Banana Boat Face Plus Sunblock SPF 23 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.8

on 6/2/2011 9:01:00 AM

Decent sunscreen - doesn't break me out and provides effective sun protection. I have oily skin, so this does look greasy on my skin - I limit it to beach days and only wear it on a makeup-free face. For that purpose, it's fantastic. I spend a lot of time at the beach in the summer, and a sunscreen that won't clog my pores, break me out, and/or or irritate my skin is a must-have in my stash.

on 12/27/2010 1:14:00 PM

I never like heavy sun protection product. It always smells funky, felt thick, and crazily oily. This one is not an exception. But it saves my skin from sunburn, did not let my Asian skin too tan either, so I guess this sun screen is okay. Since the expiration date is drawing near, I used it up for body lotion. Not a very good idea, my hands feel greasy and I hate the scent, can't wait to go back to my Vaseline.

on 3/14/2010 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it's greasy when i put on the face,,,it's better after a while.
the wrost thing is it contain OXYBENZONE which it's harmful!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very OILY!!! Broke me out pretty bad! Will only use on body, even so, my body feel so sticky.

on 12/16/2008 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

greasy and sticky! will never repurchase!

on 10/21/2008 3:14:00 AM

Bought this for my face but never got around for facial use. I used it on my body when spending a day at a water theme park. I dislike the distinct sunblock lotion smell it has, also the texture is pretty thick, so I don't think it would have worked if I had used it on my face. Won't repurchase.

on 6/25/2008 11:39:00 PM

I bought this last week after i decided to try something new.Previously,i used Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 55 (which is really good) then switched to the SPF 30 (not bad but its not oil-free and causes a little breakout).I do agree that Ultra Sheer can feel greasy after a few hours and it does sting my eyes.

So i decided to try this and i am impressed.Its light and most importantly,oil-free.Blends in quickly and doesn't feel tacky on my skin.However,my question is why is this in SPF 23 and not 30?In my opinion,SPF 30 is the ideal amount of protection a sunscreen should have.But overall,this is still good.I might consider the new Faces SPF 30 after this.

on 4/21/2008 5:08:00 PM

Does not cause me to break out (nearly every other sunscreen does), plus it does not sting my eyes when I go into the water.

on 3/28/2007 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have used this product to prevent burning, but also to help prevent further sun damage to my 60 year old face. It has the full spectrum protection I need at a reasonable price (I recently purchased a 4 oz tube at Dollar Tree for $1.00!). It's non-greasy & waterproof, but also provides light moisturization. Several reviewers of this product have mentioned that it doesn't have UVA protection. This is not entirely correct. It contains oxybenzone. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, this ingredient protects against short UVA rays. In order to prevent damage from the ENTIRE UVA spectrum, you would need to buy a sunblock containing either titanium dioxide or zinc oxide (both PHYSICAL sunblocks that can leave a white cast to your face) or avobenzone (Parsol 1789) or ecamsule (Mexoryl SX). Parsol and Mexoryl are newer chemical sunscreens that add measurably to the UVA protection, as well as the COST of a sun protection product. If you are very fair and/or have sensitive skin, you may want to purchase one of these products. I have used Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion with SPF 30 with good results. However, if your looking for a reasonably priced UVA/UVB sunscreen product, you can't beat Faces Plus.

on 3/20/2007 10:46:00 PM

I use Neutrogena Dry Touch under my liquid foundation and gave it a 5 rating. By accident, I bought this and found it goes better with my powder mineral foundation during the winter months. Also this does NOT break me out like Sheseido or Clinique sunscreen. Because mineral are natural sunblock, I don't mind wearing a lesser sunblock under it. I will buy it again, but also am hoping Banana Boat may renew its formula to a more full spectrum one.