July 29, 2014 | 1693 users online

Moisturizers - Mary Kay - Nighttime Recovery System

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I've repurchased MK Nighttime Recovery several times over the years.
It's parfait-layered in the jar with a cream and a clear gel-looking
material. Just dip in, you'll automatically get some of both, and it's a
superb nightcream for combo skin. And it's unscented. I highly
recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2005 8:17:00 PM More reviews by hansston

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product and am very sad that they are discontinuing it. I have always been leery of moisturizers as they usually make me break out, but this one is wonderful and hydrates my skin like nothing else. I have tried its replacement, the oil free hydrating gel, and agree that it's good, but it's more expensive and is half the size of the nighttime recovery. I will continue to get the nighttime recovery on ebay until they all run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2004 6:51:00 AM More reviews by barberree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i was expecting more from this product, as it cost approximately as much as many high-end products. also, the packaging quality wasn't impressive- Mary Kay opted for an "elegant" look(i.e., a faux gold trailer park pseudo-elegant look)instead of sanitation -- you have to dip into the large-circumferenced jar in order to retrieve the product (i used a clean q-tip each evening).
a little does, indeed, go a long way, and the one thing i loved about the product was the cooling sensation of the gel portion of the mixture. the light, lotion-consistency of the cream portion was also nice, since i'm oily, tend to experience break-outs, and don't care for heaviness. while some reviewers have complained that they wish the product came mixed, i liked the novelty of swirling the gel and cream myself. :)
Ok, now the important part: after consistent, nightly use for as long as the jar lasted me (several months), i see no change in my skin at all. true, i'm a young-looking 35 with few aging factors yet (thank god!!), but i *do* have some problem areas. this did nothing to alleviate the tiny lines forming at the corners of my eyes, fill in the little creases on my forehead (despite the Nylon ingredient), or impart a nice evenness after nights of little sleep or too much studying, working, stress, or fun. :)
it *did* keep me moisturized, but i don't need a lot of moisture, anyway. i won't repurchase.
p.s. -- it smells "dusty," if that makes sense. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2004 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mk98julie

This product is now discontinued. It's been replaced with the Oil-Free Hydrating Lotion, which is an even better product than Nighttime Recovery. I wouldn't suggest buying Nighttime Recovery on eBay. Instead, see if your rep still has any jars in stock. A rep told me that MK doesn't guarantee products if they're not bought from a rep (ie, eBay, flea markets, etc).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2004 6:49:00 AM More reviews by reginarn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a week. I got it on e-bay. I have noticed a difference in my skin tone. Not a dramatic difference, but a small improvement. I hope over time, I will see a dramatic improvement. I am loving it so far. I have very dry skin and I use the eucerin Q10 cream with this. So far so good. Udate: moved on.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2004 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mdmartinez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The nighttime recovery system has been discontinued. So my consultant ordered the new replacemnt which is called "Hydriating gel". Well I thought I would give it a try since I have dry & sensitive skin. I used the gel at night and the next morning I woke up my face was all broken out from this stuff. I was clearly disappointed since all the reviews were excellent. Oh well the search continues to fine the right night cream for my 40 something dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2004 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Sneewittchen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is nice stuff, a true staple of mine for the past five years. I like it because the fine lines disappear by morning and my skin looks and feels very smooth. I am glad to hear from the first review on this page that the new Mary Kay Hydrating Gel performs even better. The jar appears to be a healthy size (1.8 oz.) and if it's anything like the new Estee Lauder Hydra Complete Moisturizer, $40 (which is also incredible), you probably only need a tiny bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2003 4:15:00 PM More reviews by jenvince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! Being combo/acne-prone, I've always been bummed that I have to use more gel-like texture moisturizers or a lightweight lotion. This is a cream - I love putting it on and smoothing it into my skin at night. I have been super happy with the results. Smoother, clearer skin - and hydrated. Because oily/combo skin still needs to be hydrated. I just love this night cream. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2003 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Jadeness

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of the best gel/cream moisturizers that I have tried in a while. It is a gel and cream mix especially for combination skin. It is moisturizing enough without breaking me out, while the gel makes my skin texture very smooth. It feels so luxurious when I put it on. It works very well as a primer too! Ask for a sample. I loved it!