October 21, 2014 | 973 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - Bronzer Brush 19

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by IfyCynthetic

This is the best brush I've ever had. As a professional makeup artist, I have loads of brushes but this beats all of them by far.
I saw it with a customer of mine and from the way she was handling it, it was obvious she didn't know the value. I took a good look at it and found out it was by NARS. I knew anything from NARS had to be good quality. I offered to buy it from her and she sold it for a whooping $4. I didn't think twice. I paid immediately.
After she left, I decided to use my new brush in applying my IMAN luminous foundation (clay 3) which I had already lost interest in and boy, my face glowed. The bristles are stiff and they do the job. It's not scratchy at all and I now started seeing my iman as a brand new product. I would re-purchase dis brush over and over again. It's so fantastic.
*i hope the woman I bought it from never discovers the value* hehehe

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is great for bronzer, it blends like a dream and picks up product well. Right now it picks up a little too much for my pale skin, but if I ever got some color again and could handle more bronzer then I'd use it. Right now I use it to blend areas that need a little help in blending, whether it be the blush or sculpting powder. I love the feel of the bristles, you can tell it's very good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by llamamonster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush! It is my first (and only) Nars brush but I am glad I splashed out and bought it!
It applies everything so smoothly, and is perfect for powders and liquid foundation. It even made my cheapy 17 bronzer that was far too orange and sparkly work nicely!
I've seen reviews of people saying that its too scratchy or hard, mine seems fine, but you do need a stiffer brush to evenly apply bronzer otherwise it will apply unevenly.
It was extremely expensive, but I think its worth it, and it seems sturdy enough that I won't need to repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like how unique NARS brushes are, and this one is no exception. It is very versatile and can be used for blush, bronzer, powder, and even liquid foundation. I purchased this to apply my liquid foundation since its pretty much a Kabuki brush with a longer handle.The bristles are quite rough, but if you wash this a few times it gets softer. I do think the roughness helps blend things better so they are not blotchy. I really have nothing bad to say here, it is quite a great brush, and like someone on here mentioned, some people find it absurd to buy a brush for $52, yet they'll spend that amount on foundation or blushes which last a few months. However a brush will last you a lifetime with great care. In conclusion, this is a useful brush that can substitute many brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this brush. I use it on a daily basis for everything from buffing mineral foundation in, blush, bronzer, setting powder, you name it. I love its huge thick handle, because to me it feels easier to grip. This is by far my favorite face brush. Basically the only thing I DON'T use this for is my liquid foundation...I use my fingers for that because I feel like my foundation gets too cakey if I apply with a foundation brush or my MAC 187.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my big 4, my buffing brushes. It's a great brush, but my Smashbox #19 is better, because it does the job as well and is much much softer. My MAC #182 is much the same as the Smashbox, but with a shorter handle. (Your choice.) And my Nars Botan is probably the best for buffing, but it's big, big, big.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I was not impressed with the brush. It's $2 less than my beloved Smashbox #19 brush but I feel that it's an inferior brush. The sexy black handle is, as always, gorgeous and high quality but the bristles are too scratchy for me. It reminds me of a Bare Escentuals brush, which I hate. My Smashbox brush is much softer and denser. Now, if the Nars bronzer brush was half the price of my Smashbox then I can see keeping it around. If you're looking for a softer version of the Nars bronzer brush, try the Smashbox #19.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this brush is pricey, but i love it. i love all things nars and this is no exception. i use this to plend my face powder and to apply bronzer. i didn't find that the bristles were rough at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by twinx31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't wear bronzer so I used this brush for applying liquid foundation. It is amazing for this purpose!! It blends perfectly and leaves you with a airbrushed appearance. I have it up for swap because I have purchase the MAC #187 skunk brush and it has sadly replaced this fantastic brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by sayakka

this brush has very ROUGH bristles. it's a good one applying liquid foundation and NARS bronzer which is pressed very tightly. after a few washes, it WILL become softer but still, feel this very rough on the skin. hm...the price is also steep..$75 CDN :(

Edit:i'm raising my lippies, as i have washed the brush for several months although i am not using it. it does feel a lot softer now, so i might consider start using this brush. after so many washes though, it shed only 2 tiny hair, so i'm satisfied.