October 21, 2014 | 1814 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by therose12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I believe this product was reformulated from the first time I used it years ago, according to the ingredients list. I have sensitive skin(Rosacea) and have to change products often because of this.

I recently started using this again and it is doing a great job. I use a foundation brush and one pump is all I need to cover.

Make sure you buy the pump, it's well worth it. I keep reading complaints about bottle not having a pump, but it is a separate purchase....well worth $2.00...

This is good for covering redness and I am very pale, so I use this in the color Breeze, not too pale or dark.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Kanaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why the counter ladies keep giving me pinkish foundations when I told them I'm yellow *sigh*
Even it says is foy oily skin leaves me a grease sensation on my normal/dry skin. Did break out a little with this.
The bottle is sturdy but hideous package for a foundation, I might suggest invest in a large metal spatula.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by BabyDollB1tch

I have been using this product for a little over 2 years and I can honestly say that it is a product that is hard to beat considering the affordable price of it and its quality. This products sells for a little over or under (can't remember) the $25 price range and it gives Medium to full coverage. It is great for people who have dry to combination skin as it doesn't make your face too oily or glossy looking but gives the right kind of shine with a more or less matte finish. There are a lot of shades in this foundation's range which is great especially for people who have a harder time finding a foundation that is close or exactly the same color to their skin tone. I am someone who has golden porcelain skin (meaning I don't have pink undertones like most people who have very pale skin but instead have green-yellow undertones) and it is very hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin tone without it being too orange in color. I use shade 27 -alabaster and is pretty much an exact match to my skin color. This foundation is good for building and covers mostly everything (except for large pimples or very red blemishes) and doesn't have a noticeable or at all any fragrance. This product also lasts a long time between 2-3 months if you are a frequent foundation user. The only really huge downside to this product is that the bottle is a bit unhygienic ( not horribly so but it doesn't have a pump), can look dewy if you live in a very humid climate (meaning it will look matte inside but sometimes when you step outside can create a more dewy shiny finish due to the weather, which I am not a fan of) and sometimes it is easy to pour out too much product than needed (which sucks because I hate wasting anything). This product is also more fragile than most due to the bottle being made of glass but it is kind of worth it because it is such a classy and pleasant looking product ( I'm a sucker for packaging). All in all I am a frequent user of this foundation and use it 96% of the time due to it's affordable price (I'm on a student budget lol), great coverage and amazing formula that doesn't cause me to breakout. If you are looking for a foundation that won't break out most skin types, who's company has a great reputation, is more of less a high end brand but is still very affordable, that works on dry-combination skin and provides you with medium to full coverage than this product is for you. However if you have slightly oily normal skin to oily skin then I wouldn't really recommend this foundation to you as it can create as mentioned above a more dewy shiny appearance depending on the weather and humidity.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Sancha82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin and this stuff is amazing! I was color matched at Sephora and this was recommended and it is perfect. My skin glows and I look younger. It makes the face look smooth and Dewey and no dry patches are visible. It is a medium coverage but it's very buildable

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Christinezyy0207

I used to love this foundation, and it was my first foundation when I was in high school. I loved the coverage. My skin did not have any acnes, and the condition of my skin was great at that time, so I guess any foundation would look good on me. Since I did not put foundation everyday. This took me more than 2 years to finish this product. I guess that because of the long period, this foundation might had been oxidized, so my skin looked oily and orange later putting this product. I quit using it. But the good thing is that most of this foundation has been used already.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Twobit89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this foundation. I've tried just about every luxury and drugstore foundation available, and this one is hard to beat. It applies evenly, has buildable coverage, and stays put for a decent amount of time. I can put this on in the morning after my 3-step, set it with loose powder, and my foundation stays put through an 8-hour day. I do have to touch up if I go out at night, but that's not really uncommon. I like the little glass jar because there's something nostalgic and elegant about glass packaging. Many of the reviews I've read have expressed a concern about the pump-less bottle, but Clinique actually sells a pump to use with this foundation for $2. Like almost all Clinique products, this foundation did not break me out, so it definitely gets repurchased by me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Kw153028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I picked this up after my skin started getting very itchy from my other foundations and I was surprised by how well it performed. This foundation is a very versatile, it has a nice coverage and is buildable if you want a more full look. They have a very a rather large shade range which is very nice. I have dry skin so it doesn't cling to my dry spots or look too cakey. This truly is a hidden gem. Not too many people bring it up too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Ruthia101

I have been using this for a couple of years now. I really like the colour and the way it blends into my skin. I don't use foundation all over my face, just where I need it. This works very well for this. It doesn't look like I'm wearing loads of foundation, but saying that it could have better coverage. The texture is good and it doesn't cause my skin to break out. I haven't found a foundation I like more (yet) but I don't think this is my perfect foundation, and when I find it I will change! I'm not so keen on the bottle, I always have to shake it and put my finger over the end to get the right amount, which I think it a bit unhygienic, but its not the worst out there and the bottle is clear so you can see what's inside. Over all I think its relatively good, but probably not the best for the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by miafiona

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall really nice. My skin type- normal /dry cheeks with a slightly oily tzone and blemishes in the tzone making me have a combination skin type. (I am a type 2 in the clinique skincare system.) Pros of this foundation - This stuff is great if you don't like that feel of heavy makeup. It feels very light which I like very much. It has a very lovely smell.the coverage is good for
Me it gives a natural finish to my skin and would say it is a medium coverage. Doesn't look cakey and appears fairly natural. Amazing for sensitive skin. I have super sensitive skin and find most foundations break me out. This is great for delicate skin. Cons of product - the packaging I do not like I find a pump would be more practical and would distribute a more appropriate amount. Glass is very pretty on your vanity table but not practical. My shade (04 cream chamois ) is slightly slightly orangey but I have a bit of a tan so isn't a problem. Not sure what other shades were like but this shade wouldn't be good for. Very fair skin. The product does get rid of redness of blemishes but due to it only being medium coverage larger blemishes would need concealer. Lasts about 4 hrs on my skin without powder with powder about 6. Do need to touch up a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by iamjuliat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation I've ever used, and it's not too bad. Coverage is always good, and the colour matches my skin perfectly. However, the one major issue I have with it is shine/oil control. My skin, in particular on my nose, gets very shiny, and I notice some shine even after just an hour of wearing this foundation. It's supposed to control the oil, however on my nose, the most oil prone area of my face, it doesn't. It's annoying to have to keep blotting and reapplying powder. However, it's not too pricey compared to other brands, so it does the trick in terms of coverage if I'm just going out for a few hours. I like the buildable nature of this foundation, and it's not cakey either. It's only downfall is the oil control, for me at least. Perhaps for people with skin that isn't oily, this may work better.