July 25, 2014 | 1891 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Crabtree & Evelyn - Crabtree & Evelyn goatmilk body lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Fluffysealion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a Christmas gift last year. I have sensitive skin so my friend kindly took that into consideration and bought me something gentle. My skin has not had any reactions to this product which is good. However, the product is far from perfect for me and I'll explain why.

I have rather dry legs, and I honestly don't think this lotion did anything to improve my skin texture. Yes it felt moisturized when I applied the lotion, but unfortunately, the lotion's effects are not long lasting. The smell is also quite overwhelming. It smells like cheap, strong perfume, which I did not expect a bottle of goat milk lotion would smell like. I cannot stand the smell of this product and that alone makes me not ever want to make a purchase when I use up this bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by thathippiegothchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me first start this review by saying I have looked literally everywhere for a lotion that not only works well with my ultra sensitive/combination skin, but also is fairly chemical free, and that I have looked for the above as well as my go to lotion for literally years. I also wanted a lotion that was multi-purpose, I.e, can be used as a facial moisturizer and a body lotion as well - because I was also having this same problem with facial moisturizers. Long story short, I've found it with this lotion. It's not thick enough as to leave any residue as long as you are careful of not putting to much on (with other lotions they seemed to be greasy no matter how lightly I applied it), it doesn't break me out anywhere, and it moisturizes fantastically no matter where I apply it - my skin literally feels like silk. It also gives my skin this wonderful sorta glow. Hard to explain but it makes my skin look great. I tentatively tried this on my face, and found that it does all of the above to it as well. I'm sold, I will always have this lotion and use it. It works great, so if you have skin like mine - use it! The only downside to this lotion, and I add this as an afterthought because its worth it for what this lotion does - is that it is on the pricey side. I ordered it on Amazon to save some money but it was still $18.00 with tax, not counting shipping. But considering how well it works and how long I looked, it was worth every single penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lotion is quite good, it moisturizes well and it has the rare quality of being light enough for the summer yet warming enough for the winter, too. The fact that draws me back from this is the smell, because I was expecting something more "milky" and this scent is similar to laundry detergent to me, and quite strong, too. The packaging, though, is quite beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

purchased this and the body wash. This lotions smells okay, does an okay job of moisturizing. Nothing special to warrant the price tag.The bottle dispenses nicely. Will keep using and wait to see if the "goat mik" does anything positive for my skin. Will report back.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2006 9:49:00 AM More reviews by velcroash

I liked this. It smells good, it feels good. Not greasy. The only thing was that my skin still needed lotion after about an hour.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2004 8:29:00 AM More reviews by essentialoil56

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has an appealing slightly spicy scent. the lotion is light and easily absorbed and moisturizes well but not as well as say a comparable amount of an Origins body balm. makes my skin feel a bit warm so I would prefer to use in colder weather. for that reason I probably wont repurchase and also i'm more for sweet scents. It is a quality product though so i'm giving it a 4, love the Crabtree & Evelyn dispensers, very practical and attractive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2003 8:21:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an average body lotion. I did not develop any sort of irritation however it did not provide as much moisture as I would have liked. The odor of this product was also not my cup of tea. I like the Avocado Oil line much better. They are my long time favorites from E&C.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2003 3:40:00 PM More reviews by nuchigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This and all the other Crabtree & Evelyn Lotions and Creams are amazing. Lightweight, but moisturising. They don't leave a sticky residue and don't leave your skin itching. I also love the Aloe Vera, LA Source, and Jojoba scent. If they weren't so expensive I'd splurge on the $28 (yikes!) creams. For now, I am lucky enough to find them at Marshall's for $7.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2003 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Snuggie

this has got to be the best body lotion ever. bought it in singapore. makes your skin so soft and supple. as goatmilk contains nutrients that does wonders to your skin...
this lotion lives up to it!