October 24, 2014 | 1690 users online

Sunscreen - La Roche Posay - Anthelios XL ,SPF 60+

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Mysticmme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: lasted all day while working in the garden. Absorbed easily. Didn't sting or irritate my skin.

Cons: left a noticeably white, shiny cast for about 30 minutes. The US version is not equal to the European version.

I won't buy it again, but I don't regret the purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by geekyn00b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Least terrible sunscreen I've used so far, but I'm *really* not a fan of sunscreen to begin with. Cons: Very shiny. Needs blotting by noon.

Pros: Moisturising. No clogs (and I have huge pores). Mixes with my foundation well. Doesn't run. I never tan wearing this and it's very easy to wash off. Lastly, I've been using it for about 1 year now - the first I've been willing to use up before trying something new. Definately willing to come back to this, and I'll stick with LRP line to try for better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After rave reviews by a few online gurus I was surprised how much I dislike this product. It sits in my drawer and every few months I try it again, to use it up. Each time...
- It feels very heavy and oily
- It aggravates my skin and promotes breakouts
- It make MOLES GROW! Yes, there's something so irritating in this stuff that a few days use will make small moles react to it and start to increase in size. Not good at all!!!
- I definitely cannot use it near my eyes without its oily formula migrating and causing irritation, plus it makes my under-eyes puffy, even though it's a "face and body cream".

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

For a company with such reputation, this product is like Elmer's glue, even it says non-greasy, ultra comfort, yak yak yak etc. Applied on my freshly cleansed dry skin, about 1/3 teaspoonful on face & neck, some 20-30 minutes later, the skin was still tacky; this inaddition with the humidity & warm sweaty weather, my face will be like a Venus Fly Trap. I wouldn't even use it on my arms.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by carissa10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this sunscreen for the high SPF because I am very fair and burn quite easily. I found this product too greasy for my oily skin. It was hard to spread and it did not sink into my skin and it felt like a mask. The next day I had bumps on my forehead. Thankfully Shoppers Drug mart let me exchange it for a different sunscreen. I bought Avene Lait 40 SPF this time (see my review for Avene). Bottom line, this La Roche sunscreen is a bit too greasy for the face, but I am sure if you are on the dry side, it would be ok, but only if you add some powder over top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my fave ever ss.

It is thick and shiny and moisturizes my skin and makes it look amazing. It doesn't flake off like the neutrogena. I like the texture alot and the sun protection really really works.

It lasts on the skin.

It FEELS great.

I fully plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Best sunscreen I've ever used. I thought the price was a bit high, but I've been searching so hard for a good sunscreen that it's definitely worth it.

My skin and the sun do not get along. I have to have a very high SPF or I'll burn almost instantly. Most sunscreens also break me out terribly though, and leave my skin with a greasy film, and that sunscreen smell. I can't stand the texture and smell of 90% of the sunscreens out there.

Never burned when using this, not once. It melts into my skin, and I can wear makeup over it without any problems. I've been using it for 3-4 months and so far no breakouts. It only feels like sunscreen for a few minutes, and eventually just blends into my skin, without leaving behind any smell or visible clue that I'm wearing it. I just love it. And I can actually use the amount I need without feeling like I'm loading it on (tablespoon for face, shot glass for body) because it absorbs so well.

My skin is very happy with this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by lilacs80

Renewed faith in this product. The first time I ever used this was this past summer and around that time, I was trying out a new moisturizer -- biggest mistake ever! After many months and weeks of swapping things in and out of my skin care routine just to see what's messing my skin up, I've worked out the moisturizer was breaking me out! I thought it was this sunscreen that was breaking me out, but it was the moisturizer. I was trying out the Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer. It's terrible. I had rounds of break outs, mostly cystic pimples! Once they start to subside and calm down, another round would come. It was a never ending cycle. I am still dealing with the marks from all this breaking out. Anyways, I used this SPF recently when I went on a trip and it didn't break me out at all. It comes in a small plastic bottle container with a screw top. You have to shake it really well to mix the content up before applying to your face. It absorbs super fast into the skin and it was rather light. It does feel a tad bit greasy initially when I was applying it with my fingers, but once it absorbs into the skin, it's really not a problem at all. And it's not sticky! I think it's a bit on the expensive side and the price is comparable to the department store brands, but I think this is worth the investment. A little bit goes a long way and that little bottle (1.7 oz) has lasted me through the summer and then some. I actually like the small bottle packaging because it's small and the bottle is thin, not big and bulky. I can throw into my makeup bag or handbag and carry it with me. And this will protect from UVA and UVB rays!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by benjina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I have oily skin, this stuff works for me! Even in the hot summer months. I do layer this over a mattifying face lotion, and under a foundation, but it stays put all day. I do have acne-prone skin, and this stuff doesn not break me out. I'm not sure why some people are having a hard time with this product. Maybe they are using too much on their face? A little goes a long way. It is a bit oily, but when a foundation and setting powder is added on top, it's not much of a problem. I love the price point, and will continue to use it, as I have been for over a year now.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Disastrous! I was on a search for a photostable sunscreen that provided great coverage for UVA rays also. This was the number #1 product in regards to protection against UVA rays. A lot of sunscreens only measure UVB by the SPF value. UVA is measured by PA+++, but I have never seen it in any Canadian or U.S sunscreen. It is probably due to labelling requirements by law. Anyways, this completelyyyyyyyyyy clogged my pores. Thank goodness I only tested it on my forehead for 2 days. Prior to putting the sunscreen, I had very smooth skin especially on the forehead. Now, after 2 days of this sunscreen, it's all rough and bumpy. It cost me $28 CDN at shoppers drug mart. I will have to use this on my body. I will stick to Neutrogena Helioplex sunscreen!!!!!!!!!!!!