September 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Faces, spf 30

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by laynnia

The product caused me to break out! I thought it was a new cleanser I was using but once I eliminated everything else it became clear that this was the cause! It made my skin greasy (I have combo skin) and pimply!! All within a week. I am back to using my trusty Coppertone Oil Free Faces! The only reason I tried this was that it was discounted at the time. Not going to buy or use it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Please note that there are some ingredients in all suncreens that will be allergenic to some folks. There is a difference between sunscreens and sunblocks. For folks that have sensitivities, you'll have to head for the things like Neutrogena's Sunblock for sensitive skin. These are based on titanium and zinc sort of blocks that literally block sunrays, and are recommended by dermatologists for people unable to tolerate the chemicals. Personally, I can't handle ANY of the chemical sunscreens and have to use the Neutrogena. Too bad. I really miss the Bullfrog and the Banana Boat for convenience. But I have the same reaction as the next reviewer down. It feels like a burning sensation with a severe itch that goes along with it, and it persists for at least three days following. Horrible. But it is not the fault of the sunscreen; it's a personal reaction- an allergy or sensitivity (to things like the oxycinnamate, etc). Check the labels and do a "patch" test if you worry about sensitivity. BTW, some of these chemicals are just fine until activated by time in direct sunlight. It's a very individual thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by hannah16

I thought I my face was stinging from the sun while I was outside tanning and didn't think this could do it. My face felt like it was on FIRE. It was horibble and my skin is rarely this sensitive. I was only using the sunscreen for my face anyways. I ended up coming in early because of the pain my face was in. Especially underneath my eyes were on fire. It was horrible. DO NOT USE this. I ended up switching to some body sunscreen and even that is better than this shit.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by KATHRYNNEANNE

I bought this sunscreen because it's photostable and because of the good reviews. My kids play baseball and soccer, so I'm outside a lot and wanted something that I could use as both a moisturizer and sunscreen. Unfortunately this product stung my face every time I used it. I gave up after a week or so and went to the Clinique counter for some City Block 25 which is a physical sunscreen. I've used the Neutrogena Dry touch before which is a chemical sunscreen like the Banana Boat without any trouble, so I was surprised that I had a reaction to this sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2005 7:42:00 AM More reviews by cantik88

I had the same experience breaking out on my face. It happened some time in July and it stays till now. Will not want to buy this product any more!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by biscotti1

I had the same experience with this breaking me out on my face and neck. BB says it is hypoallergenic but something in it didn't agree with my skin. Would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2004 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Isletfemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This sunscreen broke out my skin. I am dissapointed because BB claims that this is formulated for the face, and would not cause breakouts. Will not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2004 2:38:00 PM More reviews by estesmcc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Supposedly this sunscreen is formulated for use on your face. However, it contains camphor and stings almost every place it touches. Since that is not what I am looking for in a sunscreen, I think that I will pass on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2003 3:39:00 AM More reviews by caseycoolq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This sunscreen felt very emollient and slightly greasy going on but surprisingly didn't cause any greasies even though I wore it on a few rather hot and humid days. Thought I'd found my perfect sunscreen until it broke me out rather badly and a quick check of the ingredients found that it was camphor. Ergh, stopped using it immediately and my skin cleared up the next day. Great broadspectrum sunscreen, just not all that suitable for faces even though it's supposed to be formulated for faces!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2003 4:07:00 PM More reviews by camiller

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this sunscreen all over my face, and I've had no problems at all with it with regard to skin irritation, although it does give a slightly 'greasy' look and feel. I've used the other Vitaskin product, the spf 50 on my skin, which is slightly thicker and has a mild cocoabutter smell, but it doesn't make my face as greasy as the Vitaskin Faces. I usually add a few drops of my Almay bronzer liquid to it, to give me some color. The pump on my bottle clogs often. This is a good product, not great, I will use it up, but I may not purchase it again.