July 26, 2014 | 1098 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Wet Shine Diamonds - Cherry Carats

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to get this from a wonderful swapper as an extra! I own probably somewhere close to 100 (I'm afraid to count, LOL) different shades of nail polish, but I definitely do not have a dupe of this one. I'd describe the color as a maraschino cherry red with silver & pinkish glitter with almost a jelly finish. That might sound garish to a lot of people, but IMO it's really not, & I'm more of a classic colors/fashions type of gal. I think this color could work just as easily during spring & summer as well as during the winter holidays. It does dry fast, but the surface is a bit bumpy with the glitter I think. That can be remedied though with an extra layer of top coat, so it's not a deal breaker for me. I would repurchase again if I came across another bottle of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

I found this gem at of all places, the Dollar Tree! Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds in Cherry Carats is such a beautiful shade of a (slightly pink) bing cherry with a glowy shimmer throughout. Application was a breeze~and dried fast. I applied an Orly base and a Revlon Colorstay Topcoat to keep this looking fab, and after 3 days, its still looking great. I love how Cherry Carats dries to almost a jelly finish. It looks so fresh and can be worn throughout the year. How perfect would this be during the holidays? I'd totally pick this over ChG Ruby Pumps any day..

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Eeeeeeee! So pretty!!! This is a super glossy pinked red with red sparkles in it. Applies like a dream, has a beautiful finish, and looks great on toes. I'm not daring enough to wear it on tips, though.

Pics:Nails continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2004 5:32:00 AM More reviews by foirfe

In the bottle, Cherry Carats is a gorgeous red with silver sparkles. On your nails, it is more of a pinkish red, with sporadic sparkles. Seeing that this was the Diamond line, I expected a lot more glitter and shine. The colour does look very sexy on toes, but it is really nothing special. The consistency of the polish was nice, as was drying time. Once dry, nails do not really have a very smooth finish, but top coat fixes that right up. A good buy for my money, but I was really expecting more of shiny 'diamond' effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2003 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Miss_J

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I think of this polish, one word sums it all up- sexy. I love to wear this when I go out because it gets all of the guys attention and the other girls pinks and beiges pale in comparison to this sparking cherry red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2003 1:37:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color. I can see myself reaching for this one over and over again. On me it appears more as a pink-based red rather than a blue one and looks very accurate to the name. I really love the glitter and shimmer of this line--I like wearing brighter, shinier colors on my toes and these really fit the bill. The grittier texture makes the polish a bit more prone to chipping so use a base and top coat for a longer lasting manicure/pedicure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2003 12:33:00 AM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is such a pretty red with shimmery micro glitter :) It's a blue based true red that flatters my skintone incredibly. I have to find a similar match by OPI though *my fav!* This lasts about 4-5 days on toes (for me) :) I really like this color, and if I see another that catches my eye, I'll definitely buy :)