me from getting greasy all day long (with a lunch-time touch up). It can look cakey if I put on too much, but I know to just use a light hand. I don't have to worry that I'll break it in my purse, because it is so cheap to replace. Try it, you just might like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by TAKEN826

Buff Beige. The smell is so classic, the brownish colored plastic.. ohh I just can't leave it alone. I have to have this in my desk, my purse, by truck, it just takes care of me always has... it's about $4 so I get a new one whenever and toss the old one, especially if the puff just isn't clean.. thats the thing, the puff and the powder absorb every drop of oil it come in contact with so I can never finish the whole thing, but for the $4 who care, I love it anyways.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by vanillah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price of the product, I really can't complain. This powder has the ability to make you look amazing, however, it can take a long time before you figure out what "just right" with this powder it is. If you over-do it, even by a speck, it will look very cakey & powdery. If you use a small - medium makeup brush, and just brush it on, it will look amazing. =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

This is an average product for the price. I normally use Revlon but bought this on special. I wouldn't buy it again because it can look powdery in daylight. The best way to avoid this is to apply it with a good quality brush rather than the sponge it comes with. Although it is moderately priced I would rate is as fairly bad value for money because it didn't go very far and I had to use my own brush. On the other hand, with Revlon, the brush that comes with it gives light, smooth coverage, and the actual product lasted much longer. I also found with the Covergirl that it went cakey. I have normal/combination skin and tend to perspire in hot weather. This powder looked cakey quite quickly and was difficult to blot and reapply without looking gluggy.

Covergirl make good mascaras, eye pencils and lippies, so save your money by buying those products and save up for a powder that does a better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by porchcat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this, or one of its sister products in the Cover Girl line for years, but when I bought it again recently, it just didn't cut it the way it used to. For one, it leaves weird orange specks on my face in random areas--what is that stuff?? For another, it just isn't the same formula it used to be. Why, why do the manufacturers change the best workhorse products in the makeup world? I have switched to another brand altogether.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2004 9:43:00 PM More reviews by elsangalang

I LOVE this pocket compact (blue). It's the perfect shade for my yellow Asian skin tone. I don't have to touch up too often with this during the day--it has good staying power and doesn't get cakey. It's 610 Classic Ivory.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2004 7:27:00 PM More reviews by berrylemon

i got this because it came with the covergirl foundation. i don't really like this product. first off, it gave me a cakey look. also, i don't like its staying power. i have to retouch every hour! would not buy again.