April 17, 2014 | 2008 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils waterproof

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I decided to test out this mascara thinking it would be good for everyday use. It holds a curl very well, I have to give the mascara that much. In terms of length and volume, this did nothing besides darken my lashes a bit. It was clumpy and was tricky to work with. I do like how it's a drier formula but that's about it. Very disappointed especially for the price point. I will be exchanging this for something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Jmarz888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara works well the first few times. It makes your lashes look beautiful however after 5+ uses, I notice the formula gets a little dry and also gets clumpy and especially flakey. It definitely is waterproof as I've worn it through numerous hot yoga classes but I notice the flakiness that falls on my cheeks and at times in my eyes. Not very fun since I'm a contact lenses wearer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, this mascara is clumpy. Because lengthening mascaras are clumpy. It is, however, a very nice mascara and I use it every day. I put on a coat of Shiseido Nourishing Mascara base, then carefully apply this mascara over that while it's still wet. As long as I go slowly with the application I have zero problems. I generally use one or two coats of this as a base (it holds a curl like nobody's business) and throw on a final coat of a volumizing mascara to finish. I never have any problems with flaking and certainly no irritation with my contacts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mika20

I was not overly impressed with this mascera compared to all of the other high end masceras that I have used before. There was nothing special about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used Definifils Waterproof in black for years now. It's as good as a waterproof mascara is going to get. Pros: Great brush, gives long almost clump-free lashes, waterproof as all heck and almost flakeproof. Cons: Some days the same tube works better than on other days (don't know why), dries out quickly, can be a tad clumpy if you apply more than 2-3 coats, dryish so it can flake a bit and the price, of course. Also, for some reason it's also hit-or-miss on buying a good tube. Tips: make sure to place brush at very base of lashes and glide slowy from base to tip, let dry in between coats and every once in a while (when too much mascara comes out of tube on the wand), wipe excess off w/ a tissue. Best waterproof mascara on the market now, almost perfect but there is room for slight improvement.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by thud

My previous HG was Prescriptives' mascara and it's been hard to find a suitable replacement but Definicils comes pretty close. I use waterproof mascara because I have oily lids, so I can't speak to its waterproof properties in actual water but I can say this doesn't cause too much in the way of raccoon eyes. It separates nicely and doesn't look too clumpy. I'd say this is a good mascara if you want to look like you have naturally beautiful lashes (which I do) but not if you want Zooey Deschanel in false eyelashes-type volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by bengiozbas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For those who wear contact lenses, be aware of this product. It sticks on your contacts, clumps, burns non-stop and makes your eyes feel heavy. I personally hated it. I'm not into waterproof products anyway. I recommend touch proof ones and regular lancome mascaras are much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by oliviabiba

After reading and hearing so much about Lancôme mascaras I thought I'd give it a try, so I purchased this one through Brigette's Boutique for a reasonable price (something like 20 dollars). I was incredibly disappointed.

First of all, I thought there was a problem with my product because it was very very dry. So I went online and after reading some other reviews I saw that this was not my bad luck - that's just how the product is. So it is very dry and because of that incredibly hard to build it up without looking clumpy. It lenghtens ok and separates, but honestly, my Colossal from Maybelline does a better job than that. Oh, and even the Maybelline mascaras come off easier than this one. It is IMPOSSIBLE to take this off and in the effort I lost a lot of lashes.

And the packaging... It NEVER really closes. So it makes even easier to dry out.

So, maybe this is just the waterproof version, but I really hated it. Now I'm back to my Eyeko one, which at the time I bought this Lancome one I couldn't buy because it was out of stock. The Eyeko continues to be the best mascara for me: it lenghtens ans separates and it is sooo black.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by loganavenue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara on the market for those of us with poker straight, thick lashes. We have unique problems. Once my lashes are curled I need to apply a waterproof formula mascara in order for the curl to stay. And not all waterproof mascaras are formulated the same way. I've purchased some WPF mascaras that, while they may be waterproof, don't hold the curl. This mascara does it all. My curl stays in my lashes until I remove this mascara and NONE of this mascara deposits under my eye - NONE. I can't always afford to purchase this mascara and sometimes settle with great lash waterproof mascara but it just isn't the same. I try to purchase this mascara when there is a bonus on which Lancôme often features. I remove this mascara with Lancôme's Bi-Facils Double Action eye makeup remover which I ALWAYS have on hand because it removes makeup like a dream and there is no tugging or rubbing involved on my eye area. (But that's another review. ). All in all, I can say that this mascara is the Cadillac of mascaras for me and my needs.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Laetitia1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG Mascara!

I've NEVER been able to wear mascara without 'smudging' I've tried masacara's ranging from £3 - £20 but this at £21.50 was a shock - I mean really.. £21.50 on mascara!!! (it looses one lipstick for price!)

BUT it works, it defines, stays in place and doesnt smudge I can go to work and not have panda eyes by midday GREAT!

It does clog up slightly so just wipe the brush if you need and it IS difficult to remove, I use Clinique (purple) eye make up remover and it works well but you'd have no chance with soap and water!

I needed a wedding mascara that lasted the day and I've found it, problem is I'm now addicited and at £21.50 I'm hoping it lasts well!