Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

on 3/22/2015 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I tried it today for the first time so this is my first impression on this foundation. I put it over my day creme with flat kabuki. I wasn't fan of the packaging at first because it doesn't have the pump and I prefer the tubes over the glass bottles because they are easier to travel with and you can control the amout that comes off. But I dipped my kabuki directly on the product and it worked just fine. It blends easy and doesn't feel heavy on the skin and looks like my skin, but better. The finish is matte, which I prefer because of my combination skin type. I always set my foundation with powder, either loose or pressed and with most of the foundations my T-zone shines trough after 2-3 hours, but this foundation stayed matte after 3 hours which is a BIIIG plus for me. It kinda reminds me of Estee Lauder Double Wear because it was the only foundation that kept me matte whole day, but I've already fallen in love with this one because it isn't heavy looking on the skin. I hope it'll stay that way and this becomes my HG foundation. So far, I really REALLY loved it.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was recommended this foundation at Sephora so I decided to try it out. It is honestly one of the most natural looking foundations that I have personally tried. After first applying it, it looks really natural and my skin felt silky smooth. It's $23 which isn't too bad for a high-end foundation. However, it kinda seems to remind me of the Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Normal to Dry Skin Formula) which is about half the price. Also, the bottle of the Clinique foundation is frosted so it's hard to tell how much product you have left.

on 2/19/2015 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The best foundation, in the worst bottle... I really love this foundation. I makes my skin look almost perfect, moisturizes and mattes the t-zone. Hate the packaging though. It's impossible to get the right amount out of it and the foundation stucks on the outside of the bottle top. Please change this Clinique, and I promise to stay by this one forever!

I first tried Clinique's Superbalanced Foundation when I received it as a sample in a magazine. I never thought I'd use a make-up sample from a magazine, but I ran out of foundation and was desperate. Needless to say, I fell in love with this smooth foundation. It evens out my skin tone and feels good on. Clinique offers tons of shades and I don't know anyone who has had trouble finding a perfect match to their skin tone. Because this product does not come in a squirt bottle it is easy to use every last drop of liquid in the bottle which means it lasts a long while. I can normally get one bottle to last me anywhere from 6 - 8 months. I've been using this foundation for 6 years and have no plans to look anywhere else!

on 1/26/2015 11:36:00 PM

Finding a color was so hard, only 2 are suitable for people with pale skin, and even then they're a bit dark if you're really white. The coverage isn't full, it's quite light. It feels alright on the skin and it didn't make me break out like most foundations do. I won't buy it again though, it dries extremly fast and is a little hard to blend.

on 1/14/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My skin is normal, not oily or too dry. In winter it's a bit dryer. No acne or other skin issues. My needs for a foundation are simple - something light and somewhat sheer to even out skin tone, with satin or slightly dewey finish. I prefer liquid, I don't like a heavy, cakey or built-up look.
I've been using, and loving, Clinique moisture surge TM in shade 03. I wanted to try for just a bit more coverage, so I've been using Superbalanced in nude beige, which is just a tad lighter than the TM in 03.

This delivers what I need. I apply over moisturizer with fingers or a sponge, no primer or any finishers/setters. Finish is essentially matte, not as dewy as the TM. Coverage is medium-sheer. On the skin it feels and looks like I'm wearing nothing. I find it to have pink undertones, but that doesn't cause me any problems. It lasts about 5 hours before needing refreshing. Hasn't caused me any irritation or breakouts. Very good stuff if you don't need a lot of coverage.
If you're trying to cover stubborn spots, scars or moderate to heavy redness, this isn't going to do it.
I quite like this product. Overall I think it's very, very similar to Clinique's TM line, with the main differences being no SPF, greater shade range and a dryer, lighter, more matte finish.

ONLY GRIPE: The packaging sucks. Sure, the frosted glass bottle is pretty. But utility-wise, it's a pain. They should include a pump, or put it in the squeeze tubes like so many of their other products. I use a q tip to get it out

on 1/5/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I just switched to this from the Clinique redness solutions foundation because I needed a lighter shade than the redness offered. The consistency is excellent for my combination skin but the coverage is too sheer to cover my rosacea ...which is mild by the way. I hate the packaging in that it doesn't squirt it is just kind of open and can get contaminated.
probably going to return this and buy the even better foundation to see if it offers more coverage.

on 1/5/2015 2:32:00 AM

This was quite a let down for me, I thought that it would be just right for school but it isn't! The coverage is no where near as good as some of the drugstore foundations I've used and it is very watery. For the money I paid for it I am very, very disappointed.

on 12/27/2014 6:23:00 PM

Hated this! Made my skin greasy. Goes on quite thick. Not for me, gave it away

on 12/7/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

the coverage was too shiny in a bad way for me, this made my skin look more oily than it already is. I had to put powder on it to make it less shiny and so it ended up looking like makeup not like skin, this is not working for me. I used the expert face brush as somebody in MUA recommended but it still wasn't working I didn't like the shiny texture. Maybe it will work better for someone with a normal skin with only a slightly oily T-zone, but not for someone with an oily skin like me.