November 27, 2014 | 1283 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, and I always, always have it on hand. It is so easy to apply, so forgiving, and so flattering I live in fear of its discontinuation. I had used Clinique's Stay True in Stay Sunny for years and years and when it was discontinued I thought all the compliments I get on my skin were gone with it. It took about 2 years for me to figure out how similar Superbalaced is to Stay True...it's definitely not as "matte", but it has that light, sheer, compfortable feel with excellent coverage of discolorations. AND it has my good old shade, Sunny, which works year-round on my NC35 coloring. Last summer I was out with my sister in Las Vegas. She is 3 years younger than me and neither of us are spring chickens. I got CARDED not once, but TWICE...(and my sister didn't, tee hee). One server kept looking at me, then looking at my birthdate on my driver's license, saying, "That's amazing." (The dim lighting definitely helped the situation). Still, I credit this foundation for giving my skin a resilient, vibrant look that really does look "younger". This isn't "flat" makeup, and it fills in pores and lines, and reflects light just right. It's not as long lasting as, for example, Make Up For Ever Face & Body Foundation (which is also waterproof), but for it's reasonable price and terrific performance it's a true keeper for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Sarita88

This foundation's color turns into a weird kind of orange after a while. It gets runny, makes my skin really oily and the coverage it offers for how heavy it makes your skin is ridiculous. I'm usually a big fan of Clinique but I'm disappointed. Would not recommend it and def not buying again

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I assess foundations on two things: how it works with oily skin and how much it covers rosacea redness, as I have both. In spite of the claims that this is for oily skin, it just didn't hold up. It's too liquid for me and made my skin too oily too quickly, and that made it wear off. Also not enough coverage for me - I prefer the fuller coverage of Revlon ColourStay. I would say it's only moderate coverage at best, so not good if you need more. The colours seem ok, but not sure it's worth the price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by sabbia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product only because the Clinique rep said it was the closest replacement for the Almost Makeup foundation Clinique discontinued. She thought a bb cream or tinted moisturizer would not provide adequate coverage. I absolutely loved the Almost Makeup but the Superbalanced Foundation is not at all comparable. Not to say that this is a bad product--- its merely OK.

I prefer a lighter coverage and the Superbalanced is just a tad too heavy for my liking. (I do agree with the other reviewers who describe it as a medium coverage.) Fortunately, I found a way to apply it in the lightest way possible with the Real Technique's Expert Face brush so I can at least use it up.

The wear-time seems alright---- but I have only started to use foundation on a daily basis and throughout an entire work day in the last year, so I really don't have much to compare it to. My face doesn't look perfect at the end of 8 hrs (fading occurs) but there is enough coverage to get by. Again, not sure if any foundation holds up that well after a full day of wear.

Because I am not at all wowed by this product and it is merely satisfactory in many aspects, I will not be repurchasing but will instead be looking for something else to replace my Almost Makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by therose12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I believe this product was reformulated from the first time I used it years ago, according to the ingredients list. I have sensitive skin(Rosacea) and have to change products often because of this.

I recently started using this again and it is doing a great job. I use a foundation brush and one pump is all I need to cover.

Make sure you buy the pump, it's well worth it. I keep reading complaints about bottle not having a pump, but it is a separate purchase....well worth $2.00...

This is good for covering redness and I am very pale, so I use this in the color Breeze, not too pale or dark.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Kanaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why the counter ladies keep giving me pinkish foundations when I told them I'm yellow *sigh*
Even it says is foy oily skin leaves me a grease sensation on my normal/dry skin. Did break out a little with this.
The bottle is sturdy but hideous package for a foundation, I might suggest invest in a large metal spatula.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by BabyDollB1tch

I have been using this product for a little over 2 years and I can honestly say that it is a product that is hard to beat considering the affordable price of it and its quality. This products sells for a little over or under (can't remember) the $25 price range and it gives Medium to full coverage. It is great for people who have dry to combination skin as it doesn't make your face too oily or glossy looking but gives the right kind of shine with a more or less matte finish. There are a lot of shades in this foundation's range which is great especially for people who have a harder time finding a foundation that is close or exactly the same color to their skin tone. I am someone who has golden porcelain skin (meaning I don't have pink undertones like most people who have very pale skin but instead have green-yellow undertones) and it is very hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin tone without it being too orange in color. I use shade 27 -alabaster and is pretty much an exact match to my skin color. This foundation is good for building and covers mostly everything (except for large pimples or very red blemishes) and doesn't have a noticeable or at all any fragrance. This product also lasts a long time between 2-3 months if you are a frequent foundation user. The only really huge downside to this product is that the bottle is a bit unhygienic ( not horribly so but it doesn't have a pump), can look dewy if you live in a very humid climate (meaning it will look matte inside but sometimes when you step outside can create a more dewy shiny finish due to the weather, which I am not a fan of) and sometimes it is easy to pour out too much product than needed (which sucks because I hate wasting anything). This product is also more fragile than most due to the bottle being made of glass but it is kind of worth it because it is such a classy and pleasant looking product ( I'm a sucker for packaging). All in all I am a frequent user of this foundation and use it 96% of the time due to it's affordable price (I'm on a student budget lol), great coverage and amazing formula that doesn't cause me to breakout. If you are looking for a foundation that won't break out most skin types, who's company has a great reputation, is more of less a high end brand but is still very affordable, that works on dry-combination skin and provides you with medium to full coverage than this product is for you. However if you have slightly oily normal skin to oily skin then I wouldn't really recommend this foundation to you as it can create as mentioned above a more dewy shiny appearance depending on the weather and humidity.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Sancha82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin and this stuff is amazing! I was color matched at Sephora and this was recommended and it is perfect. My skin glows and I look younger. It makes the face look smooth and Dewey and no dry patches are visible. It is a medium coverage but it's very buildable

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Christinezyy0207

I used to love this foundation, and it was my first foundation when I was in high school. I loved the coverage. My skin did not have any acnes, and the condition of my skin was great at that time, so I guess any foundation would look good on me. Since I did not put foundation everyday. This took me more than 2 years to finish this product. I guess that because of the long period, this foundation might had been oxidized, so my skin looked oily and orange later putting this product. I quit using it. But the good thing is that most of this foundation has been used already.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Twobit89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this foundation. I've tried just about every luxury and drugstore foundation available, and this one is hard to beat. It applies evenly, has buildable coverage, and stays put for a decent amount of time. I can put this on in the morning after my 3-step, set it with loose powder, and my foundation stays put through an 8-hour day. I do have to touch up if I go out at night, but that's not really uncommon. I like the little glass jar because there's something nostalgic and elegant about glass packaging. Many of the reviews I've read have expressed a concern about the pump-less bottle, but Clinique actually sells a pump to use with this foundation for $2. Like almost all Clinique products, this foundation did not break me out, so it definitely gets repurchased by me.