April 23, 2014 | 1118 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast Pearl in Blush Pearl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by junglequeenjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the other reviews. This is a great long-lasting lipstick that is YLBB. It's a nice berry-plum color that lasts all day without feeling tight and dry. I had no problems with it cracking off or getting dry and uncomfortable. It's great for a natural look that will be no-fuss all day long. And...I liked the natural flushed look so much, I actually wore this shade for my own wedding. Yep. I wore Cover Girl. I can definitely vouch for this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2005 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product IS all that. This is my second Outlast purchase (I also have one in the lite/sheer formula) and I am very pleased. If your lips aren't prone to dryness, you'll probably like it too. This is a beautiful glowy, pearly, earthy rose color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by britishdame

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OHMYGAWD! I AM IN HEAVEN!!! After years of searching and miles of shopping isles I can finally rest! This is by far THE BEST long lastng Lip Color out there. I purchased both the Blush Pearl and Malt Pearl. Both are perfect, pouty, shimmery colors that look so amazing and sexy. A little goes a long way.....just a few dabs, then press your lips together. Wait a few minutes and add a touch of the gloss....PERFECT!! There is NO drying, NO pealing and No bad taste or odor! Just PERFECT long lasting shimmery color.
Believe me girls if you are like me and have tried every long lasting lip color out there and have been disappointed, YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS! BELIEVE me girls, your searching will end here! I have tried only the 2 Pearl colors but can't wait to try more! THANK YOU COVER GIRL :)!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2005 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Hanyougirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really, REALLY didn't like this lip gloss/stick/??? It made a mess of my lips, and dried them out like you wouldn't believe! the color did last all day, but little flakes came off all day too making my lips look gawd-awful! I would never purchace this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2005 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ah63

This color is a light pink/mauve with shimmer. Too bad it was too light for me (MMM). I still gave it four lippies because I think the formula is awesome for the price. BTW, one tip on application, used to have problems with dryness and flaking till I started exfoliating my lips with a damp wash cloth beforehand and now the color really lasts without flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2005 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Short_and_sweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally we have a kiss proof, transfer proof, all day lipcolor (depending on how much you eat). I can sleep in this lipstick and it's still on in the morning. Before I didn't like to wear lipstick because it looks tacky when it comes off on everything, but with Outlast Pearls I'm totally comfortable with lipcolor.

Even my mother, who rarely tries new things, immediately grabbed the bottle and put it on when she saw this color on me. I was shocked! Now she wears it whenever she wants lipstick.

Ladies, I encourage you to do yourself a favor and buy the Outlast Pearl formula (not Outlast), in any shade, as soon as possible. This is hands down the best long-wearing lipstick out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2004 10:58:00 AM More reviews by trixkiddo

As a lipstick, Outlast in Blush Pearl is ok. It looks natural enough, a shimmery blue-toned blush. It lasted at least eight hours on me if I didn't do any major eating or kissing. But it dried my lips out, even with the gloss coat. However, I discovered this makes an incredible blush stain and this makes it worth it.
It stays on and gives me an wonderful, "just got in from the cold" flush that looks great. I have found the perfect replacement for the overrated Benetint. For that, I give it 4 lippies

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YAHOO! I finally found my HG semi-permanent lippie! Cover Girl you have my unwavering gratitude for creating this beautiful shade, as well as the other Outlast Pearls in general! Blush Pearl is a gorgeous shade, it's a slightly frosty, neutral rosey mauve with just a touch of brown in it. I honestly think it would look good on anyone and with most makeup looks. I wasn't overly impressed with CG's regular outlast shades but was hoping the pearls would look more natural on and they sure do! I wore this stuff to a wedding on the weekend, and after applying it to completely clean bare lips letting it dry and constantly reapplying the moisture topcoat-my lipcolour did not budge AT ALL and looked beautiful and natural all night. It looked and felt so much nicer than all of those yucky, crumbly, dry matte semi-perm lippies on the market. I absolutely love this and it will forever have a place in my beauty arsenal! :)

EDIT- I have since discovered better semi-permanent lippies such as Revlon Colorstay Overtime Sheer and am no long using this.It it still a decent product though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2004 12:45:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had completely given up on Outlast, as the matte shades did nothing for me but ball up on the outer edges of my lips and wear off on the inner part, giving me the dreaded "bj" lip look. But, after reading the reviews on the new Pearls line, I thought I'd give it another try...and I am glad I did!

This one, Blush Pearl, is a great pinkish-brown, and it is a versatile everyday color. I find this interchangable with Malt Pearl, as both are pinkish-brown. (Both are MLBB colors...Malt being a bit more pink, and Blush being a bit more brown...you'd think it would be the other way 'round, wouldn't you?)

How I apply is this...I wipe off every bit of excess product on the lip of the bottle, until I can actually see the white on the fuzzy tip. I apply VERY LIGHTLY to my lower lip, and then immediately take my finger and smudge it, wiping off any excess, until just an incredibly light tint remains. I then do the same to the upper lip, wiping and wiping until I get any excess color removed. I wait the required minute or so, and then apply the glossy topcoat. Believe it or not, this gives an incredibly light stain of color that lasts! I am taking off one lippie for the fact that I do have to jump through such hoops to make this work without being overpowering. That, and it does have a tendency to wear off sooner than it ought.

What I like about this, as opposed to the original Outlast, is that even when the glossy topcoat wears off, there is enough shimmer to this color that it still looks like glossy lipstick...so if I can't reapply immediately, it doesn't matter as it still looks nice. The top of the gloss comes off in my purse, and that bugs me...and, if I were CG, I would make the gloss in a smaller size as well as the large size, so as to better fit in a purse or pocket. But, all in all, a much-improved Outlast! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Joanie41

Wow! I had completely given up on this product, since every other color I had tried either was ugly, or peeled off my lips from the inside, as others have described. But this one is really nice. Pretty, subtle (!) color, and it has lasted on me for hours, even after a greasy meal at McDonalds. Really happy to find this one -- strongly suggest you try it. I don't know why, but it seems to work much better than the other Outlast shades I have tried.