September 30, 2014 | 1834 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Sushi Flower eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is expensive, because well its Mac! But I'd for sure buy this again, if you like a pinch of color on your lids without being overboard like pinks or peaches this is one step up. its such a gorgeous pinky peachy shade. and of course ,AC shadows are soft and pigmented and long wearing blah blah. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Sushi Flower is a bright vibrant pink shade. I think the moderate pigmentation is a plus with this one, cuz just imagine how it'd look running at full speed. Wouldn't be any close to being wearable.

I've tried it as a crease color and it made me look so sick! Haven't dared try it as a lid color.

So here's the deal to this shade...you layer it and mix it with other shades - don't use it alone if it doesn't work for you. Shades it looks great mixed with are browns and purples.
So you can apply a purple lid color, Sushi Flower in the crease followed by the same purple layered on top of it. It will just give you a beautiful transition.
A fellow MUAer suggested layering it with Twinks. I tried it and it looks fantastic! Am sorry am not sure of the user name who made the suggestion.

Another way I rocked this color, is by applying it on top of a light layer of lip balm. Looks gorgeous as a lip color! Am not sure if it's safe to apply it on the lips though so I don't do this a lot just in case.

I'll be giving it a go as a blusher and update you...

It is definitely a challenging color to work with and can be substituted for a more wearable pink, so I don't think I'll be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was automatically drawn to this colour because it is a beautiful and bright pink in the pan so I bought it. When I swatched it I liked the colour but once I actually went to apply it it was only okay. It was kind of patchy and I had to pack a lot on to get a decent colour. I tried it with just primer and with an eyeshadow base and I didn't know how to make it look nicer. Maybe someday I'll find a good way to use it but for now it's just going to sit in my kit and collect dust. I love MAC but this is a disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this color. I bought it after Allthatglitters21 recommended it. Lol, I sound like such a die hard fan, but it was a pretty color: it's just a very soft, pinky coral color with subtle shimmer in it. Now, I have to agree with some people here. The pigmentation is not that great, you really have to pack it on with a flat, dense brush. I find that MAC 239 is the only brush that can make the best out of this eyeshadow. And I don't think this is an all over eye color for us brown eyed babes out there, but I really like to combine this with blues and browns and even orange colors to give me an dramatic, vampy effect. But for those with blue or green eyes - this is definitely a perfect all over lid color. Combine this with passionate and your blue eyes will almost pop out of your head, I can promise you that.

I won't repurchase though, simply because I don't use it enough to need a new one. But that does not mean I find it useless, this is a very good buy for those who want to fill up a pink based eyeshadow palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by gracymacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

no, just no. this has been sitting in my makeup bag being neglected with good reason. there's little pigmentation, and honestly pink doesn't do anything good for my brown eye. the only reason i have this is because i overdid the pink at prom 5 years ago and looked like a brunette Barbie... :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went out of my way to get this in Duty Free as my local MAC didn't carry it. Was very very disappointed. Not very pigmented, nor was it very blendable. Haven't even used it properly in a look yet, and I've had it about a year. No repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Sushi Flower! For me, and my coloring, I can wear it from morning to evening! On top of the pearl cream base, the color lasts forever! It blends well with a lot of warmer colors and glittery colors. I can't do without Sushi Flower!

I am a fan!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by MissGabrielaB

Hate it as an eyeshadow. I use it as a blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sushi Flower is a nice bright warm pink, that is great for summer, however I find the texture to be lacking for a satin finish, it is quite sheer and hard to pick up pigment in comparison to my Arena eyeshadow which is also a satin.The color is pretty paired with dark browns and beige colors, and it is still usable which is why I gave it 3 lippies, just saying that there is room for improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by MAClover29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i don't know why i have an odd obsession with this product, but i've used it almost everyday since i've had it!
i saw it on a youtube gurus tutorial and i knew that i had to have it. normally i only go for neutral shades but since mac is known for their pigmentation in colors i thought i'd try a gamble and i am so glad i did.
it does come off slightly chalky, but i most often blend this over expensive pink so blending is never an issue. a for sure staple in my kit!