November 26, 2014 | 977 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Vanilla Musk

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Errai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of vanilla scents but I'm not overly fond of this cologne. There is a discernible vanilla scent mixed in there but it's not a full bodied vanilla so I can't help but feel that the scent is synthetic and something is lacking. It also feels like the spiciness from the wood notes take away from the softness of usual vanilla fragrances. I can easily see myself becoming nauseated with this scent after a while.

It's not for me but I can see how others may like it. It's a warm scent that isn't overly sweet. Maybe it's just my body chemistry that makes it not work. Lasting power is about 5 hours for me. Perhaps I'll use it for layering instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Vanilla Musk is so light and demure, yet powerful on its spices. It's a gentle vanilla musk to go to bed with, to hold a baby with, an unassuming fragrance that won't turn heads but will make your skin smell very, very good. It's a faint musk with strong spices and an over wash of vanilla that hits you immediately on the first spray in a delightful mix that makes you come back for more.
Its' initial spritz is glorious with a zesty lemon that has one drooling and dreaming of lemon cream pie. It's absolutely delicious. I can't get enough of the beginning notes of this cologne spray. No alcohol whizz, just immediate gratification and pleasure from the first spray through to the end. It's a little stronger than one might think for a cologne spray, and it does radiate well. Lasting power is not that well, two hours at best. Although, for a cologne, that would be decent. Considering some of today's Eau de Parfums, it holds its own in longevity.
A little bit of burnt logs thrown in for good measure which only adds to this old stand-by of drugstore classics. A creamy, cooked vanilla pudding from scratch comes to mind when I smell my wrist with Vanilla Musk. The type of pudding that's been left on the stove a little too long and has some burnt crisp edges along the sides of the pot.
A scrumptious winter-time fragrance for those snowy days in front of the fire, watching the snowflakes fall.
Fragrance Notes: Sandalwood, Musk, Vanilla, Cedar.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by perfumefanatic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wonderful vanilla/musk/rosewood combo. Incredible lasting power, as many below have stated, you only need a small spray to last through out the day.
Men seem to love this, I always get positive comments and in fact while shopping for electronics, one of the salesmen made a point to come over and ask me exactly what the perfume I was wearing was, because he wanted to buy some for his wife:) I was more than happy to tell him and point him in the direction of the drugstore nearby where it is easily obtained.
A great perfume doesn't have to be outrageously expensive, only made from quality ingredients and Vanilla Musk is proof of that! Best worn in wintertime, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by erikabrining

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to fragrance. It's a lovely scent with a good balance of vanilla, musk and sandalwood. It lasts all day, doesn't cost all that much, and my husband and kids all say I smell yummy. Every once in awhile I'll go through a floral or coconut phase, but I always come back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As others have noted, the initial blast of this is off-putting. I think it's a little heavy on the alcohol. So my way around this is to spray one spritz on myself 20 minutes before I leave for wherever I'm going, and by the time I get there I smell just wonderful. One spritz is all it takes. There's just the right mix of vanilla and sandalwood in this fragrance; I don't consider it especially musky, actually - I do like musk, but this is more sandalwood, at least on me. I love it and wish that some of my other, more expensive, fragrances would suit me half as well as this, but I take the small victories where I can get 'em. Five stars all the way.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by ilovemacchiato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It takes awhile before I can smell the vanilla. It smells good, but there is not enough vanilla for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Jeanbean7777

Beautiful! ......really smells good in winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's so cozy and warm. I have an older bottle I rediscovered a couple months ago. I assume the formula is around about the same.

If this works with your body chemistry what a lucky woman you are. So it's not 60$ an oz. I'm okay with that. It's such a comfortable fragrance! I have to say out of quite a few perfumes I own I feel like this cheapie works the best with my body chemistry. A little alluring, but classic in and of itself. Sweet but not overbearingly so. This vanilla and musk formula just work together. Creamy, classic, warm, inviting, a delicate spicy musk touch. I just love Coty's Vanilla Musk.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Vanilla is always a favorite of mine to wear, and I think this perfume costs around $20 a bottle? Give or take. It comes with 1 oz. of product. It actually lasts a long time on your skin, and it mixes well with a lot of skin. A vanilla or warm scented lotion makes this last even longer on your skin. I always sprayed a few puffs out each time I used it. This vanilla isn't very bright and peppy. It's more feminine and seductive and sexy. This isn't child's traditional vanilla icecream. It smells like vanilla and sandalwood to me. Not sandalwood's biggest fan here, but I am for vanilla and this smells great! It has a slight metallic edge to it, but it's not a main key. Packaging is cute. The box is a nice cream color. The product itself is a translucent yellow in a clear bottle. I love the lid! The lid is a bronze color with designs in a deeper bronze. It looks like plants. I have bought this product 3 times, love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

Vanilla, musk and Sandalwood should be very pleasing to me but this one has a sharp, synthetic note on me. The initial spray is almost bitter but the dry down is better. I do not get much sweetness. I think I would like it with more vanilla. EDIT: This fragance is very lasting.