Revlon Flex Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lauramide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Perfume (Fragrance), Hexylcinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Abies Balsamea Resin (Balsam Canada), Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 4, Red 33

on 5/27/2014 6:36:00 PM

I have been looking for my flex shampoo and conditioner for a while. I don't understand why stores don't carry this product. It is great, I have been trying to find a great shampoo and conditioner since. Have had no luck, found it online and bought both. Happy person now that I have it. Will get rid of the other shampoo and conditioner:):)

on 5/25/2014 9:37:00 AM

Oh, Flex. There are so many things i want to say. First of all, I love the smell. My dad used to use this, so it reminds me of him. I just wish the scent would have lingered in my hair longer. I bought a 15 oz bottle and it took me well over a year to use up, so it's definitely a good value. But my hair gets super sweaty and dirty in my job, and I didn't feel like it did a good enough job of cutting through it. Not only that, it was extremely drying. Between the conditioners I was using (that weren't doing enough) and this, my ends would split like nobody's business. So alas, poor Flex. I wanted to love you, but it wasn't meant to be. I'll give you 3 lippies, because you're not the worst I've ever used, but you're far from the best.

on 1/30/2014 1:54:00 PM

I love this shampoo and have used it since I was a little girl. I went on a quest after they discontinued it here because I know they still make it in some countries. Now I find it at anythingindian.biz . I order a few at a time so I don't run out. I hope they never stop making this!!

on 12/9/2012 9:31:00 AM

Flex shampoo is a staple with a lot of motels/hotels because its so cheap. I've only used this when on vacation somewhere and I forgot to bring my own shampoo. It dries out my hair and the scent is horrible!

on 9/1/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I hate to bring down the rating but I think I might have been allergic to one of its ingridients coz I used this shampoo for the first time, my hair went to an island where its never before and never will be there(Thank Goodness for that). The moment I took my hair out of the towel after using Flex, my hair was a total mess. It had got tangled to an extent that I couldnt think of detangling it with a comb. I dreaded it. Withing 15 min of shower, I again hustled back to the bathroom and shampooed again with a differnt shampoo. My hair got better to an extent. It took one week for me to bring my hair back to normal

on 2/19/2012 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, but I cant buy it anymore I think it was discontinued but for the life of me cant figure out why.

on 8/29/2011 2:32:00 PM

you people will be surprized to hear, it worked exactly the same on my hair as sunsilk co-creation mustard oil shampoo. exactly the same!!!!! if sunsilk mustard oil shampoo suits your hair, this will do nothing new. its a little dilute in consistency than sunsilk, but they give more amount of shampoo for the same price so that equals them both. its not bad, but i guess my hopes were too high.

on 7/19/2010 8:48:00 AM

I love, love, love this shampoo! My favorite is the Ultra Clean one. It makes my hair full, soft, shiny and very clean. No build up & it does not seem to dry it out either. The smell is the best part, it reminds me of the 80s when I was a teenager & used to use this often. A huge bottle of this normally cost under $2, though this is getting harder & harder to find since it's been discontinued (yikes!). A couple of alternative's for those who don't like the scent of mainstream shampoos are Nature's Gate Herbal Shampoo, which has a spicy smell, or Aubrey Organics GPB Protein, which is also a balsam and protein shampoo.

on 5/31/2010 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Saw this at Big Lots for a $1.20 and had to purchase it. The scent is all about the 80's. Love the smell. I had to give it 5 lippies, even though it's not the best shampoo and it's really drying if you use it everyday, but I just L-O-V-E the scent, it brings me back. I use it as my once a week clarifying shampoo and it works fine for that.

on 5/31/2010 2:32:00 AM

I really love this smell, I would use it as a perfume, a body lotion a shower gel .

Of all the different versions I think I like the volumising one the best , which I think is the same as the original balsam and protein formula.
They have messed around renaming repackaging and relaunching this shampoo so many times no wonder they think it is a failing product .

After not seeing it in shops for almost 10 years ( though the occasional tacky littlemarket stall has it) I recently found a bottle in a Pound Shop , that gave me a clue that it was discontinued .
The packaging was totally different ( the smell is just as dreamy though ) and the writing appeared to be Hungarian.

I asked the man behind the counter and he said whenever he gets his stock it goes out in days and some people stockpile it .
Another classic is about to become extinct due to Revlon's foolish business plans. I have just joined the Facebook group " Bring back Flex shampoo " it might not make a difference but I will sleep easier at night knowing I tried.