August 28, 2014 | 1812 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Age Defying Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by SkiingGal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great stuff! I had been using it for years (up to 2005) and then stopped and tried other stuff. Nothing else worked as well. Fortunately I had stockpiled about 5 or 6 jars of the stuff and recently thought I'd try it again on what I thought was a sligtht case of rosacea. It worked fabulously! I'm done with the bumps; the skin is smooth and even toned! Why would Ponds discontinue this? Except that it's TOO good for OTC?
    FYI ladies, AHA and retinal products are the two ingredients that really work. Look for them when you shop!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by fqari84

I hate Ponds!!! They discontinued this!!!! It contains AHA as one of the ingredients and thats probably why they pulled it down the shelves!!
    But then AHA is what makes some of their products work really well....this, the original spot corrector (which they've now reformulated into little q-tip sticks), and a few others...i'm so disappointed!!
    I'm gonna start using Neostrata's 10% AHA lotion...it's not gonna be a cheaper alternative, but, hey, atleast i know for sure i'll be getting results!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Jiketsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Why was this discontinued? It worked really well on my blemish prone skin. As others have said, it moisturizes yet exfoliates at the same time. I'd use this at night, and it helped reduce pimples, smooth out my complexion, and soothe dry flaky patches I'd occasioanlly get around my mouth. It may have been a little sticky, and sometimes stung for a few minutes, but in the morning, I'd always wake up with glowing soft skin. I recently found a bottle in my house with less than half left. I've been using it again, and forgot how good it was. Ponds ADL come back. :-(

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Jessica_Dior

i love this stuff

): i can't believe the line disappeared

it was great stuff

ponds goofed big time ):

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh please tell me they didn't replace this product with the new line??? I only just found this stuff (yet another item stolen from my mother's vast collection of skincare items). It has helped even out my skin tone tremendously and leaves my skin so soft and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2005 10:05:00 AM More reviews by appleblossom

Whenever my skin feels rough or flakey I use this at night and it stings and reddens my skin for a minute but the next morning my skin is smoother. And I find it a little sticky, but over all good product and inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2004 2:59:00 AM More reviews by semarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Bought this as an anti-aging treatment and it has helped clear my skin(exfoliating properties). I've noticed that in the last two weeks I've been using this, that my skin's texture has changed and looks fabulous. My pores are smaller, skin is smooth (shiny/glowy new skin but not oily), and it doesn't irritate my skin. It has glycolic acid, retinol, retinyl palmitate, retinyl acetate, vitamin c,and vitamin e. I strongly recommend this product for those of you that can tolerate aha's and need to liven up your complexion. I often layer this with neutrogena anti-wrinkle antiblemish treatment to keep acne away. This product is definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2003 8:00:00 PM More reviews by klasejoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very good moisturizer so far. The lotion is light, oil-free, and hasn't clogged my pores. This gives my face a smooth texture after using it every night for a couple of weeks. I recommend this to anyone looking for a lotion and exfoliant in one. This might be too irritating for sensitive skin because of the 8% glycolic acid.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2003 8:48:00 PM More reviews by carolmaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using either this product or Alpha Hydrox 10% plus spf 15 twice a day for ten years. My skin has barely changed, line wise. It has a glowing, even texture when I use this. Luckily I don't have sensitive skin at all, but if you do, I suggest you use a small amount at first and wait a while after you wash your face. Great texture and scent!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2003 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Sweetcaroline98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this once a month for a week straight cause my skin can't take anymore than that.
    But it does the job - just I can't use it right after I wash my face. Being that my pores are more open then I get a burning sensation at first.
    but I do like it