Redken Touch Control [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 8/11/2011 4:39:00 PM

Unfortunately, I think this mouse has been discontinued. I was given two bottles of it and it worked so well for my fine, very thin hair. It gave me just enough hold, body, and shine without being heavy and weighing my hair down. I sure hope they bring this one back.

on 12/10/2010 2:17:00 AM

I have the finest, thinnest, flattest hair it is possible to have while still actually having hair.Kind of like a blond baby's hair.So bad that I have even been asked if I am having chemotherapy! Needless to say it is the bane of my life.I will do anything, try anything and pay anything to make it look presentable.
This is the product I always come back to.Even when it was briefly discontinued I tracked it down on ebay.
It gives the texture that my kind of hair needs and adds discernable volume. It also helps resist the evil humidity attack! The trick is not to use too much which I feel some reviewers may have done.Also if you are expecting any sort of hold-forget it.I use Aveda finishing creme and my latest favourite hairspray for that.Otherwise the minute anyone breathes in my direction my hair floats all over the place.
It last for months so this offsets the price.Though as mentioned this is the least of my concerns.
I would have scored it higher but I have had to return a couple of cans over the years due to mechanical failure.I have never had a problem doing this. My hair has gone from very oily to brittle dry over the years due to aging and colouring and the climate where I am living and I have found it works for a range of hair conditions.
Just remember-use much less than you think you need or your hair will be weighted down and dirty looking instead of 'boofy'!

on 6/14/2009 2:18:00 PM

I was a bit disappointed with this because it really is just an average mousse. I think I was misled by the word Control in its name. It doesn't really give much control at all.

I have a short layered style and thin fine hair and I wanted something to give it body and texture. This doesn't really do anything for it. I should have been warned by the 5 on the pack - the Redken numbering shows that this is quite low and therefore not intended to give much control.

Even using masses of this doesn't seem to help - the effect is just the same. In fact, I think the result isn't much different than if I had used no mousse at all! Won't buy again (although it's a massive can and will take ages to use up - may be I'll just cut my losses.)

on 11/10/2008 8:48:00 AM

I didn't find this to be volumising-- just a little. However, it doesn't weigh your hair down and did a terrific job in enhancing your hair natural waves. It's a great product especially when you don't feel like stressing your hair too much (e.g. blow dry) -- use on slightly dampened hair, let it dry by itself and you'll definitely get the perfect waves! Highly recommended!

on 10/28/2008 11:43:00 AM

I started using this product back in the summer. I was tired of all the gooey, sticky styling products. I have semi-fine hair and a lot of it and if I use too many products it just leave my hair dull, drab and hard to control. I detest hairspray. I currently wear my hair in the style like Agyness Deyn (British Model) she does a lot of adds for Burberry. (See picture on my profile) Anyway I find that the Touch Control Mousse works great on my hair and gives me great volume and hold without weighing it down or causing dryness. This is my HG!!!

on 5/1/2008 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. I have very fine hair that will be flat as a board without products. I love this because it is a mousse, so it is light and doesn't weigh hair down. You have to be sure to shake the bottle up good before dispensing. It just takes a little bit to give your fine limp hair volume and umph!!! I really do like it alot. I will definitley repurchase this.

on 1/11/2008 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

♥ this stuff....perfect for "strong" wavy hair that's relatively short. I can just spritz some water on my hair the morning after and restyle my hair just using my fingers. Of course, finally finding a great stylist that understands my barely wavy hair is very helpful. She's the one that introduced me to this wonderful mousse.

INGREDIENTS: water, sobutan, propylene glycol, sodium polysytrene sulfonate, carbomer, triethanolamine, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, parfum, methylparaben, PEG-60 almond glycerides, cocamidopropyl betaine, polysorbate 20, propane, phenoxyethanol, polyethylene glycol, benzopenone-4, blyceryl laurate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylpehnyl methylpropional, xylose, cintronellol, linalool, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, geranoil, hydroxyisoheyl 3-cyclohexene carboyaldehyde, hydrolyzed wheat starch, eugenol continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was trying to use up a online gift-certificate I had so I saw this and it looked interesting. Maybe I'm the odd one out here but I love this stuff! I have thick, wavy brown hair that falls to just below my chest. I deff. wouldn't put it on dry hair though. I put it on my roots when my hair is SOPPING wet then I scrunch through to the ends of my hair and blow dry. I get AMAZING volume with this stuff! The consistancy is perfect for what I do with it. The smell doesn't smell bad (infact- kinda smells nice). Only thing is if you use too much it will gum up your hair into a huge sticky mess. I have so much styling products that I don't know if I'd use this up. If I do, I will be repurchasing.

on 2/4/2004 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well, when I first used this I hated it I tried using it to give my straight hair volume and it just made it sticky and unbrushable. Then I recently tried it again when I used hot rollers to curl my hair and I don't know what I did differently but I really like the hold and shine it seemed to give my hair. continued >>

on 11/27/2003 7:49:00 PM

Something was wrong with the bottle, dispenser, or age of it. Every time I tried to use it, some kind of weird, horrible, clear, fizzy bonding-to-skin chemical came out before the texture whip. I could not get the stuff off my hands with ANYTHING. Not water & soap, not vinegar, not baby oil, not even nail polish remover. It honestly acted like superglue and stayed way sticky after it dried on my hands. I ended up scrubbing it off my hands with a pumice stone because I cannot stand sticky things on my hands!! I rubbed some skin off trying to get it off. And the actual product was okay; made my hair tangly.

Popular Styling Products