April 18, 2014 | 1973 users online

Lip Treatments - Mary Kay - Satin Lips - Lip Mask only

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by sierraashby

I love this product! The granules are fine so you may think that it wouldn't be very exfoliating, but it leaves my lips very soft

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by bcm321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, it's pretty decent for the amount I bought it for but I wouldn't waste my time buying this IF you wanna exfoliate everyday. I have a better chance of smooth lips for days if I use a natural lip exfoliator which is (evoo and sugar!) so I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

$9.50 is a bit pricey for lip scrub. this reminded me of the stick scrub from the body shop. cheaper option, same results. i do like this though, its in a cream-like formula and the grain is finer. made my lips and the surrounding area SO smooth. you apply, scrub and leave on for a few minutes. it dries up like a mask and then you wipe it off. i am sure there are cheaper options out there so not sure if i would repurchase. if you already have a scrub for your face, you won't need this. i like to use gel cleansers with acids in it so i like having this as an option to get the dead skin off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I first tried it four years ago when a friend threw me a Mary Kay- makeover bridal shower/ party. I loved it then. I even thought I remembered winning a free set, but I don't think it made it home with me. My mom got me this set for Christmas. Apparently my dad (a very manly man's man) uses it when he gets really chapped lips. He loves it. Anyways- I do recommend this as it does do a pretty decent job of removing dead skin and then moisturizing your lips. However, I feel like they are back to the way they were before using the mask by the next day. The initial results are awesome, but there is nothing lasting about it. I think the packaging says to leave it on 1-2 minutes. I leave it on for about 5 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff. I use it 2-3 times per week or whenever my lips are dry or flaky. I usually massage it in with a q-tip and let it sit for 3 or 4 minutes then gently rub a warm washcloth in circles to remove it. If your lips are flaky, this will take care of the problem much more effectively than just exfoliating with a washcloth or toothbrush. It's super quick and easy and worth the 10 or 12 bucks it costs. Also, it doesn't seem like the tube would last very long, but a little goes a long way--I'm going on probably 4 months with my current tube and it is still going strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

My lips get dry often and flake so exfoliation is a must for me. I exfoliate on a daily basis because I wear lipsticks and or gloss everyday. When I exfoliate I use this about half the time. The other half of the time I use a warm wash cloth and rotate it in circular motions across my lips.

This product does what it's supposed to do. After I leave it on for 1-2 minutes it's dry and I use a wash cloth to remove. I'm left with lips that literally feel like satin. This mask is the only Mary Kay product I own and probably will be the only Mary Kay product I'll buy because I'm not interested in anything else they make. However, I hope they never discontinue this product.

It's lasted me about 1 year and I use it frequently so not only is it a good quality product but also a good value. A little dab of this goes a long way. When I purchased this I got the matching lip balm and wasn't especially impressed. I think the mask is the real star of the line. I use it with my Clinique Superbalm, but you could use it with any lip balm and get the same "satin lips" result.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is very good and helps the dry skin on my lips come off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a gift and came just in time. I'd just run out of Red Tea Lip Salvation (Ole Henriksen) and was debating whether or not to re-order. At $15.00 a pop, I hesitated for sure. The MK version comes very close to the OH in that the first step has the sluffer which removed dead skin cells and peeling skin. The second is a balm. The balm is the best part imo...it's so soothing and is perfect before bedtime. Yes, the MK version is loaded with chemicals, which is a consideration, however it does get the job done. The Ole Henriksen version is all natural and smells like fresh fruit. The sluffer is softer and more gentle and requires very little mechanical work to get the job done. The MK version is a little more gritty, but in a good way and that balm makes it a good bet. Will keep using both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

My lips are usually in good shape, but occasionally get chapped and very flaky. I never actually expect products like this to work, and so was really surprised when, after leaving it on for about 10 minutes (vs. the 1-2 the tube directs), my lips came out completely flake free. I didn't need to rub it in or do any work of any kind - I just smeared some on, waited, then removed it with a wet tissue. I usually use the wet washcloth method, but this is both easier and less painful. I think US$9.50 is a reasonable price for something like this that performs well and doesn't require much product per use - I would buy it again if possible.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Amandalove

I hate this product. It dries my lips out. They have never felt worse in my life. I do like the little squeeze tube it comes in but thats about it.