September 19, 2014 | 1232 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Fine Liner Brush #8

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

An ebay seller made the mistake of sending me the #8 brush instead of the #9. In his remorse, he let me keep the brush and returned my money. Thinking I had nothing to loose, I tried this with my MAC fluidline. I am very impressed. With my other brushes, I always ended up applying more than I needed. Since the brush is very thin, I dont have to worry about this being a problem. I have "shrimp" eyes and need eyeliners to open my eyes slightly. This has made eyeliner application somewhat toleratble. Also, it's good for tightlining your eyes. Highly recommend! edit: it's been a while since I owned this thing. Every time I clean this with my mac cleanser, the ends splay quite a bit. It's fine though coz this is remedied once you put it in the fluidline. =D Currently using the 266 because it makes cat eyes super easy. This is perfect for upper lashline because it is soft enough that IF you make a mistake of putting the brush in your eye, it wont hurt!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this brush, but Iike a few other reviewers, I also think that the bristles could be a bit more stiff. However, this still gets the job done-- it's perfect for creating a natural looking and well-defined upper lash line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This brush can get the job done but I feel like the bristles aren't stiff enough. I wanted a very tight line to my lashes (with MAC fluidline) but it was a bit hard, but I can still get it done, just not with ease. Overall, it's an alright brush. (I have shaky hands, so maybe that's why)

EDIT 042209**
I like this ALOT now! I've gotten used to using it for my upper lid and I can do it easy now. Always a thin perfect line. Hoorah!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this product as an Raok. It's my first dual ended brush so i was a bit skeptical using it. I found out later the 12 brush is good for SB brow items, but 8 is awesome for gel e/l.

It's the perfect combination of firm and flexible bristles. I've used this on my blitz and glitz fluidline and loved the results.

Out of my gel e/l brushes; this brush uses the minimalist product. And i can achieve a very thin line. But I've tried this on a dryer gel e/l and it's not as effective.

And I've tried a lot of brushes: from SK bent, MAC 209, 210, 263, 231. shu 4F, BB ultra fine.

If i had to pick my HG: it'll be this and shu 4F and the ones that comes with jane gel e/l.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by alphadamsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too have the double ended brush (#8 & #12) I absolutely love this brush!!!!! I also have just #8. I love the precision of this brush that angled eye BROW brushes aren't able to achieve. would deff buy it again!

but i dont really have anything to compare it to since i've only ever used smashbox brand eyeliner brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by jopolyn

I got this brush with the #12 brush on the end from ebay like the review below me. I got it for not a bad price about $10 which is better than the $30 it is retailing in the store. This brush is awesome! I can't believe I have spent this much time applying cream-liners without it. I used to struggle with smudges and over thick lines due to my clumsey/inexperience application. I had the cream liner from clinique and would use a slanted eyeliner brush from sephora. It would be ok most of the time. Now that I've picked up some fluidlines I wanted a better brush. I always wanted to have the thin line look of liquid eyeliners but I suck at applying them. With this brush I get a super thin line like the liquid eyeliners but can use my fluidlines for easier/non smudging application. It's great and works so well with the fluidlines (fluidlines are awesome too IMO, they even last when i take a shower).

Everyone who likes gel liners should get this brush. It'll save you on product too because it's so thin and you won't waste any product like you would using a bigger brush. That's what I cringed at when using a thicker brush with my fluidlines. Fluidlines are so easy to apply that you only need a little bit of product and with this brush you can save even more. I don't know if you can find a comparable brush in a different brand. I haven't tried any other brushes like this but I've seen sephora offer one for about $10. Just buy this brush off ebay though. It's cheaper

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2006 11:22:00 PM More reviews by melisaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this brush as a double-ended combo with #12 (brow brush- works great with brow tech) from ebay. It came in a somewhat resealable plastic bag with a plastic tube around the tip of this brush that falls off easily so it's not so great for storing upright. It's quite soft and works well with mineral eyeliners although I think it would be better if it was more stiff and even finer. I haven't tried it with gel eyeliner, but I'll update when I finally buy some at the mall to try it with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2005 3:44:00 AM More reviews by aznsmurfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holaaaaaayy I cannot believe how good this brush is. I'm not a brush snob, but I mostly have MAC/UD brushes. I've always used the 209, 266, or 236 for all my Fluidline needs. But today I picked up the Roxy Theatre set (WHITE (pretty!!) brushes with teh #8 fine liner and.. ..I. AM. SOLD. I cannot believe I haven't been using this brush the whole time with my fluidlines!!!!! The brush is stiff at the base so it doesn't wobble around too much but it's flimsy enough at the tips to make a gorgeous cat eye AND and superfine line. It's just wonderful. I like how small it is and how easily it picks up the color AND the best part, there is so little waste. With the MAC brushes, they were denser and bigger so they picked up more color into the brushes and caused more waste (also a hassle to wash out). Man, I cannot say enough good things about this brush!! Ok, one more, it came with the Holiday 2005 collection which retailes for 80 bucks pre tax, so it's all white. *swoons* I like reds and black, but the white just can't be beat. Ok, that's enough raving from me. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2005 6:23:00 PM More reviews by FallenStar841

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far so good with this brush. I purchased it to use with my Stila Smudge Pot to create a super smooth liquid liner effect. The brush creates a super thin line and it was easy to use. I look forward to trying other Smashbox brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2004 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Stellam

This brush scared me for a while...I am an eyeliner retard. I was getting really good with the cream liner brush and decieded to be bold and get the eye defining brush. It is a great brush!!! Not like the usual liquid liner brushes that seperate at the very tip. I also think that using pro brushes more often is making me less clumsy.