August 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Moisturizers - Aveda - Tourmaline Charged Hydrating Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to night cream. I have dehydrated skin and once I put this on my skin just drinks it up. I also notice how fresh dewy and glowy my skin looks the next morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift, not sure if I would normally shell out all that cash for it.
It is a very thick, rich, white creme, almost like a barrier cream or nappy cream for babies. It does not have any strong smell.
Once you apply it on the face it warms up quickly and disappears, I have to say though my skin is really dry. It does sit on your skin for a while, but after a few minutes I can apply make-up and dry patches are nowhere to be seen. So I love this about it.
I would only recommend it for dry skin and cooler temperatures. Also I'm pretty break-out prone and my pores clog easily. I haven't seen any extra pore-clogging from using this cream. So far I'm quite pleased, but it's nothing sensational.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by CaKaT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has little 'slip', and I recommend applying either right after a serum or while the toner is still drying on the skin. It's kind of like diving onto a slip-and-slide and finding the hose has shut off and the plastic is now bringing your momentum to a halt.

Product leaves a shiny glow, so powder is needed to keep from looking oily. However, with powder in place this has a soft matte, bright appearance. Does not cause breakouts and does not irritate my skin, and this is why it gets 4 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the nicest cream I've ever used. A friend recommended the Tourmaline charged cleanser to use as a 2x weekly scrub and I bought this at the same time, knowing that I'd need some heavy duty moisture after any scrub. It is expensive, but it is perfect for my super-dry skin and I've found that I don't need to use that much of it (compared to four plus pumps of thinner facial lotions). I especially love it under my eyes- the skin just seems to drink it up.
I'm not understanding some of the criticism about the texture, but I'm also happy using raw coconut oil or shea butter because my skin's so dry. This is far easier to use than those products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by bergafer3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love la mer, but can't afford it any longer. This is what my asecthian suggested to me as a cheaper alternative. So far I really like it. But if your oily stay away. It's not for you

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by misterhankey

This is the worst moisturiser I've ever tried. I wanted to love it, because I love the smell of Aveda products but the person who said this was like the texture of cornflour in water was absolutely right. It's wet but firm and dry when you apply it. It left my skin feeling sticky and very itchy. I also tried the serum, but because I used them together I don;t know whether one was OK. I took both back. I really don't know why Aveda don't let you try a sample. It would have saved them the cost of my return. I'm not prepared to pay 30 for a bunch of samples from the same range, which is what was on offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by flamingoyo

I used to work for Aveda and I have to say, the Tourmaline Charged cream, (actually, the whole Tourmaline line) is definitely one of my favorites. It's MEANT for those with dry or dehydrated skin, so if you're more on the oily side, steer clear. This makes a perfect night and winter day cream. I know the texture is a bit odd/thick but there's a special way to apply it to maximize its potential: warm it up in your hands by rubbing them together so that it becomes clear and is no longer white, THEN apply it. If you apply it straight out of the jar, you'll have problems making it penetrate.
I always apply it before bed and yes, while it might feel heavy, who cares? The results are well worth it. I wake up in the morning with such glowing, dewy looking skin that I forgo any makeup. Pair this with the Tourmaline Radiance Serum and you've got yourself an A team.
The longer you use it, the better the results. I would only recommend not using it for daytime wear when it's warm/hot out. Definitely works better as night cream/cold months daytime cream for great protection.
It is a bit pricey but a little goes a long way and definitely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

And, look, it's me, back again with another review of a moisturizer I didn't like! That leaves only two Aveda moisturizers without sunscreen that I haven't tried, and at this point, I give up. None of them have come even close to Green Science, for me, and this one was a particular failure.
The good:
The smell's okay. The graphic design professional in me rather likes the look of the jar.
The bad:
Thick, greasy, hard to spread.
Left me shiny.
Made my pores look all gaping and sad.
After not quite three weeks, starting causing breakouts on my cheek -- the unmistakeable sign of something my skin doesn't love.

I returned it and got my money back.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

I found this cream a bit chunky (you have to try a sample to understand), it felt like there were bits of things in it when you apply it on your face. I don't have sensitive skin at all, my skin can put up with high levels of AHA and benzyl peroxide, but the tourmaline really irritated my face and my eyes stung/teared even though I didn't put any of the cream near my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Chole28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was product had a strange consistency and I needed a lot in order to feel like it was working. It also made me break out. Big disappointment.