Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

on 7/2/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I wouldn't say this is the most perfect foundation but it's the best I've come across so far. I have super dry skin on my forehead and oily skin in my nose area (I'm not the only one right??). This foundation does a good job at "balancing" the moisture and oil on my skin as my forehead stays relatively hydrated while my nose doesn't get too oily. The price is not too bad for a department store brand (CAD $29). However like everyone else has said, the packaging really sucks but Clinique does sell a pump for it but at $7. However this wasn't t ideal for me and I assume the same most people.

on 6/28/2015 12:10:00 PM

I am very fair and have a lot of difficulty finding foundations that are light enough. The lightest shades from most brands, even high-end brands like Chanel, Dior, YSL, Lancome etc -- are simply too dark.

I live in Europe and I could not find any Clinique foundation shades lighter than Ivory, which is still too tan. Then, by luck, one store happened to have an order mix-up and got in a bottle of Alabaster. It was the perfect shade for me and I've been happily wearing it ever since. No problems whatsoever.

I had been wearing Sensai/Kanebo's CP cream foundation in Creamy Beige CF 11. It was a good match and it wore very well. However, they've discontinued the shade. I was pleased to find a substitute from Clinique, especially as it costs nearly $100 less than the Kanebo/Sensai foundation.

I plan to keep wearing this foundation, although I might look at some pale shades from other brands when I am back in the U.S., where there is a much greater variety available for really fair-skinned redheads.

on 6/23/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This gives a very Nice and natural cover. It feels moisturising on the skin. But what does it matter? When It's totally gone in less than 30 minuts. Have to apply again and again. Worthless. Will Never buy again.

on 5/21/2015 4:45:00 PM

Beige chiffon is a perfect match for me, nc20 -25. Clinique classes it as a moderately fair neutral. It is neutral but leans yellow so works well on my asian skintone. It's the most yellow of the colours imo, followed by nude beige which is medium. HOWEVER, I feel that in it's entirety the colour range (in the uk anyway) is way too pink.
It blends easily. The finish is v natural demi-matte. It doesn't cling to dry patches. It does not mattify my t zone but it's not greasy either.
They don't have the pump in the uk (I asked) but I can live with the pkg as it's quite attractive.
Woot! Five stars. However, I don't see this colour on the
US website anymore so maybe it's being discontinued. Typical.

on 5/16/2015 3:44:00 PM

In general I like the liquid foundations from Clinique, and as I currently have combined to dry skin this was the way to go. I overall really like this foundation. The colour match works well for me, it's easy to apply (I use a stipple brush), it has a nice consistency, and lasts the entire day without powder. The smell is very neutral typical foundation smell. The finish of the foundation is natural with a slight dewy look to the skin. I wish it had a SPF, preferably of 30 for the very fair tones.

There is a lot of wonderful things about the product, which is why it pains me that the packaging is so unpractical. The glass bottle looks so pretty when it's standing on my makeup table, it's less pretty when the product splashes out of it in big gulps since there is no pump included in the 23$ price. A lot of product goes to waste when you can't squeeze or pump the flask, so remember to buy the pump separately.

Even though I like the foundation a lot, I think the flask is too wasteful, and the lack of SPF is not ideal for me, so I will not repurchase but rather go back to Clinique's even better foundation.

on 5/14/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I recently went on a hunt for a new foundation. My trusty Revlon foundation's colour just wasn't right anymore. I went to Bobbi Brown for their Skin foundation, MAC to try Studio fix, NARS to try Luminous and Clinique to get SB.

After trying the other, more expensive brands (cause expensive is better, right!) I finally tried the clinique.

Well, I was sold.I love it. I tried it without a primer first. It didn't stick in pores, or accentuate dry patches. The colour was perfect (#3 Ivory) and it was very blendable. I also liked that it was a medium coverage and I could still see MY skin through it.

Its also almost half the price of the other ones, so I was pleased that it was my favourite!

I now team it with Clinique's Pink Primer and always have flawless skin. Will be sticking with this foundation for awhile.

I bought this at an Ulta about a year and a half ago. This was my very first "non-drugstore" foundation so I had really nothing else to compare it to. During warmer seasons it would make my skin incredibly oily and it just seemed to melt off. It DID cover up my blemishes but it made dry spots and oilyness worse. I have since used a different foundation, WITH A PUMP (I didn't know the joys of having a foundation with a built in pump until I got this new foundation). I was told that the Superbalanced was good for combo skin but again, it just didn't work out for me.

on 4/19/2015 6:47:00 PM

Clinique is my go to brand for foundation because I have combination skin with a few blemishes. I wanted to try out a different foundation from the Acne solutions from Clinique that I originally was using. I was suggested this foundation and I find that I don't love it or hate it. Throughout the day I find my skin more oily from the foundation and I find some days when my skin is having an off day that it doesn't go on as smooth as I would like. The bottle is also annoying. It is a glass bottle that when you first start using the bottle it doesn't let the foundation come out and after using the product for a while my bottle is messy, covered in foundation and I can never get the right amount of foundation out because it just pours out the bottle like crazy. In all the foundation gives good coverage , but I prefer the Clinique acne solutions over this one.

on 3/22/2015 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I tried it today for the first time so this is my first impression on this foundation. I put it over my day creme with flat kabuki. I wasn't fan of the packaging at first because it doesn't have the pump and I prefer the tubes over the glass bottles because they are easier to travel with and you can control the amout that comes off. But I dipped my kabuki directly on the product and it worked just fine. It blends easy and doesn't feel heavy on the skin and looks like my skin, but better. The finish is matte, which I prefer because of my combination skin type. I always set my foundation with powder, either loose or pressed and with most of the foundations my T-zone shines trough after 2-3 hours, but this foundation stayed matte after 3 hours which is a BIIIG plus for me. It kinda reminds me of Estee Lauder Double Wear because it was the only foundation that kept me matte whole day, but I've already fallen in love with this one because it isn't heavy looking on the skin. I hope it'll stay that way and this becomes my HG foundation. So far, I really REALLY loved it.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was recommended this foundation at Sephora so I decided to try it out. It is honestly one of the most natural looking foundations that I have personally tried. After first applying it, it looks really natural and my skin felt silky smooth. It's $23 which isn't too bad for a high-end foundation. However, it kinda seems to remind me of the Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Normal to Dry Skin Formula) which is about half the price. Also, the bottle of the Clinique foundation is frosted so it's hard to tell how much product you have left.