October 31, 2014 | 799 users online

Liquid - Agnes B. - Shake Shake! Balancing foundation for combination skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2005 4:49:00 PM More reviews by LunchattheIvy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A fairly decent mattifying foundation. I find it's a bit cakey, but does a good job of keeping my face clean of oil. Very limited range of shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2004 2:54:00 PM More reviews by sephorajunkie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great matifying foundation for my T Zone! I use this in the summer so I don't have to powder and it really seems to work. Fairly inexpensive compared to my usual LORAC.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2003 7:40:00 AM More reviews by tvdiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've got dry, moderately sensitive skin in blueish PPP. Foundation shopping is an exercise in near-futility for me. That said...

I give Shake! Shake! a big No! No!. It's _really_ watery when it goes on, but turns to dull, stiff clay after just a couple hours. If I perspired, it ran in rivulets of orange ick down my face. Yes, _orange_. The lightest shade is _slightly_ more orange than the catalogue depicts, but as I went about my day, it would grow even more yucky-dead orange right there on my face. Also, it reeks like rancid alcohol (if you can imagine such a thing), and brought on a terrible fit of dryness on my forehead, nose, and chin. Couldn't put it on my cheeks or anywhere near my eyes at all. And, yes, I suspect I'm allergic to something in it.

Not recommended, particularly if you've got a cooler-toned complexion and/or have slightly+ sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2003 2:54:00 PM More reviews by jscarey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered this product, but returned it. I didn't like the way it blended on my skin or the coverage it provides. I've discovered that I prefer L'Oreal's Ideal Balance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2003 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Kogyaru_Geisha

This foundation is great stuff!!! It's matifying on the oily zones and hydrating on the dry zones. I chose the palest colour and it's the exact same colour as my skin I don't even need to put any on my neck because there is no difference of colour at all!
It's quite light and very liquid (it may be hard to apply at first because of that) but it spreads easily and it almost feels like powder when I spread it.
And the greatest part is that it looks natural. My mother generally knows if I'm wearing foundation or not but when I first put this on she didn't see it.
It looks like real skin but in better. And it doesn't cause dryness or irritation it really respects the skin.