August 30, 2014 | 1743 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Banana Boat Vitaskin Spf 50

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 9:08:00 AM More reviews by nyssa1231

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product. Growing up in California, you have to use sunscreen every single day. The subtle scent and non-greasy texture made it easy to wear sunscreen daily.

The only negative is the fact that I'm having a hard time finding this sunscreen! I've searched every drugstore, googled it, searched on eBay, the works. I saw on a review below that Banana Boat said that they still manufacture the item. If anyone can give me a heads up as to where I can find this, I would appreciate it if you would please let me know!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Banana_Babe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get sunburnt, I just get more tan, but I don't want to be too too dark, so I use this. Plus it's saving my skin all the added damage. Smells good too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by mandyagain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVELOVELOVE this sunscreen!! The only reason I deducted a point is because U.S. sunscreens don't have Mexoryl XL, the best UVA protector out there (hurry up, FDA!!). But this is the BEST sunscreen for body I've ever found, and I have a closet full of bottles and tubes of stuff from the dark, dark period when I couldn't find my VitaSkin in the stores! I just called Banana Boat (yes, that's how good this stuff is) and am relieved they still make it. VitaSkin goes on like a rich hand cream, has broad spectrum protection, and is very, very moisturizing. And the cocoa butter/coconut smell is nice. I would use this just because it's emollient, but the fact that it's protecting me from sun spots, wrinkles, and skin cancer make this my HOLY GRAIL of sunscreens!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2003 12:41:00 PM More reviews by camiller

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sunscreen is excellent - it goes on smoothly and sinks into your skin within five minutes or so. It has a mild cocoa-butter smell which some people don't like, but it doesn't bother me. I don't usually wear it on my face, although when I ran out of facial sunscreen, I did put this on my face with no skin irritation. I'm almost at the end of the bottle and will definitely buy this product again. Update: I am on my second bottle of this and have been using it as a facial moisturizer all winter and my skin hasn't been flaky or dry at all.