November 1, 2014 | 771 users online

Polishes - OPI - A-Rose At Dawn...Broke by Noon

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by oadilemma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had this colour on my toes for a couple of days and it has grown on me and now I really like it - so have just decided to splash it onto my nails for some weekend colour!
It's bright (with the frosting effect) and as I dont own any red polishes (at this stage!) it, for me, is the next best thing. Have had comments on my toes - so will see what happens re the fingers.
I am Soft and Cool colouring and this is a good match with Orchid/Soft Fuchsia - tho the polish can appear brighter rather than soft. No problems with application, as long as the brush is well loaded and didnt take too long to dry with an OPI base coat.
Would buy again, but if I find something with less shimmer - would get that instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sparklecakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color with my skin tone, but I agree with the other reviewers who point out how easily flaws show with the shimmery/ metallic finish.

Just like my other OPI polishes this shade is has a great texture and nice wide brush. Because of the shimmer you have to load the brush with a large dollop of polish to avoid streaks and bumps.

Applying this polish is a bit of a pain, but once I have it on I can't stop admiring my nails.

I don't think I'd buy this color again, but I'd love to find a creamy replacement in the same shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's A-Rose at Dawn . . . Broke by Noon is a bright medium pink/rose polish with a very, very frosty finish (think 1970s/1980s). This is a beautiful color but quite-dated finish. The formula was very good - not too thin and not gloopy at all; however, you will get brush lines with this one and when dry, the finish will show every flaw, dimple, and divot in your nails. Two coats makes for opaque bottle color. I have tried this color a couple of times and have either removed it or covered it up both times. (China Glaze Sex on the Beach makes for a nice frost-killer and still leaves the pink color). While I love the shade of pink in this, the frost finish makes it extremely out of date and I would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by FloozieKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I dont know what it is about this polish as I love pink - but everytime I have worn it I have not been pleased and ended up taking it off quite quickly or covering it in a glitter like Princesses Rule.

I think it is because it is frosty so I feel it is a bit dated. It was first produced in 2003 as part of the Las Vegas collection - so this could be why.
I seem to like it more on my toes than on fingers

It is a crimson pink metalic rose and it does apply quite streaky

Although the shade is very pretty in the bottle - it is not my favourite pink on my nails. Cream based pinks look younger I think

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by gracielasmommie

This color looks beautiful in the bottle a berry pink color with a frost finish. I'm not crazy about it AND I'm not that upset that i didn't like it as much as i thought, it's just okay. You can really see the streaky-ness and lines of the brush when my nails were dry, that kinda bugged me. (OPI has always had such great quality for me and this wasn't up to par) I'll try and use up the bottle but I won't buy a second bottle of this shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by morgs5555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite pedicure shade. Bright pink and metallic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

The only nail polish color I've ever purchased more than once. Got it when it was first released some years back. To my delight saw it in December at Ulta! My perfect summer pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by kickyouonce

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Now, this is one frost I can get behind. It's almost a metallic frost and it's a gorgeous berry-pink that looks great, apparently, on a variety of skintones.
I see someone has said she doesn't think it'd look good on PPPs, but guess what - that's what I am and it's fabulous on me! ;-)
It's a really great contrast on pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I was out of town for a friend's wedding and having a manicure at a salon that requires you to bring your own polish or buy one. I didn't know about this policy and hadn't brought a polish so had to buy one. Their "stock" was pretty depleted and this was the best they had! I'm not crazy for frosted polish on my nails and found this to be just too frost and garish looking for my taste. But I was determined to use it up (call me cheap - I hate wasting stuff) and, like the reviewer before me, I found it looked quite pretty on my toes so I use it in summer and it looks very nice when I'm wearing sandals and my toes are peeping out. But definitely not a colour I would repurchase. The wear seems fine...mind you, most polishes last just fine on my toes. The manicure I had seemed to last quite a while too, but then pro manicures always last on me about twice as long as "DIY" jobs!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by iloveOPI

I saw hand photos of this polish online, fell in love, and ordered it...boy was I wrong!!! Like some have noted, this is a very cool, frosted, silvery pink that just clashes with my pale skin with warm undertones. While it would look great on those with dark skin or pale skin with cool undertones, it looks trashy on me.

The polish looks nice on me under yellow light and in dim or mood lighting because it makes it look more golden, so I'd wear it for a night out or something. However, fluorescent light, sunlight, or any bright lighting will really bring out the silvery frost and make it look horrible.

I've found that if I put a coat (or two) of Cozu Melted In The Sun over this, the cool silvery frost is canceled out and it looks more like a metallic mauve, which looks nice on me.

So I only wear this when I'm sure that there will be no bright lights around. Or I put a coat of a golden/metallic glittery color over it.

EDIT - This color actually looks pretty cute on my toes! My BF, who usually doesn't notice nail colors, said, "Look at your cute little pink toes!" and was a bit disappointed that I wanted to remove it and paint them another color.