April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar - Exfoliating

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Chloelou42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product smells and feels great on skin. Doesnt do much exfoliating though.
Irritates my skin and causes breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by leavetaken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my fave of all dove soaps. loved the nutrium pink bars, they had white and pink stripes but those are d/c. and these exfoliating bars are even better.

the smell is different than the original and also from any of the others. its an amazing smell. you can use the soap itself as a loofah since it has little beads. beads made of organic matter like apricot kernal are rough-edged and can damage you, but these manufactured blue beads are not harsh.

since its so cheap you can really lather up too, which feels nice. you can't do that with lush products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Love this moisturizing soap! Leaves my skin moisturizerized and soft but not oily. And gently exfoliates leaving my skin looking healthy. And has a night light scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by erika123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I am a dove lover - my cabinet is full of the soaps...however the absolutely best one for your face to make it clear and beautiful is this exfoliating bar - I don't use it for that purpose, just to wash with - I first use baby oil wipe off with warm wet wash cloth and then wash with the dove bar and my skin is just freaking fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have used this for about 8 years and I still stock up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. I have acne prone skin. I wash with this and it removes every trace of makeup and mascara. It also leaves my skin feeling clean with no residue on it. It's cleared my skin up from acne and makes my pores look smaller. What a great inexpensive way to beautiful skin! Thank you Dove. Now please don't discontinue!
UPDATE! Yep after about 2 weeks it started breaking me out. And what's with the film left behind? I went back to my Neutrogena clear bar and wow, what a difference. With Neutrogena your face actually feels clean. With Dove, there's a definite slick / film / something that you can't wash off no matter what you do. Sorry but will not be repurchasing. Feel free to discontinue Dove. And same for your shampoos and conditioners. NOT!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by milll

i use this for scrub, body wash, and recently, in place of shaving cream. it has a great lather, the signature dove scent and a whole lotta moisture. the main difference between this and the original are the small blue scrubbing beads in this soap. i dont know if this is more expensive than the original but the scrubbing beads make it that much better- such a great soap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only bar soap I will ever buy, period. It is incredibly moisturizing, and with long-term use you will notice the exfoliation. It smells great, is inexpensive, and works well. I have repurchased dozens of times and plan to continue.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This soap is the first I am trialling by Dove. The exfoliating properties are pretty much defunct in this bar as there are a few scratchy things lodged into the bar but it won't cut the mustard if you are looking at cracked heels and tough knees. It does lather up nicely but leaves my skin very itchy.

I will not be repurchasing and will be trying the sensitive bar next in the hopes that it doesn't make me itchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by omgitsmeagain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yes this soap has done miracles to my acne. The best soap for your face and body.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by cepauloar

Reviews are tru, this soap doesn't really exfoliate but I like it a lot because it leaves my skin feeling really soft and doesn't dry it. I use a loofah to exfoliate and clean my skin in the shower everyday anyway. Dove's the only drugstore brand of soap that I use. I like the smell of this bar soap way better that that from the original one, it's milder and less powdery.