July 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Burt's Bees - Wings of Love Tinted Moisturizer in Light [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is totally unusable. I thought it had promise, as the light shade actually matches my skin tone, but the consistency is just bizarre. It comes out like chalk mixed with oil and won't blend at all. I was very disappointed. They should try a new formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Burt's Bees is a genius with lip balms and lotions and so on, but with makeup...they definitely need to work on it. This is the only Burt's Bees product I've been unhappy with. The product separated very easily so what was coming out of the tube was chalky gunk that didn't blend, but only flaked and gunked up on my skin, and some kind of oily serum. The smell was horrible, and I just ended up throwing the product out. I didn't experience any skin reactions to the product though, for which I was grateful. I really hope they work on the formula and smell of this, because if they got it right, it could be a great seller.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this enough, actually repurchased. Twice. It is a little thick, but I don't wear alot of foundation, I just use it in certain areas. I found that a small amount on moisturised skin looked very nice, very natural. No clogged pores. The color was good too.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by ilovejoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Aww, burt! I love burts bees usually... and i WANTED to love this. I don't like heavy foundation and the packaging was darling so i figured I might fall in love. But, nope. It was chalky, heavy, hard to blend, and well... ugly. Plus it had an unpleasant smell. Sorry, Burt!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 11:45:00 AM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy crap..I have never disliked a product as much as this tinted moisturizer. I usually use Aveda's tinted moisturizer, but I decided to try Burt's Bees since I love their night creme and shampoos & conditioners. EWWW..this stuff is as chalky as the day is long and the smell...I can't even begin to explain the smell. I washed my face, hands and arms and the nauseating scent still permeated my skin & clothes. I had to let it wear off, it took a good couple of days. I'll stick with the Burt's Bees products I know and love and stay far far away from this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this since I'm trying to switch to natural products, but this is terrible! I have clear, normal to dry skin (a blessing) so I figured this would suit me fine. WRONG. I have never been so greasy in my LIFE. I have it on now, just touching my face makes me cringe. What's worse, it offers NO coverage whatsoever and I don't even need that much! All I need is something light to cover pinkness on my cheeks and chin and it can't even do that, in fact I think it makes my face even redder because it cannot breathe. I saw myself in a mirror today in a hardware store and I'm surprised no one asked if I was about to pass out. It was 95 degrees today and I guess heat and this stuff don't mix, my poor skin was bright, bright RED. I don't know what their intentions were when they decided to make this stuff, why would anyone pay so much for a product that offers no coverage and feels like a gallon of thick sunscreen (yet it has NO sunscren in it, another gripe). I don't think kindly adding a little SPF would make us think it any less of a natural product, do you?

**EDIT(5-16-06)** Well, like the vanishing powder, I bought a full size bottle of this knowing that Burt guarantees it if I don't like it still, so I tried it and guess what! It is BETTER from the tube than the little sample paper thingie, that one is way runnier. I also applied it with a damp sponge this time, and it works alot better. It is still very sheer, but it does have just barely enough coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by devilishdamsel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a terrible product. After using it one time i broke out horribly. Needless to say this product was promptly disposed of. Im still not sure what they meant to accomplish with this product as it is pretty much pure oil with absolutely no coverage ability. Another thing that astounds me is the label which reads non condemic; it is very pore clogging. Stay far away from this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2006 8:33:00 PM More reviews by knoel

Ugh. it is like chalk. Burt's bees shouldn't try making makeup. They have YET to make one that is useable.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2005 9:19:00 PM More reviews by beautiful_disaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh lordy...words cannot describe how disgusting this product was for me. My roomate gave it to me after it make her oily skin 100 times worse. Well, I have combo skin so I figured it might not be that bad on me. Wrong! I put this on before class-two hours later, I had to rush home to wash it off because it felt like someone dumped oil all over my face. Disgusting doesn't even begin to describe this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2005 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Shannalee

This is a very nice sheer product and I like the way it smells. It also leaves my skin very soft and I especially like it for a lighter foundation during the summer months. In addition, it doesn't dry out my skin or crease the way that some other foundations can, so in that regard it's actually pretty good for winter too when skin can get so dry. The consistancy is a little odd at first but it smoothes out fine. My only beef was that I couldn't get the cap back on straight after the first few times. It never went on right again and I was worried it might dry out. Hopefully the next tube won't have that problem.