July 31, 2014 | 1341 users online

Treatments (Face) - Aveda - Night Nutrients

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by nisey_nyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stopped into Aveda the other day to pick up a fresh bottle of Night Nutrients and was disappointed to learn that the product has been discontinued*. Fortunately, I was able to order a few bottles through the aveda.com website.

Night Nutrients is a silky serum that glides onto skin; according to the packaging, it "nourishes and restores skin overnight." I use this product under my moisturizer and find that it helps my moisturizer work much, much better than alone. I've noticed that if I skip using this product, my skin looks very dull and tight the next day, even with use of moisturizer; in fact, I ran out and had not yet purchased a replacement bottle -- my supervisor asked if I was okay because my skin looked "stressed" -- not a pimple or whitehead in sight, just some dullness from a few missed nights of Night Nutrients. This is an absolute, can't do without, HG for me.

Packaging is pretty -- 1 oz. glass bottle with plastic pump dispenser. There's no cap, but the pump can be twisted to lock for travel. I always put first aid tape on the pump and toss it in a Ziploc bag when traveling because I'm paranoid about spills/leaks. A bottle tends to last me about 6 months using 3 pumps/day for face/neck/décolletage.

*I can't figure out why Aveda would discontinue this product! It has a 52 reviews with a 5 star rating on the Aveda site.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by teeswaran

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Aveda has discontinued this product!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

I've been using this for a year or 2 and can't love without it. I love how this has a velvet like richness to it, it doesn't leave you oily or anything. I use it every night or if i'm a bit dry in the day too and it works well!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by 1234anna2580

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I whole heartedly love this product! It makes my skin amazingly soft, feels silky going on, and soaks up immediately. The price is neither horrible or great, but considering how long a bottle last (I've been using it every night for about 2 months and I still have 2/3 left) it's definitely more than manageable . The frosted glass bottle looks pretty too. The only problem I have, which I'm not sure if it's just a defect with this particular problem or just how the packaging is, is that the pump doesn't lock so you can't throw it in your make-up bag or anything because it could get pressed accidently.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by fern20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dehydrated and sensitive skin that turns red whenever I have any sort of emotion. (Not Rosacea, and it's quite embarrassing really) Nothing I have tried has been able to tone down this redness. I started using Night Nutrients a few months back and I have to say, it has been a major help in reducing the redness on my face and neck. I use it every night after washing my face and follow it up with a moisturizer. When I wake up in the morning my skin is soft and not at all flaky. My only complaint about this product, is that after I used it for about a week, I started getting small pimples on my chin and forehead. I soon found that whenever I noticed a breakout coming on, as long as I stop putting the NN on the area, the breakout usually goes away within a day. I would definitely buy this product again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by HollyMarie

I purchased this after getting an Aveda facial..I think its just okay--kind of wished I never purchased it. Makes your skin soft but did not notice anything beneficial..(wanted at least my face to be more even) Not too impressed..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2007 5:56:00 AM More reviews by jentalkin2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this stuff! It's my HG "night cream" (it's a serum) that I keep coming back to over and over again after I try cheaper, less effective, night treatments at the d/s. This is full of antioxidants that are great for your skin. When I wake up in the morning my face looks soft and supple and smooth. The consistency is wonderful - one pump literally glides over your whole face and neck. Plus, the pretty glass pump bottle "locks" which makes it great for traveling. I am breakout prone and this product works wonders on my skin. I've never had problems with any Aveda products breaking me out. I highly recommend this product! Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by nakupenda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend shared this with me this winter to see if it would help with my parched, flakey skin. I was uncertain after testing it on my hand because it does feel oily due to the silicone base but after using it nightly for a week, I saw a drastic difference. All my irritated dry patches (forehead, nose, chin) were soothed and the flaking gone. When I went to buy my own bottle, the Aveda SA said it could be used as moisturizer all on its own for dry to very dry skin as well as an anti-oxidant Vit A/C/E treatment serum. While I love how it nourished and "healed" my skin condition, I think this is pushing it. It worked well as a treatment under my moisturizer, but would not recommend it as a stand alone. FYI, the MA said it also works great as a makeup primer under foundation and concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2006 10:11:00 AM More reviews by DommeDiva

I wanted to start using a serum and this one seems to have alot of good stuff in it. I've only used it for two days straight so Im not sure if I see any results, although...my skin feels soft and moisturized (even though Im not wearing any moisturizer today). I like this product, I feel like my skin is pampered and cared for...

UPDATE: this stuff gave me blackheads!! ewww

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by kkss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good product, basic antioxident serum, one word of advice, this product works much better on an exfoliated face. I do not exfoliate every day and I noticed that on days I do not, this serum seems to just sit on top of my skin and even causes some clogged pores.