August 23, 2014 | 1803 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Napoleon Perdis - Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by ayo1sophie

I got a sample of this product in the May Glossybox Subscription. I used this under my makeup the day I received it because I was super excited to try it, as I am a primer junkie. Didn't think much of it when applying it as I usually wait a little bit after I apply my primer to start my foundation. My makeup lasted it's normal wear so it wasn't something to write home about. The allergic reaction, on the other hand, was HORRENDOUS. My skin can take a beating without getting any type of allergic reaction to products. Under my makeup, my skin so raw. The skin under my eyes and around my mouth were red sore blotches. UGH so disappointed. **PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE test this product out on a place other than your face before purchasing!!!** You face will thank you!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by cakefaceangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All-time favorite primer! Controls my oily skin, hydrates my skin well, allows for my foundation to glide on and blend easily, and has a great lasting power. Pricey, but well worth it! Will purchase over and over.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Lefox92

Stay away from this product! I found that it did not help my makeup smooth on any better and it certainly did not help my makeup stay put- in fact after 3 hours I had to reapply my foundation again. Far too expensive for what you're getting- I was very disappointed. Wish I never bought it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is a very silky and elegant primer. It is lightweight, and almost like a gel-cream texture. It goes on skin very easily with a lot of slip, and feels light and breathable. It does a great job of priming skin, and really helps makeup last longer. It also blurs pores and adds a light softness to skin.

It is not silicone-y, greasy, heavy or thick. Once you put it on, it feels light as a feather. But I can definitely tell when I don't wear it .... my pores look more obvious and my makeup doesn't look as fresh after several hours. So for as light as it feels on skin, it still creates an effective base for makeup.

It's not oil absorbing though. So if you need oil control you will have to use the NP Oil Control Powder or another oil control product on top.

Overall, I really like it. I like how light and breathable it feels on my skin, and how soft and silky my skin feels after I put it on. I use this primer along with the Napoleon Perdis Foundation Stick (which is *awesome*!), and the finish is as close to perfect as my skin is ever gonna get! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by missmacmoo

Love this primer! It gently moisturises your skin making it soft and a perfect base for makeup. I will definitely recommend this to all my friends!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by cassieandco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer is amazing WHEN USED RIGHT. I use about the size of two peas for my whole face and it gives my face a healthy glow as well as keeping my makeup on longer. My skin feels smooth and it doesn't break me out which is amazing. I also mix it with my foundation for more sheer coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm really indifferent about the effects of this primer. It doesn't make my skin look amazing nor does it make it look or feel any worse... The tube is a good design, nice and hygienic. As for the price I understand the price is a little higher as napoleon is a reputable brand, I just don't think this product is worth dishing out for.. All in all wasn't good wasn't awful I'll keep looking for a primer I like.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Karinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has so much hype in Australia but I really didn't like it. It's over priced for what it's worth and it didn't do anything to make my complexion look any better. In fact it looked oily, and I don't even have a problem with oily skin! I do not recommend this product and I've gone off napoleon perdis products completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by addikted

I have repurchased this brilliant stuff repeatedly for years. Under various foundations and more recently under mineral makeup, which is great.

This makes any makeup stay looking fresh and prevents patchiness, drying in air-conditioning, melting in humidity..you name it, I have found this stands up to it.
I don't understand the negative reviews so I will explain how I use it.

Prepare skin as usual, cleanse, exfoliate etc. Add your moisturizer and LET IT SINK IN.
Then, apply a large pea sized amount in little dots over face, then DO NOT RUB IT IN, it is not moisturizer. You want to just tap and lightly spread it over rather than rubbing it into what's already on your skin. OK. Now it says don't let it dry, to apply foundation immediately. Well I don't necessarily agree with that, I can see how it could work but I find let it 'dry' for about maybe a minute. You can leave it longer, even 5-10mins is fine, but at least a minute.
Only then apply your makeup. Again do not rub it in! You are looking to layer it over. Especially with mineral makeup it's over it, not into it! By now you should be looking nice and fresh, even and better skin. It makes any bad skin day look so much better!
I get a lot of compliments on my makeup looking fresh. Thats what I like about this stuff.
No, it's not a concealer, I don't find it's illuminating nor is it correcting in the sense of undertone. It just makes any makeup wear better x 20 and look more refined and more EVEN AND LOVELY. This is HG PRIMER FOR ME. 20+ tubes do not lie. The price has gone up, it's now about $50AUD a tube BUT it's worth it. It does last when used properly. You don't need to slather this on. Like anything, start your face with nicely exfoliated and moisturised skin and things work better. This smooths even further, but does not have that silicony velvet feel. I do not get blocked pores or any negatives from this, ever. It helps keep pollution, smoke, dirt, oil out of your pores actually, so it's a win win.
My skin feels weightless, it feels light, not congested or thick like silicon mask type primers are. My skin can breathe. I find my skin without makeup looks better after I use this daily, when I run out I really notice all the dry/flaky/oily little patches show.

Rubbing this stuff in is not recommended. Let it sit n your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by OhMissJessie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd hit the HG of primers with this; I started using it in the Australian winter and it did a pretty good job under my NP Foundation Stick in Look 2B. However, as soon as the temperatures started rising, it just gives up. In the summer any foundation I used over this (NP or not) just slid straight off my face. It also for some reason made my face sweat a heap; my upper lip never sweats unless I'm wearing this primer. At first I was concerned it was the NP foundation, but after using other primers under it I can confirm it's this primer, not the foundation.

I'm not even going to do my usual "This product is/is not for you if..." spiel; I flat-out definitely would not recommend this product for anyone. Too Faced do a great primer, and if you want a cheapie I'm sure they'd work just as well (if not better!) than this.