Lancome Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

3.6

on 8/17/2015 1:48:00 PM

Tried a million mascaras and this is my favorite. Criteria for a good mascara is that it holds up the curl I've made with my curler all day with some drama and no flaking and this is the first that delivers all of the above. Loved Benefit's they're real mascara but this is similar but better since there's way less flaking.

on 8/2/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Can't believe it took me so long to try this! I'm actually surprised that the rating here isn't much higher considering the great word-of-mouth I've noticed. My only complaint is the price, though if it lasts for 4-5 months, I'll forgive it that. I'd been on a drugstore brand hunt and had found a few--especially Illegal Lengths--to do a good job of lengthening and not smudging or running. I seemed to go through it rather rapidly, but my only real complaint was that it seemed to disappear as the day went on, and I would get tiny flakes, but only after 8-10 hours.

For some reason, I wanted to try the Longcils Boncza. Despite the raves, it was a total zero for me. PITA to apply (though that probably would have gotten better with time), nothing special in the look, but the biggie was that any yawn would turn me into Tammy Faye Bakker!

And so to this. Absolutely wonderful! Easy to use, STAYS, doesn't run AT ALL, doesn't flake AT ALL for at least 12 hours--and it's easy to take off with their remover (expensive), or with Maybelline Clean Express (dirt cheap).

I also love that I didn't have to blot the wand before using for the first few weeks. And, oh yes, it holds a curl--all day.

Total WIN!

on 5/15/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Because of my oily lids, watery eyes, and propensity to cry whenever something is the slightest bit touching, I always wear waterproof mascara. This one doesn't budge, but although it does give me the natural, defined look I prefer, I find its application too much of a hassle for the rather dear price.

PROS
- Stays put all day, even when I cry! (I typically don't wear mascara on my lower lashes, so that probably helps.)
- When carefully applied, gives my naturally long, fairly full lashes exactly the subtle drama I want.
- Not too harsh a black for my fair coloring.
- Seems to hold curl well, although I admit that isn't something I have to be too concerned about.
- Dries fairly quickly.
- No flaking.

CONS
- Expensive.
- Clumpy and sticky right out of the tube. I always have to wipe off extra product on a tissue before applying. Every time I skip that step I regret it! Time-consuming and wasteful.
- I find the wand a little tricky to maneuver at the inner corner of my eyes. Often I wind up having to clean up my eyelid afterward.

This mascara's lasting power does make it difficult to remove. I've found that Clinique's Take the Day Off Makeup Remover does the job thoroughly, as long as I'm patient. Lancome's Bi-Facil is even better.

on 1/9/2015 10:37:00 PM

After using benefit they're real for a couple of years, I wanted to try a new brand that was better. After a ton of research on reviews from many blogs and websites, I ended up purchasing this one. It's GREAT! I love how it's so easy to apply, doesn't clump, feels light and smooth, and gives a very natural look. The staying power is awesome and doesn't smudge down my eyes at the end of a working day like the benefit brand did. It is also easy to remove. Love it and will repurchase!!!

on 6/28/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is my HG mascara and has been for years. I always wear waterproof or my mascara would be all over my face. I wear it in brown as I find the black to look fake looking, I like it to look more natural and brown does just that.

I do wish that the price for this was not so high. That is its only downfall. Otherwise it is just wonderful.

on 12/27/2013 5:47:00 PM

I decided to test out this mascara thinking it would be good for everyday use. It holds a curl very well, I have to give the mascara that much. In terms of length and volume, this did nothing besides darken my lashes a bit. It was clumpy and was tricky to work with. I do like how it's a drier formula but that's about it. Very disappointed especially for the price point. I will be exchanging this for something else.

on 10/24/2013 2:32:00 PM

This mascara works well the first few times. It makes your lashes look beautiful however after 5+ uses, I notice the formula gets a little dry and also gets clumpy and especially flakey. It definitely is waterproof as I've worn it through numerous hot yoga classes but I notice the flakiness that falls on my cheeks and at times in my eyes. Not very fun since I'm a contact lenses wearer.

on 6/23/2013 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, this mascara is clumpy. Because lengthening mascaras are clumpy. It is, however, a very nice mascara and I use it every day. I put on a coat of Shiseido Nourishing Mascara base, then carefully apply this mascara over that while it's still wet. As long as I go slowly with the application I have zero problems. I generally use one or two coats of this as a base (it holds a curl like nobody's business) and throw on a final coat of a volumizing mascara to finish. I never have any problems with flaking and certainly no irritation with my contacts.

on 4/24/2013 5:38:00 PM

I was not overly impressed with this mascera compared to all of the other high end masceras that I have used before. There was nothing special about it.

on 2/25/2013 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used Definifils Waterproof in black for years now. It's as good as a waterproof mascara is going to get. Pros: Great brush, gives long almost clump-free lashes, waterproof as all heck and almost flakeproof. Cons: Some days the same tube works better than on other days (don't know why), dries out quickly, can be a tad clumpy if you apply more than 2-3 coats, dryish so it can flake a bit and the price, of course. Also, for some reason it's also hit-or-miss on buying a good tube. Tips: make sure to place brush at very base of lashes and glide slowy from base to tip, let dry in between coats and every once in a while (when too much mascara comes out of tube on the wand), wipe excess off w/ a tissue. Best waterproof mascara on the market now, almost perfect but there is room for slight improvement.

Top Rated Lancome Products