February 28, 2015 | 1864 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2015 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Halvsnygg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best foundation, in the worst bottle... I really love this foundation. I makes my skin look almost perfect, moisturizes and mattes the t-zone. Hate the packaging though. It's impossible to get the right amount out of it and the foundation stucks on the outside of the bottle top. Please change this Clinique, and I promise to stay by this one forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 12:23:00 AM More reviews by holleyelizabeth

I first tried Clinique's Superbalanced Foundation when I received it as a sample in a magazine. I never thought I'd use a make-up sample from a magazine, but I ran out of foundation and was desperate. Needless to say, I fell in love with this smooth foundation. It evens out my skin tone and feels good on. Clinique offers tons of shades and I don't know anyone who has had trouble finding a perfect match to their skin tone. Because this product does not come in a squirt bottle it is easy to use every last drop of liquid in the bottle which means it lasts a long while. I can normally get one bottle to last me anywhere from 6 - 8 months. I've been using this foundation for 6 years and have no plans to look anywhere else!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2015 11:36:00 PM More reviews by EleanorJ1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finding a color was so hard, only 2 are suitable for people with pale skin, and even then they're a bit dark if you're really white. The coverage isn't full, it's quite light. It feels alright on the skin and it didn't make me break out like most foundations do. I won't buy it again though, it dries extremly fast and is a little hard to blend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 12:50:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is normal, not oily or too dry. In winter it's a bit dryer. No acne or other skin issues. My needs for a foundation are simple - something light and somewhat sheer to even out skin tone, with satin or slightly dewey finish. I prefer liquid, I don't like a heavy, cakey or built-up look.
I've been using, and loving, Clinique moisture surge TM in shade 03. I wanted to try for just a bit more coverage, so I've been using Superbalanced in nude beige, which is just a tad lighter than the TM in 03.

This delivers what I need. I apply over moisturizer with fingers or a sponge, no primer or any finishers/setters. Finish is essentially matte, not as dewy as the TM. Coverage is medium-sheer. On the skin it feels and looks like I'm wearing nothing. I find it to have pink undertones, but that doesn't cause me any problems. It lasts about 5 hours before needing refreshing. Hasn't caused me any irritation or breakouts. Very good stuff if you don't need a lot of coverage.
If you're trying to cover stubborn spots, scars or moderate to heavy redness, this isn't going to do it.
I quite like this product. Overall I think it's very, very similar to Clinique's TM line, with the main differences being no SPF, greater shade range and a dryer, lighter, more matte finish.

ONLY GRIPE: The packaging sucks. Sure, the frosted glass bottle is pretty. But utility-wise, it's a pain. They should include a pump, or put it in the squeeze tubes like so many of their other products. I use a q tip to get it out

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I just switched to this from the Clinique redness solutions foundation because I needed a lighter shade than the redness offered. The consistency is excellent for my combination skin but the coverage is too sheer to cover my rosacea ...which is mild by the way. I hate the packaging in that it doesn't squirt it is just kind of open and can get contaminated.
probably going to return this and buy the even better foundation to see if it offers more coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Alissa2123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was quite a let down for me, I thought that it would be just right for school but it isn't! The coverage is no where near as good as some of the drugstore foundations I've used and it is very watery. For the money I paid for it I am very, very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Weerosie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Hated this! Made my skin greasy. Goes on quite thick. Not for me, gave it away

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by julianaq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

the coverage was too shiny in a bad way for me, this made my skin look more oily than it already is. I had to put powder on it to make it less shiny and so it ended up looking like makeup not like skin, this is not working for me. I used the expert face brush as somebody in MUA recommended but it still wasn't working I didn't like the shiny texture. Maybe it will work better for someone with a normal skin with only a slightly oily T-zone, but not for someone with an oily skin like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Sarita88

This foundation's color turns into a weird kind of orange after a while. It gets runny, makes my skin really oily and the coverage it offers for how heavy it makes your skin is ridiculous. I'm usually a big fan of Clinique but I'm disappointed. Would not recommend it and def not buying again

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I assess foundations on two things: how it works with oily skin and how much it covers rosacea redness, as I have both. In spite of the claims that this is for oily skin, it just didn't hold up. It's too liquid for me and made my skin too oily too quickly, and that made it wear off. Also not enough coverage for me - I prefer the fuller coverage of Revlon ColourStay. I would say it's only moderate coverage at best, so not good if you need more. The colours seem ok, but not sure it's worth the price tag.