October 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Loose To Go

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by imkayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is defiantly one of those underdog products. The ones who should be recognized more. I love all of their powder products. Since I do have dry skin, I was really surprised when the product worked with my skin type! I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by violina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so I got this one for pretty cheap but since I'm big on travelling I figured I'd give it a go. It's worth it. It does a fantastic job whether I'm in CA, NY, or Egypt and that to me is perfect. Mine has a bit of green powder in it so I get great coverage. The brush could stand to be a bit better but that's just fine with me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2006 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ChevygaL4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Found this at a discount warehouse for $1.99 - the only color they had was #3530 - Loose Highlighter. I do agree with other reviewers... it is a little too dark for my light skin, but I like the packaging idea. For $1.99, I really have no serious complaints =o)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2006 11:46:00 PM More reviews by suerobchandler

This is the best powder I've used, The multi colours blend so nicely and it doesn't look like chalk as most loose powders do. It lasts all day. I have normal skin with a few hormonal pimples, this powder does not cause breakouts, at first I had trouble getting the powder out so i took a knife and just lifted up the slots a bit, now it crumbles perfectly and I can get just the right amount not like most powders where you dip the brush in and get way too much!I used to carry it around with me in my purse but then I realized that i never need to use it throught the day so I stopped carrying it. I love physcians formula the best out of all the drugstore brands. I especially like that they dont test on animals, which is important. I refuse to buy from companies that continue to test on animals as there is enough quality companies that dont, to choose from.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2005 6:13:00 PM More reviews by SouthDakotaPrincess

I actually like the container. It's cute and convenient for travel (loose powder that doesn't shake out everywhere). The problem I have is with the powder itself. The idea of mixing different colored powders for a more-natural-looking finish is good, but only if your skin tone is in the middle of these different colors! This powder was way too dark for my pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 7:21:00 PM More reviews by dior_duchess

Normally I place a lot of faith in Physician's Formula, because their blushes are so gorgeous and they seem to have an attractive, expansive selection of powders and foundations as well. "Loose To Go" powder looked interesting, and being a sucker for unique products, I bought. Well, I can't say I'm disappointed, but I can't say I'm thrilled, either. The packaging, which intrigued me in the first place, now seems inconvenient and gimmicky. Using my powder brush to apply it almost seems like a chore, and with school starting up shortly the last thing I need is a bulky, mechanical transluscent powder to carry around. The application wasn't totally even, maybe because I could only retrieve a centimeter of powder at a time. I found myself thinking, "I don't have time for this" on more than one occasion. However, the quality of the powder itself isn't cakey or unappealing, so I can't give this a low rating. I'm not totally unhappy with this, but I know I'll move on to an easier powder within a couple weeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2005 3:55:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in the brightening formula with the 4 colors-that are supposed to give you a healthy look and even out skin tone and it was horrid on me! I am PPP and it looked like a clown-and the grinder is awful! My face was pinkish orange-I will not buy again and in fact took it back! Too expensive as well-for what it is supposed to be, at least, in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2004 6:20:00 AM More reviews by mizzypuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the most bizzare loose powder container I've ever used. It took me a while to figure out how to use it. =^^;=

This powder is made up of multiple colors to help blend in and even out your skintone. Even the translucent was too dark for me, and it felt pretty rough and dry for loose powder, in my opinion. It felt like I was wearing cornstarch on my face. It didn't keep my face matte for very long, and it didn't spread very well, either. Coverage was light, and mostly uneven because of the mutiple colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2004 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The idea of this stuff was really interesting, and I love PF products, so I got it. You really have to crank the hell out of the grinder to get enough powder and then is settles back into the cracks of the grinder when you use it. I try it with a big round brush instead of the one they give you.. it does an alright job. I like the Pearls of Perfection powder more.
UPDATE - Switched to Bare Minerals. No comparison.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kimbleB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PF is seriously one of my favorite cosmetics companies. I mean, their products *seem* overpriced for drugstore cosmetics but the quality is phenomenal.
This powder comes in a little container as a solid and you rotate a sifting mechanism over the powder to produce a loose powder in single doses. It has a teensy bit of shimmer to it which is just lovely and it highlights yet hides shadows nicely. I have gone thru 3 of the multi-color powder palettes but I like this more.
The one I bought had a "Get $4.00 off now" coupon on it, so keep your eyes out for that.
continued >>