July 31, 2014 | 1940 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast in Ever Red-y

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used these lipsticks in high school (which was a while ago). I bought one recently because I remember loving them back then. Um, no. I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking. The lip color dried in a patchy way - it didn't provide complete coverage at all. Then, once it dried, it absolutely sucked every last bit of moisture out of my lips. The top coat doesn't do enough to really fix that. It's way too light to be effective. Sure, the stuff stays, but not all over the lips. It leaves a disgusting, cracked, crusty ring over only certain areas. I don't know how I ever liked this stuff. This pales in comparison to absolutely every other lip product I've tried. Literally. Every one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by achick

I got this after seeing it rec. in a magazine. I had been wanting a red lip product that isn't lipstick.

The color is horrible and it doesn't go on nicely. I thought it would be a good red that would work on many complexions, but I was so wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Laurafergs

I've been getting into red lipstick recently (Chanel Rouge Allure in Enthusiast, Rimmel Moisture Renew in Rose Passion and Cover Girl Outlast Shine Duo in Candy Apple) and this is exactly what I have been searching for. It can be matte (w/out the moisture top coat), shiny or glossy. The colour makes my fair skin seem to glow/be clearer/even paler ;D - it is the most perfect colour of red I've found yet. There are some problems with how well the colour does stay (i.e. thru eating something oily or having applied too much product) but I find that the choice to wear a lipcolour that is a little drying/difficult to apply but that doesn't budge over a moisturising/easy to apply + correct lipcolour that smudges and that I have to reapply is easy to make.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by dionysa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine had a nautical-themed party where I decided to dress as a pin-up inspired sailor. I needed a true, vintage red shade of lipstick that I wouldn't have to reapply every time I had a drink. This lipstick worked perfectly! It lasted all night, I only had to do light touch-ups on the inner part of my mouth and reapply the gloss once, but it still would have looked okay if I hadn't.

Do be careful that your lips are nicely conditioned but free of any kind of chap stick, liner, or gloss underneath or this lipstick will not go on correctly. Works best when you apply 2-3 thin layers one at a time, drying completely in between. Also make sure the lipstick is completely dry before applying the gloss.

Reviews are right that this is a very true red. After reading reviews, I found this on eBay for $4 with shipping! I'm happy with this purchase; long-wearing, great color, and very cheap! This color also matches closely to OPI's "The Thrill of Brazil" nail lacquer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by dropsical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do a lot of plays, and save one, where I was the Virgin Mary, my characters have always been the saucy, old-school types that would wear red lipstick and nothing but red lipstick.

Stick lipstick is a pain to deal with during shows because it inevitably ends up on your teeth. So I spent half an hour in Wal-Mart trying to find a long-wearing lipstick that was a true red red, not a ruby. This was the truest red, and I love it. I've used it in every production I've been in since I bought it, and I wear it to weddings and other party type events where I need a base coat under my gloss that will last. I don't use the conditioner stick that comes with it, usually I cover it with a sheer gloss in a pink or nude to tone down the color if I need, or just something clear to add shine. You can also use less and smudge it with your finger to tone down the color intensity.

It does dry a little bit, but all long-wear lipsticks and glosses do. And you just can't beat that true, cherry red, retro color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 1:15:00 AM More reviews by poldanser

this is the same as the max factor lipfinity. does last through a meal but can tend to peel off the inner bit of my lower lips.apply lip colour let dry and then apply the provided clear balm and it feels just like any creamy lipstick. this colour is a red with blue tone, looks gorgoeus on warm toned people. it retails for AUD19.95 in australia.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2006 9:49:00 PM More reviews by tout_les_temps

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

even though I have purchased a whole lotta these I never use the chap stick that comes with it. Therefore I have a bunch of these buggers.
I DO like this color greatly, like the lady below me said, it's a true red.
I have worn this for almost 4 yrs. It's not an orange red it's blue red.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2005 8:40:00 PM More reviews by riotingpacifist

I've never been a lipstick person, but after being told numerous times how good I would look in red lipstick, I decided to take the plunge and get a cheap red. This is a bright, classic, Marilyn Monroe red, which is exactly what I was looking for. And I will say this: it DOES outlast. I only wore it for about an hour just to feel it out, but it took me 3 applications of makeup remover to get MOST (not even all!) of it off. My big problem is with the color applicator, it makes it too hard to 'color in the lines' of my lips, any minor dot outside my lipline can be seen a mile away, and the color makes my lips feel very sticky, then as time goes on, very dry. I don't even use the topcoat, I use my own lip balm, which worked much better. And if you have any variety of lip/mouth jewelry, beware. My lip rings have a pink tinge to them now because I got some of the color on them. Overall, I prefer it to the bullet lipsticks, which always slide right off my lips no matter what I do, but watch for dryness and overzealous color.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Sanida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate this product. For starters, it was impossible to apply due to the applicator. It would spread unevenly and dry in patches. It dried my lips so much, regardless of how much I applied the moisturiser. Don't buy this product its a total dud. I'm hoping Covergirl will exchange it with something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2004 6:27:00 PM More reviews by jitterbugdoll

I used to wear this lipstick a lot (even at my wedding)--it's a nice bright, true red. I like it for its dramatic impact--I am a very fair-skinned blonde with green eyes. I've since moved on to MAC Ruby Woo, but would come back to this one for its staying power!