December 18, 2014 | 1755 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - time on your hands

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The texture of this is very thick and creamy , the smell is very strong and unpleasant. I did not find myself enjoying use of this, although my hands became smooth and soft my nail area did not respond well to this. Too expensive, used it up and moved on...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I tried this for the first time the other day. The moisturizing benefits were good but hardly impressive. That didn't kill it for me because I'm not nearly as dry in the summer as I am in the winter. So this could be a nice warm weather hand cream. The smell is what killed this for me. Upon application, the smell was pretty at first. It reminded me of the fragrant pink roses that grew in my family's yard as a child. Within a minute it became totally rancid and sour smelling! It was unbearable, almost like urine! I hate that it turned that way because I really wanted to love this. They should make this fragrance free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

This works really well for me with one caveat: use it BEFORE your hands get cracked. When I used it on my already cracked hands it burned. That said, used preventatively this product worked very well for me and my hands get as dry as parchment in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Dinahout

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to admit, I'm pretty rough with my hands. When I need a quick repair after realizing how dry and rough my hands are, I use a dab of Time On Your Hands and voila!, my hands are soft and smooth. It's quickly absorbed and non-greasy. The only complaint I have would be the smell - kind of plasticy and stink.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this with a kit for travel to DisneyWorld. I packed it thinking I wouldn't use it. I was wrong. I used it and Soul Owner constantly. One night, I had a bit too much on so, without thinking, I swiped a smidge under my eyes. I have terrible undereye dryness and puffiness. Imagine my shock when I discovered this makes a helluva eye cream. Better than Hope in a Tube for sure. My undereye area is smooth and a tad less puffy (nothing will take away genetic bags). My hands are smooth too. As a hand cream, this could be expensive and there ARE other products out there just as good (Gold Bond lotion, for one). As an eye cream, it's killer. I'm stocking up.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 8:41:00 AM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a week. I train horses for a living, so I'm outside all day and I have a helluva tan! I have dry hands as I never put lotion on during the day. I'm riding, or cleaning stalls, or giving horses a bath.....no point putting lotion on. It's gone in a second. I've started putting Time on My Hands on my hands at night. Yesterday I noticed that there is literally a line separating my hands from my wrist.....my hands are smoother looking then look at my wrist and arms and they look different! Almost like someone surgically removed my hands and put someone else's hands with nicer skin on my arms. I didn't realize how damaged my skin was until yesterday. This stuff is too expensive to put on my arms, shoulders, neck and everywhere the sun hits me, so I think I'll try Paula's Choice BHA lotion or something. But I do recommend this product as I can see it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Oneirix

This is really nice stuff! It really softened my hands; I go rock climbing often, so I have pretty developed calluses. I need the calluses for climbing so I was worried that using this stuff would break them down, but not so (which in retrospect may not be a plus to others)! It just made my hands touchably soft and smooth, and made me happy. :) Unfortunately also from climbing chalk I have some flaky skin at my finger tips, and it didn't help much with that. All in all a great product though, and one jar should last you a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 5:42:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this hand lotion. In just about a week, with the use of the 1 oz tube that comes with the Birthday Girl set, I have noticed a difference in my hands. My ragged cuticles and dry, rough, partially callused sides of thumbs, have healed, and the top of my hands doesn't look as dry or old. I'm 37 now and have protected my face and neck vigiliantly, but my hands have been rather neglected. Many other hand creams and lotions haven't done much for me, but in using this at night, I have really seen a difference. The cream itself is not oily, sinks in well and is thick/rich without being greasy. I like the nice lavender/eucalyptus smell - it makes my room smell nice at night, too. The price is also very reasonable. I am definitely buying a larger size when the 1 oz tube runs out, as I did with the foot cream (Soul Owner) as well. Really great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't have dry hands, but was looking for an anti-aging product for the back of my hands. I use this every night before I go to bed, and that's enough to keep my hands hydrated the next day. My cuticles have also been much better since I started using this. They were quite ragged and sore before.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by kak513

Not that this is such a bad product, but I just don't see any specific results. I keep the pot I received as a gift in my desk at work and dip in for a small fingerful throughout the day. Using this small of an amount allows for just a thin layer all over, and I'm typing again without any greasies in less than a minute. In fact, I applied some at the start of this review, and it's almost soaked in all the way. There's definitely a barrier, though; feels like it's loaded with lots of silicones. This doesn't particularly smell like chemicals to me--more like the "ozone" scent someone else mentioned. Not special, but not unpleasant. Would not repurchase due to the price and unsanitary jar, however, I'll use this up.