November 23, 2014 | 1843 users online

Skincare - Face - Awake - Deep Purity Clay Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by mrclark2

This product is pricey, but I will pay it all day to keep the oil at bay. It really does keep skin matte for much longer than without it. It made my skin soft, smooth, and is starting to reduce the size of large pores. Compared to everything else on the market, this has been what works to keep skin clean and clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by terryanne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I am done using this, all the dead skin is gone, and I mean ALL the dead skin. Gets rid of my flaky patches, and skin in glowing. If there are any black/white heads, they are begging to go. Follow up with good toner and non-clogging moisturizer.
Trick is do not use like a scrub, rather gently mix in with water on the face and massage in circles. This product could be too strong for the very sensitive skinned - but then I have very sensitive skin and have found a way to use it.
Packing is a drug store tube - but really, what else would be more suitable?
This review should be more like a 4.5 but I couldn't makeup my mind!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 12:01:00 PM More reviews by hipnycmom

This cleanser is heaven-sent! I recently had a major acne breakout (I'm in my mid-30s and generally just have to deal with that odd monthly pimple) and developed pigmentation after pregnancy. I've tried almost everything from Clean and Clear to SK-II, including La Mer, Shiseido, and Philosophy's Purity, with unsatisfactory results. The others either cleared the blemishes but dried up my skin or broke me out even more. I tried Awake's Deep Purity Clay Wash as a last resort and am grateful I did! No new blemishes since I started with this, and despite giving me a really clean and fresh feeling, my skin feels soft and not tight at all. I was initially worried that the scrub quality of this wash would make it too harsh for regular use, but I use it twice a day and have no problems (I have combination skin and tend to dry in the cheeks). A wonderful, wonderful cleanser - I will definitely stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 5:03:00 PM More reviews by maurenemm

This has become my staple cleanser. If you mix it with a little water before applying it to your skin, it creates a nice foamy lather. Without water (but with a moist face), it doesn't lather quite as much but then it exfoliates more. The exfoliation particles in the cleanser are just right for me - not too harsh yet they do the job. The cleanser has helped to minimize the appearance of my large pores.

It is a bit expensive. But, it lasts a long time. I have repurchased this product. My only complaint is with the screw top cap. A flip top would've been nicer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2003 10:14:00 PM More reviews by dimples

One of my favorite facial scrubs and possibly one of the best I ever used. Grains are not too coarse and it foams well. I use this twice a week to minimise clogged pores and so far, it has been working well. It leaves a squeeky clean feel after use so may not be very suitable for dry skin. Will definitely get this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MelissaM

This is possibly the best facial scrub I've ever used, usurping even my trusty old Remede Sweep. It's great for people with oily skin, taking all of the grit and grime off the surface so that skin feels squeaky clean without being tight. Sadly, I don't enjoy spending a lot for skin care these days. Maybe when I win the state lottery I can use this product on a routine basis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2002 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Elixir

This is an excellent facial scrub! It states on the packaging that it can be used twice a day.. but I use it once ever other day.. since I dont believe in over scrub my skin.
Keeps my skin smooth, pores clear, takes off all make up.. rinse off clean.. just wonderful overall!
Awake really makes unbelievable skincare products!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2002 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Pauloy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the sample I got of this clay wash. You only need a small amount and it foams wonderfully. Really cleanses skin and sucks up any oil whatsover lingering in your pores, but I found it a bit drying however, because of this. I don't think I could use this everyday as I have combo skin, leaning towards the dry side with oily t-zone. I think once or twice a week in the evenings would work.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2001 10:07:00 PM More reviews by genevieve

This is a nice clay based scrub but I feel I can get a similar product for less money. I have a sample which I used once and haven't used again. Congested skins might like this one....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2001 5:50:00 AM More reviews by msjene

Awake Deep Purity Clay Wash ($30 for 4.2 oz.)
A clay based foam with a slight exfoliating action. A fabulous cleansing option for oily-active skin, especially at night. Also a good alternate cleanser when skin is breaking out. My oily skin has less obvious pores and small blemishes. May be too drying for day and night use for most skin types, and definately not for a normal or drier skin. Also, do not over scrub the face with this cleanser...since it has a slight grain, you don't want to over stimulate your skin.