April 24, 2014 | 1117 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Smoothing Cream Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Lilypily93

This broke me out terribly. The coverage wasn't that great either. Really disappointed

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Yummy1Mummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This concealer is AMAZING for the under eye area! Its like it has been air-brushed! It hides all my lines and dark circles, looks fantastic. I think it makes me look a lot younger and i really notice it in photographs.

I don't use this concealer for general blemishes, like the brown spots on my face, its useless for covering them. But for my eye area- totally amazing. I use a separate concealer for brown/sun spots. If you are looking for an overall concealer, this isn't it.

I do love this product and will keep buying it to make my eyes look young and fresh!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this! I'm a bit lighter than NC30 with strong yellow/light olive undertones and Smooth Light blends with my skin tone very nicely :) It feels silky and creamy upon application, I didn't find it to be gray or dull as some reviewers have mentioned, it looks absolutely gorgeous on me! It did crease just a bit under my eyes after a few hours but nothing major, a little pat and it was fresh again. It's not oil controlling nor does it claim to be, so get those tissues ready if you're oily skinned like me.

Price is very reasonable, $23, but I got a very generous sample for free at Macy's which will probably last me a month or longer! :) I tried a few other Estee Lauder concealers but none were as nice as this one (too cakey or too watery), they definitely hit the mark with this one. Definitely recommend getting a sample before you buy it, no buyer's remorse if you decide that you don't like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Really nice, opaque but my cakey feeling and gives good, smooth coverage. Is on par with mac's pro longwear concealer for sure. More colours in the mac line but this formula is less cakey than mac's. highly recommend if you pair with the double wear foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lndydhr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just horrible. It has glitter on it? I swear when I squeezed it out there is something sparkly. The texture is just rough, it doesn't blend. Defenitely won't repurchase. PS: got it in #03 Medium for HK$170 (US$22)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by GeorgiePorge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makes my under eye area look grey and if I try to cover blemishes it's very cakey and unnatural looking. I don't think it's matches my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Kittyfletcher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product hoping it would be a great product to use under my eyes to hide dark circles and smooth fine lines. Unfortunately in this respect I have been disappointed. However for all other facial imperfections it has turned out to be an especially good product. It's very natural looking and up until now I've been satisfied to use it on bare moisturised skin. Even though its a let down with dark circles it's very effective at hiding those red/pink pin dots one gets when a spot is in its final death throes! I also found it does smooth out enlarged pores and can go on sheer to reduce faint red patches. For my very fair skin tone I've found shade 02 Light very natural looking without an overly pink nor yellow hue, I suppose you could say it has quite neutral undertones. It is blend-able and build-able. Packaging is good quality and hygienic. Not the cheapest product but a little goes a long way. I've not regretted my purchase at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the barely mauve, which is an off cast white with a very slight purple tint to it. I believe it is intended to help conceal dark circles, so I was looking forward to trying it. Unfortunately it was not concealing enough for me. I use a pink based concealer, that is light pink to brighten up my dark circles, and I find that color works better for me than this product does. This isn't a bad product by any means, but I have something better already. Worth a try though for dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Dusty00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is good stuff! When I mix this with a little eye cream (ROC) it applys very smoothly and doesn't crease! I have had two colors the first was the ivory, which at the time I thought was too light, but after getting a medium shade, they both work but the light was best. Topped with foundation, I think it works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by aliora

I won't buy it again until they come up with some additional colors, preferably one that matches me well. Granted, I could probably buy two tubes of this and mix them together, but the lighter one that's similar to my shade runs a tad grey, whereas the one that I was initially matched with (Medium 3) turned out too dark and orange-y on me. I think it would've worked better if my skin had tanned a bit more, which is what it tends to do over the summer, but I can't see myself using this during the cooler seasons.

Even right now when my skin is tanner than usual, it still feels a tad darker than I'd like it to be. It also tends to fade on my oily skin by mid day, but that's to be expected. Otherwise, the texture is great; it blends into my skin really well and hides the redness around my nose area. It's not cakey at all and didn't crease on me. I love the fact that it comes in a tube. I think all concealers should just come in a tube, and for the amount that you're getting, you need only a little to get the job done. I just wish they had a better range of colors.