October 22, 2014 | 932 users online

Styling Products - Alberto Vo5 - detangle and shine spray

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Norvia

Love this product. I have very fine long hair and it gets tangled all the time! I decided to try this product out and omg I love it! I've recomended this to everyone i know that has the same problem as me and they love it as well. The only problem I have is i can not find it anywhere. Hope they haven't discontinued this product because I honestly don't think I can find anything better than this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am surprised at the relatively above-average rating for this product because it is CRAP!!! It actually made my hair even more tangled and less shiny!! And worst part of all--it broke out my forehead in all these horrible flesh-colored clogged pores that took forever to get rid of! I hated this and was ready to get rid of it after I discovered all these issues. Sad that this didn't work but it only cost a couple dollars, so I didn't feel to guilty parting ways with this product after all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I see their are mixed reviews here. I personally like this. I was in the supermarket and noticed not a lot of companies still do the spray leave in conditioners. I remember in the 90's every brand seemed to have one. I grabbed Alberto Vo5 because it's so cheap. I think it's not the best out there but it still works very good. I do have to spritz a lot in to get the best results (12-15 pumps of spray). My hair is very thick, color treated, dry, long past bra strap and has the annoying texture of straight AND wavy with a whole lot of frizz. I spray this on before I brush and blow dry. I feel that it does a good job detangling but a mediocre job at providing shine (I have to add a different product for more shine). I like the scent of this and feel this is nice for people who are sensitive to scents. Obviously, you need to use a regular conditioner in the shower because this, imo is a very light conditioner. I rate this a 4 because it's a good product for the price. However, I think I when I run out of this, I wil search for a better one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by fiberartist219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product when I first bought it, but I think my hormones have changed since then, and it's just not enough for my gnarly hair anymore.

It's great for detangling and adding extra softness to the ends of your hair, but it's not a stand alone conditioner. I still need to use a traditional conditioner in the shower, and then I can use this in addition to that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this ♥! It's super cheap and really works at getting those gnarly tangles out. If I didn't have this for my comb out after my shower I literally would lose fist fulls of hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mia429

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome product! and affordable! I had issues with my hair getting oily within 1 day of shampooing and now I realize it is because my hair/scalp was dry!! Using this after shampooing, has helped moisturize my hair/scalp so the shampoo's last upto 3 days!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This works!! and it's so cheap! don't buy expensive designer brand hair products!
This detangles and does not leave hair feeling oily or greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupgal47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been through several bottles of this product. I use it as a leave in conditioner when I get out of the shower. You can also use it to get out tangles. Very nice product. I love it!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

It dried my hair out, which caused it to tangle more...didn't do it for me at all. It didn't make it soft or managable, I could barely get a comb to go through it. Left it dull, ugh. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to give products bad reviews but i feel robbed after purchasing this. My hair is very dry and damaged from coloring and using a hot iron. So i bought this on the promise that it would detangle and condition my hair. It did nothing. I might as well have sprayed pure alcohol on my hair! It's awful. Does NOT detangle, does NOT condition. It's just like spraying alcohol or water on your hair. Dried it out even more. I want my money back! Awful! Do not buy!