April 24, 2014 | 930 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Indian Summer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

A great cheap neutral duo for those who are cooler toned (if warm toned I recommend their cocoa delight duo the same brown but with a neutral cream highlight shade). Unfortunately too cool for me the highlight shade appears a frosty silver on me but the brown is lovely. For those who are not warm toned this is an excellent budget beauty staple. Maybelline shadows have come a long way as of late.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The darker color is great. A nice mid-tone brown that blends well and goes with a lot of other colors. I dislike the lighter color, as I find it to be a bit silvery/frosty on me. Good packaging, slim enough to fit in any makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I love this duo! The lightest color is a great matte and incredibly subtle highlighter, while the dark color is great for shading AND filling in my eyebrows. I love a product that can be so versatile, and I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Loved the original Indian Summer (manufactured pre-2005); I returned this one to the store. Light shade too white and dark shade too dark for eye shading, more like an eyeliner shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never saw the old version of Indian Summer, so I can't compare the two..which I'm glad for, because I really like this duo. I've never paid much attention to Maybelline, but lately the quality seems to be getting better and I was interested in trying a few things out from them. I like the brown colour much better than the creamy highlight, which seems to have random glitter pieces in it, but they still look nice on and they blend really nicely. The brown is way more pigmented than I was expecting too, which is a plus. I'm actually much more impressed than I was thought I would be. The colours are great for a neutral, work friendly look..the only reason it's not a 5 is because the of the glitter in the highlight colour, and the fact the quality of that colour is a little lacking compared to the brown. Otherwise, I'm really happy with this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Sonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love the colour...i use it for the outer v, crease...looks great with my green, lavender and pink eye shadows...could use sparingly under lower lash line...
this colour works great on a brown eyed tan skinned girl like me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never used the old product but I spotted this at CVs when I was browsing for a brow powder...this color was identical to the one I was going to buy for $3 more so i thought I'd try it and it works great for me. I dye my hair a dark auburn and this matches well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sad because they d/c'd the old color and came out with a completely different shade with the same name! Imagine my confusion when I got to the store. So I tried the newly formulated shade because the original was so pretty and unique. Blah. Its okay. Nothing spectacular and mostly forgettable. Its a matte, taupe shade and makes my eyes look flat and boring. Adding a little shimmery highlight helps but I am just not as impressed as I was with the original. Boo to Maybelline. I am detracting lippies out of principle and because I am a little bitter. And because the shade is not that note worthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Indian Summer. I didn't realize there use to be another color. Wonder why the company changed it? I'm sure it was just as pretty. I had a sales clerk in a store give me a compliment on this eyeshadow. She said she sure wished she could achieve a look like mine so I told her it was called Indian Summer by Maybelline and she thanked me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jengirl_714

I miss the old Indian Summer duo (with shimmer)! It was a silvery shimmery grayish brown that made my blue eyes pop and look absolutely gorgeous. I've been on the prowl for the past two years looking for a replacement e/s and haven't found it yet. If anybody knows of a good replacement for the old Indian Summer please let me know! : )