August 20, 2014 | 2117 users online

Hair Color - Fudge - Paint Box Hair Color

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by taylajc

I personally thought paintbox worked really well for me . I bleached over my dark (dyed) hair .. it went to a shocking yellow/orange but that didn't bother me .. the lighter the better . I then put the "purple haze" paintbox in and yeah it stained really well and had a nice vibrant colour . Will deffintly buy again . Trick is to leave it in as long as you can , not shampoo it as much , avoid really hot water and condition well . :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by andyleaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried fudge a few times, hoping that maybe different colors would prove better than eachother, but its quite an average product in my opinion. I have tried Blue Velvet, Purple Haze, Pink Moon, Green Envy and Goldfinger.
Blue Velvet was a dusty, bright blue. It didn't last long, it started fading after about a week. It faded into a really gross silvery/blue/green color.
Purple Haze worked quite well. It was a very bright purple and faded into a really nice grey/lilac. I would recommend this for people wanting a lilac kind of look.
Pink Moon was was a bright pink color, it faded into a light pink (as you would assume). It's an okay color to use.
Green Envy was a very bright lime-green. It didnt last very long and faded into a really gross yellow color. I wouldnt recommend it.
Goldfinger didn't really work at all in my hair. I have blonde hair but it looked more yellow than gold/orange. I wouldnt recommend it.
In conclusion, fudge is very average. I have tried MUCH better hair dyes; but if you would like a temporary hair dye, it is pretty good, but it's a bit too expensive I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by deejayspaniel

Fudge has to be one of the best hair dyes I have ever used. I have waist length thick hair and I only needed one tube of Corvette Red and my hair is vivid! At only $18 a tube, it's really great! :D I'm very happy with the result.

The only problem I found is that it doesn't come with gloves, but we have some at home so it's not a problem. To the people complaining about its stain-ability, that's the REASON it works. It stains the hair. I will admit that it stained my shower recess and sink, but it's easy to deal with, just smear a white toothpaste over the stain, wait until it dries then scrub off. Easy peasy!

I 100% recommend this dye!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by yasemin2594

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review for colour Raspberry Beret. My hair is a dark blonde shade and I wanted dark pinky purple ends. The product didn't come with gloves which was a let down but i used cling film...which didn't really work; ended up with hot pink hands. I only left it on for about 10 mins and it proper dyed the ends of my hair. The colour is like the hair dye itself. However, it took forever to get out after dying it, had to shampoo it about 5 times to get the water to run clear. Also it stained the floor of my shower so I had to bleach and scrub really hard to get it off. I am pleased with the results just wish it didn't stain so easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these dyes, they work the best out of what I have tried (admittedly not very many but including Manic Panic). I use Raspberry Beret diluted with conditioner to dye my blonde (platinum) hair pastel baby pink, or sometimes I'll mix Raspberry Beret, Electric Blue and conditioner to make a pastel lilac/lavender. As a pastel they last about a week, I redo every weekend. Good quality dyes for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by catlady21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use Fudge Paintbox in the Clockwork Orange shade to boost my pale copper highlights. My highlights look fab when they are first done but after 2 washes the copper starts to fade (as does any red/copper shade unfortunately). The great thing about the Clockwork Orange shade is that unlike many red toners it is more 'orange' based than pinkish red (think Bree from Desperate Housewives).
The product is easy to apply straight from the bottle and 1 bottle usually does me 2 applications. My hair is just below shoulder length. After applying the colour I wrap my hair in a plastic bag and leave it on for 30 mins.
Fudge Paintbox retails for around 7.50 -10 in the UK.
On the down side I find that I have to reapply this product every 4 or 5 washes as it seems to wash out quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by MissNoirNoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

It seems I am always going back to Fudge Paintbox colours when I want to 'rejuvenate' my hair between permanent colours or add in a reflect to my hair. In Australia, the prices varies depending where you go; at most beauty/hair shops it's around $20 and comes in a 75 ml bottle. I find for long hair (mine is almost to my lower back and I'm 5"2) you need almost 2 full bottles. I apply first to roots with a hair-dying brush and then applied all over. Then I cover with a shower cap and blast my hair with a hairdryer on a low setting for 5-10 mins to help the colour develop and leave for around 25-30 mins. *remember to cover bench tops/ yourself well because this dye stains like mad**
The beauty about these colours is you can use a colour alone or you can mix together to get the desired look you want (If you Google "fudge paintbox" you should find a pdf link to a formula guide showing you combinations from pastel colours to 'normal' shades).
A few years back, I had loads of blonde in my natural brunette hair which consequently made my hair more porous/dry. I purchased Raspberry Beret, but was told it wouldn't do anything too drastic to my hair. After application and drying my hair, I discovered to my delight (and parent's horror), that my long hair turned shades magenta pink, being more lighter/intense on the blonde strands. The colour was going strong for 3 weeks, but I was forced to colour over it due to a new job.
Now that my hair is quite dark (almost black), I normally mix Blueberry Hill with Goldfinger, or Blueberry Hill with Raspberry Beret which provides a nice purple/pink glow to my hair in sunlight.
I would recommend trying these colours out for yourself because really, depending on your hair colour and type, they will give you various results. Naturally if you want to go for the colour in the bottle, you need to pre-lighten your hair, but if you want to add sheen or quirkiness to your hair, give it a go.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

Not exactly sure if i did something wrong, but this stuff didn't work at all! I put foils in my sisters hair using the Fudge Paint Box in Purple Haze and after waiting 30mins then rinsing - there was no difference at all! We even waited till her hair had completely dried and it looked exactly the same as before! It may be because she had dark hair (with bits of brown from previous dye) but it should have at least had a subtle difference right? If i could, i would give this product no lippies ):

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is great! I used to wear pretty flamingo & the purple shade & it always looked amazing. The colour never lasts as long as I wanted - I remember the purple fading into a blue colour pretty much after 4 washes.

A great set of vibrant colours, love em!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fudge gets trashed on all the unnatural colour messageboards/groups, but Cherry Bomb
was my go-to red for nearly two years and it always gave fantastic results. I also used a primary blue colour and it worked well and stayed blue while fading instead of turning that horrible silver many blues turn. All the colours I used were super bright, gave uniform coverage despite having a few patches of really damaged hair, and had good staying power. No complaints except for the small tube size.