September 22, 2014 | 1931 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Sweet Lust

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lauragreyy

It's a pretty and discrete eyeshadow, but a bit hard to wear. I would describe it as a pinky-champagne colour with quite a lot of sparkles. The colour looks very soft (too soft) on the lid, but the sparkles "fall" to the cheeks a lot, so you need to be extra careful. The packaging is very good, like all of the MAC packagings. For the price, I wish the colour would be more pigmented and the sparkles wouldn't fall as much. Pretty eyeshadow nonetheless.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by abroke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given 'Sweet Lust' by Mac rather than buying it myself so I think that it doesn't bother me (as much) that it isn't as good as expected. It is beautiful to look at but doesn't adhere well to the skin. I've tried it with a few primers but have finally found one that works for me. The E.L.F. primer and liner sealer is great. It is a cream primer and Sweet Lust stuck to it really well. I put it all over my lid and up to my brow then blended MUA's shade 19 into the crease. I then ran a bit of Cork eyeshadow by Mac along the lashline and blended out. Finally I applied some lash defining mascara to my top lashes only and I feel this has really worked. It's a really beautiful neutral look with a tiny amount of glitter.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lilylaugh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sweet Lust is a beautiful pale pink with blue undertones. It is simply gorgeous in the pan. But it disappears on my lids. I am NW15/Nw20. I have to really pack it on on top of Painterly and blended with another color for the most minor effect. And the effect is hideous. Crepe lids. I only use MAC on my lids and this has been the first major disappointment. I tried for 6 mos to make it happen with this color. Giving up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

As a lady of "a certain age" I've been told over and over that shimmery eyeshadows are a no-no. But this one is an exception. I bought it because I needed a pink that was dramatic for Halloween and ended up liking enough to add it to my "everyday" collection of shadows. I used UDPP and it doesn't crease even after a 10 hour day.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The color is GORGEOUS! But this is too much of a glitter bomb for me. Not that I am scared of sparkle, b/c I am definitely NOT...but it just seems that this picks up all the sparkle, no color, then the glitter falls out onto my cheek. I end up getting torked and reaching for a similar shade in my CS Metal Mania Palette. Then if I wanted the sparkles... I add some glitter to the look. Sorry...kinda a dud for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I will start by saying that I wear N5 in MAC studio fix foundation, and I got this to pair with sable for a nice interview safe color and just for a professional look. I have tried and tried over the year that I've owned this color to like, but I keep tossing it to the back of my makeup drawer because it angers me so much.

On my skin it doesn't show up and I'm lucky if I even get the sparkles it has to show. The only reason I haven't tossed it or swaped it away is I haven't found a pink color to replace it (debating getting sin, but it seems to close to this color to chance) so yeah, I've tried 5 different primers underneath this and nothing will work I guess I have a really expensive highlight color for my trouble.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes I would buy it again and again and again. It's the perfect pink. You don't need a whole bunch of pinks, just this one color.

I'm always afraid they are going to discontinue a color, so when I see one, I buy a couple of them. I have enough of this pink to last me a while. It goes on sheer and often with a shimmer. It's good as a base color, or by itself. it's a pretty pink, and I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Penningtonfan676

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a great color in the pan. The fall out is unbelievable. Sparkles go everywhere with this one. It's a nice color to wear wet and gets a bit pinker when worn wet. There is less fall out when you wear it wet as well, but it still has some fall out. That is why I have to subtract one lippie. Otherwise it's really pretty.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a baby pink with pink glitter. This shadow is chunky to apply and is not very highly pigmented. It doesn't seem to show at all on my NW20 skin after seemingly caking it on. It also has a ton of fallout-- I end up with glitter all over my cheeks by the end of the day. For me, this is not a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kelseylicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I fell in love with this color because it looked beautiful in the pan. I was so disappointed in this color though. Chalky & frosty looking. Nearly zero color payoff, no matter how I applied it. I always end up digging it out of the back of my makeup drawer and attempt to make it successful...but this never happens. It always ends up floating back to the makeup graveyard. The only way I have figured to use it is as a highlight (which I rarely do) or as a wash over a darker color. I definitely expected more considering what I paid for this eyeshadow.