July 25, 2014 | 1818 users online

Cleansers - Sundari - SANDALWOOD CLEANSER FOR PITTA SKIN

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by finneganandmaggie

I think this is fabulous and I think I am a bit hard to please when it comes to facial cleansers. This is expensive when you pay full price. I managed to find it on the messy little clearance section in Marshalls. I think I paid 7 bucks for it. My skin is incredibly soft and smooth after I use this. I have combo skin and it's been prone to breakouts lately. I use this alternating with an acne cleanser every other day (with b.perox). I am so pleased with it. I keep touching my skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by sksterling

TOO EXPENSIVE!!! No nice smell, not really great at cleaning, and takes forever to rinse off. I got this at TJ Maxx for 12 bucks, but I think regular price is like 30 or more. NOT worth it. If you want those little scrubby beads, try Nivea cream cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this without reading the ingredients list to my mistake. It contains lavender extract which my skin absolutely cannot tolerate -- in any amount, even fragrance. Sure enough, after just two uses I developed little bumpy outbreaks on my cheeks and my face itched all over. This is a creamy cleanser with blue colored cushiony scrubbing granules. It's not abrasive at all - it feels nice and gentle when massaging it onto the skin. Despite the name, there's hardly any sandalwood scent detectable. I'd recommend this for normal to combination skins that aren't sensitive like mine. For something comparable from the drugstore, Nivea makes an exfoliating cleanser that's very similar to this. I would have given this a higher rating if it was minus the lavender ingredient.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AmyK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Even though I work at a spa that sells this product, I ended up trying it by accident. I bought it originally for my teenage son to try and he didn't like it so I figured I'd just use it up. I used it all summer long, and I didn't even need an oil control product! For me that is unheard of, I usually have a big problem w/breakouts in the chin area, especially during that time of the month. I didn't have the breakouts while using this cleanser. I definitely want to try the essential oil and moisturizer for Pitta Skin that goes along w/it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by kat_25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i came across this by accident when i was looking for dermalogica's daily microfoliant. a sales woman suggested i try this line instead since it's gentel enough to use every day and i could cut out washing and then exfoliating. i was VERY surprised how much my skin has changed since using this! i have t-zone combination skin with an uneven texture on my forehead (horrible at times). since i've started using sundari's sandlewood clenser i no longer feel the need to use any oil control lotion on my t-zone (except on those hot days in nyc) and the texture of my forhead has improved tremendously - i can barely see any uneaveness.
a definate must for my skincare and can't wait to purchase the essential oil and moisterizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2005 1:34:00 AM More reviews by chatperdu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the most amazing cleanser I've ever tried. I used a whole slew of exfoliants and scrubs: Kiehls Pineapple scrub, Ester-C, St.Ives Apricot, and even Aveeno exfoliating pads--but hands down this stuff is IT for me. It is the most gentle, most effective cleanser I've ever used! I love that it has little to no detectable scent--for something called Sandalwood Cleanser I was actually disuaded that it might smell like an ashram--a bit too strong for my cleansing routine, but NOT AT ALL. I just received a sample of this stuff, a little goes a long way--I probably have about 4-6 more uses before the sample is used up. But this stuff is so good I can't bear running out so I immediately went to Sundari.com and bought myself the full size tube. Not only does this stuff feel good during the cleansing routine, but it washes off easily and there's no residue or smell, and my skin feels and looks almost as beautiful as my 1 year old nephew's. Sundari's made a devotee out of me; their Pitta Essential Oil and Avocado Neem Moisturizer are my favorites too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2004 12:04:00 PM More reviews by AutumnGold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this cleanser since the Sundari line is Ayurvedic based. Also, it didn't hurt that Christy Turlington helped create the line. Overall, I have been pretty impressed by this cleanser. It has done a very gentle job on my skin. I still breakout around the TOM however the blemishes seem to go away quicker now that I switched to this cleanser. It is a bit gritty though you do not feel it "scrub" so much when used. The smell is non-existent though it is a Sandlewood cleanser and has cucumber extract. I am very pleased and would repurchase this cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2004 5:17:00 AM More reviews by NurseKristen

This was nice as a daily exfoliating cleanser, but there was no significant smell!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by andijan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this gentle exfoliating wash. It is great for morning, since I won't use it to take off my eye makeup. Like the smell, too! Skin feels clean and balanced.

Update: I think this made me break out like crazy after using for a month. Stopped and switched to Dr. Hauschka. Will give a review on that after I see results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2003 8:47:00 PM More reviews by agayles

I have sensitve, oily skin that I have been trying to control since my teen years. This product is simply awesome. I discovered this product two months ago and since then I've had minimal breakouts and I can actually see my pores shrinking. The usual discomfort I've experienced with other products just wasn't there. I can finally say that my search is over!