August 27, 2014 | 1758 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Open haircolor

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by mondomovies

The best hair color ever - literally the only one that reproduced my original blonde tone to a T! Please bring it back! I will buy it for the rest of my life!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Linda_tsch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i used the light blonde shade on my ashy blonde hair..my hair turned out a VERY VERY light blonde! i thought it was supposed to lift hair only 1 or 2 shades..didnt look bad and my hair wa super-shiny soft, but just too light, may rebuy in perhaps a slightly darker shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by jaxphotogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I pray to the haircolor gods that somehow, some day, this discontinued line will be re-introduced. After it was gone, I travelled to 3 different Big Lots stores in my area and purchased 27 boxes of it. (Imagine me removing three shelves worth of other colors to find mine.) I used Venus 6c (copper light brown). It was perfect, perfect, perfect. My hair never felt dried out, the color was natural, it held up well, and I would have used this stuff for at least a decade if it was still out there. It's very difficult -- okay, impossible -- to find a drugstore hair color that mimics true red hair. Redheads have orange/copper/gold tones to their hair. They do NOT have pink, red, purple, violet, or burgundy. Yet the latter is the base color to nearly every shade of "red" or "auburn" I've tried. The only exception would be L'oreal Feria Copper Shimmer, but it was a bit too bright (and light), and it tended to dry my curly porous hair even more. I've recently started to mix shades of Revlon Color Silk to try to replicate the look that L'oreal Open gave me. Close, but no cigar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2006 9:30:00 PM More reviews by electricstrm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wish they had not discontinued Open. I'm already a blonde and just looking for a dye to go 2 shades lighter. This was it !! It really dint damage my hair much and gave me glowing, soft, natural looking hair. I dye my hair only eavery 3 months and in between my roots did not stand out because the color was not opaque and it gently fades.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

its an ok product... color doesnt tend to turn out on asian hair =( its one of the more horrid smelling hairdyes... wont buy again unless its on a major sale

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2005 1:47:00 AM More reviews by maquillage

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I WOULD Buy this if I could. I had the most compliments on my hair when I used "OPEN"! A shame that it is being discontinued. I great product....but what a strange name! The marketing guru that OK'd that had one Cosmopolitan too many!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2005 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I REALLY like this, i remember it was my first (and only) dye that i've ever used lol! The color goes on very nicely and evenly, does not sting my scalp like most dyes (i'm sensitive), and does not dye your skin either! But what i love most about this is the CONDITIONER that comes with it! My god! After i used it, my hair became like a baby's hair; SOOO soft and was SHINY like crazy! Almost prismatic lol! Then my cousin kept touching and complementing my shiny hair, then this stranger came up to praise them, and finally my hairstylist's helper who was straightening my hair told me my hair is THE SILKIEST she's ever seen and touched! Ahh...made my days...lol, i've tried several other l'oreal's deep conditionners but none can compare to this one, so now i buy the Open hairdye just for the conditionner inside lol! So anyone know where to buy the conditionner separately or what it's called (cuz it doesn't have an official name)??!?! Please inform me! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2005 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

its too bad loreal disc this stuff i really liked it it was my favorites at teh store, it worked better and it not fade as fast as their feria colors. even the people at sally's were like dont get feria, color doesnt stick and what does fades fast...yeah it would have been better if i had known b4 spending 10 bucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by TaroReadr

I hate to post this as a review but...try Big Lots. I've seen it there and it's cheap to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2004 9:55:00 PM More reviews by cecilia507

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

sad news! After spending a week looking for Open at my local pharmacies (in NYC) I wrote to L'Oreal who informed me that the "product is being discontinued". Oh no....